1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fits in nicely with my custom fett and the awesome tamashii 3po
View attachment 164535

What I really like about your custom gloves is that you can get the right pose for the "hands on the belt" look. The SSC DX gloves don't have the right hand-to-wrist angle, so it never quite looks right, not to mention the (slight) oven mitt scale of the hands/fingers and the too-drastic flare out on the gauntlet parts.

Unfortunate we can't say "no DX bodysuit was harmed in the making of this picture" though.:lol But then again - the poor quality of that bodysuit probably deserves the scissors treatment.

What I really like about your custom gloves is that you can get the right pose for the "hands on the belt" look. The SSC DX gloves don't have the right hand-to-wrist angle, so it never quite looks right, not to mention the (slight) oven mitt scale of the hands/fingers and the too-drastic flare out on the gauntlet parts.

Unfortunate we can't say "no DX bodysuit was harmed in the making of this picture" though.:lol But then again - the poor quality of that bodysuit probably deserves the scissors treatment.

That's what my aim was when i first started this,the overall look and scale of everything ,gloves, boots ,shape of body etc. I keep banging on about scale but that's the most important thing to my eye. It's got to look like a guy in a suit. Just look at the HT ANH vader,it has it's flaws but leaving the height issue to one side it's perfectly scaled and looks like i guy in a suit

Really happy with how the gloves turned out.You can get nice little creases just where you want them,along the wrists
View attachment 164361View attachment 164362

Holy cow! Well done, Matrix. I think this is my favorite Vader in this thread. And thats the Kaiyodo mask? Looks excellent, and it makes the DX12 dome look better. I really need to pick up a kit one day. And you say the body is a mix of the DX and ANH? What did you do? The proportions look perfect. I eventually just gave my ANH body a complete overhaul. I cut out sections of the legs, arms and midsection. Still not sure what you did with the gloves but they look amazing.

I have a new Vader project in the works too. Still on my quest for the "perfect" Vader.

Edit: No need to answer any of those questions. I went back further in the thread and got my answers.

Last edited:
I think mine turned out well. when I look at the stock vader and see mine it`s night and day difference. my vader is still on the stock body would not even know how to combine the two different bodies together

Nice work everyone. If anyone has any spare Vader parts left over after your bashes please let me know. I'm looking specifically for parts for a ANH Vader I'm trying to bash together. Chest armor boots and suit to be exact.

Back