1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you do a body swap? The arms on the original are comically short. I'm so tempted to swap the body on mine, but equally tempted just to use a different less revealing pose.

I spliced both the DX and ANH bodies together(top DX and abs down ANH). The arms aren't that short on the DX,i think the body is to wide and the arms don't hang naturally at the sides. I sanded down the body so they now hang closer to the sides giving it a overall better look. Even with that little mod i think you can improve the stock figure

Outstanding! :clap It really incredible the difference just the mask alone makes. :) One of the big things other than the mask that is a big sell for me on the Kaiyodo kit is the shin guards and the boots. They are MASSIVE on the Sideshow Vaders and if you want to down size him they look ridiculous.

Yeah Although from a certain angle it can look ok. But straight on? Horrendous. The ANH mask is definitely better for me as well.

It's always a pleasure seeing a new project from you, eczamurai. :)

Thanks man, this one has been a project indeed. Too bad it's not perfect, I already know ways to improve him could I have started ALL over. But they are minor improvements. It's annoying the things you learn during a process like this you could have done better that can't be reversed.

I will show him off soon! I don't have money for the glosscote atm. I am a poor fellow.

Since I'm stuck untill I get a good gloss cote I might as well enjoy him as he is and pretend he's sort kinda ANH.

sxcbac.jpg

Matrix, would you mind explaining how you retooled a joint to fit the two halfs of the bodies together?

Use the ANH body from the abs down and the top chest of the DX. I shaved down the sides of the DX so the arms are closer to his body and it looks more natural. I really think that the body underneath is hugely important to the overall look. I retooled a joint to fit both together so you'll still have full swivel and abs crunch. You can shave a little off the end of the legs to get him close to the exact height. Then all the fun begins padding him up! I padded up the middle with soft foam so it all looks good when you suit him up. It really is a labour of love, as mad as it all sounds:cuckoo:

Back