1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to dissapoint, but this is just the Christmas Yoda with Jedi Master Yoda clothes on. Just did some futzing and added hair. The rest is lighting or color filters on the camera.

matrix, your Vader is superb and a total work of art but it honestly needs to be in its own thread in the customs section - it is not a modified SSC ESB/ROTJ Vader as the thread title suggests, it just uses a few parts from it. This thread is for "lowering the dome" and "height mods" or "new cape" type stuff.

People/newbs with the SSC Vader will come into this thread and see your pics and think they can make a few tweaks/mods to their figure to achieve what you have... and they're in for a cold slap across the face.:lol Your figure requires buying both SSC Vaders (as the parts are really not available) plus a very rare (and usually pretty expensive) original model kit - probably close to $500 all up - plus of course a massive amount of custom work, time and skill to achieve.

By all means drop in the occasional pic here to link to your custom page if you update or tweak. Again, it's gorgeous piece, but people get the wrong idea seeing dozens and dozens of pics of your figure in this thread (it is by far the most commonly pictured Vader in this thread over the past few months,) and they already have - I've seen a few people drop in, see your pics and say "See - the SSC Vader CAN be made to look awesome with some tweaks!" when they are actually not looking at a tweaked version of their figure at all.

I love that mask! How did you make it? Is it a full kaido? Any idea where to get it cheap?

Best,

Robert

Yes mask is full Kaiyodo. keep your eye on ebay and you might get a good deal,one went here in europe a few wks back for 40euros! If you go back a few pages you can see how i modded it with the SS fig:)

matrix, your Vader is superb and a total work of art but it honestly needs to be in its own thread in the customs section - it is not a modified SSC ESB/ROTJ Vader as the thread title suggests, it just uses a few parts from it. This thread is for "lowering the dome" and "height mods" or "new cape" type stuff.

People/newbs with the SSC Vader will come into this thread and see your pics and think they can make a few tweaks/mods to their figure to achieve what you have... and they're in for a cold slap across the face.:lol Your figure requires buying both SSC Vaders (as the parts are really not available) plus a very rare (and usually pretty expensive) original model kit - probably close to $500 all up - plus of course a massive amount of custom work, time and skill to achieve.

By all means drop in the occasional pic here to link to your custom page if you update or tweak. Again, it's gorgeous piece, but people get the wrong idea seeing dozens and dozens of pics of your figure in this thread (it is by far the most commonly pictured Vader in this thread over the past few months,) and they already have - I've seen a few people drop in, see your pics and say "See - the SSC Vader CAN be made to look awesome with some tweaks!" when they are actually not looking at a tweaked version of their figure at all.

I think you should chill a little:wink1:

Just wait until the HT Vader comes out and people start posting even more elaborate mods in here. ;)

Lopie can edit the thread title, which would be the easiest way to instantly make everything in the thread "on-topic."

Kit-bashing ESB/ROTJ Vader with SSC, Kaiyodo and Custom parts

I think there are probably more than enough pics of the unmodded figure online, to make it clear to anyone how much it differs from Matrix's Vader. And if they don't want to do the necessary research first before buying (or read beyond the last 100 pages or so), well then I think that's probably their own fault. :)

I did the same thing with the Kaiyodo mask like matrix did. by using the parts like chest armor shin armor and feet. photo.jpgluke and vader.jpg and here is another photo with my custom luke jedi the pic with my jedi luke photo sucks as that was my old I-phone 4 camera

Damn that kaiyodo mask looks so much better. That mod alone makes it awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a picture online that I hadn't seen before. I guess this can be used for the much debated height issue. Although David Prowse is slightly in front of Peter Mayhew.

541521_489444394448993_185285065_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not sure if this is a place to post this question. But anways. I bought extra shoulder pads and I would like to somehow mount the spare Anakin head to it. I think I've seen someone do it before where they made a neck peg and stand. I was thinking of getting an extra naked body and pulling the most of the lower section off (sounds quite perverted I know). Any one have suggestions?

Back