1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried using just a generic muscular body, and even after tons of padding it was still never filled out enough or broad shouldered enough for Vader (and looked like some little kid wearing the costume). It definitely takes one of the bigger and beefier bodies out there, like whatever Matrix and others here seem to be using.

We use the kp03a body for standard vaders , extend legs and abdomen, shave chest down as its too bulky and reprofiled arms . For the ones with electronics we use the ssc ANH body but shortened and the shoulders modified as they are too wide . We use this body because the torso can be hollowed right out.
S x

Scale size beside my custom luke View attachment 161711

hi.

I have a custom Jedi Luke that stands as high as 29 cm. After reading this loooong thread the last few days, I think the appropiate heigth of Vader should be around 34 cm.

Sideshow stands as high as 35 cm.

I was thinking, in order to display the 2 of them together, if I could pass with only "small" mods, such as arm thickening, dome lowering. The 1 cm difference will still be there... but I don't know, I think I can live with that.

I see this picture as an importante reference.

vlcsnap-2015-04-12-19h59m31s204.jpg

I must say a big THANK YOU for all the shared pics and info in this thread. You guys are awesome.

sorry I wanted to compare these two images. Size between them seems almost perfect.

image.jpg

Forgetting the fact that it changes throughout the movies....

thanx piper, but I think in that picture Luke is a couple of steps closer to the camera.

I like my reference better :)

sorry I wanted to compare these two images. Size between them seems almost perfect.

View attachment 178937

Forgetting the fact that it changes throughout the movies....

That's the screen pic that i also use for reference as it's the only film still that really shows their height and scale. I also have luke at 29cm and vader at 34cm which i think is pretty accurate. For anyone wanting to shorten the stock vader body, 2 or 3mm can be cut off from the lower legs and the boots will still fit pretty good. This pic shows hamill to be just over prowse shoulder
View attachment 178984

You can't use that picture because Hamill is standing on an apple box in that picture

As the box or whatever other contraption used in any other scene to alter character size isn't seen, the end result is what's important. Lightsabers didn't glow either, C-3PO wasn't actually a droid, etc.

Still, people want an accurate scale difference between the two characters, so it really doesn't work when using pictures where it is known alterations to the characters' height for whatever reason occurs, or aren't standing side by side. So... in that context, you cannot use that picture as valid height reference.

Find an image where Luke appears shorter compared to Vader and post it, that's what everyone should do for themselves if they're interested in mods anyway. But there are also a lot of great stills of Vader next to all sorts of characters, you don't have to use Luke.

The actors standing on a box is for getting the two characters into a tight frame and not chopping them off rather then aiming for any height relationship, though obviously that would be part of the thought process aswell

hello there!

I finally decided and got this guy. Well, I have not yet started to mod him, but will definitely go to improve the thin arms, and the lower helmet. I am not sure about the rest. He does not offend me with his height with Luke, or Yoda :lol

I have to say that I was pretty shocked when I put this guy into my shelf.... impressive shelf pressence. I think he makes a great trio with ROTJ Luke and Yoda.

No mods yet, not even futzing, just got him out of the box, and put him on the shelf, 5 minutes. Will try more stuff hopefully soon.

But looks awesome!

I almost forget: I had to spend another 5 min, slowly looking for one of the tusks.... bloody tusks, man, if you guys were not here, I would have missed it and lost it.

Cheers!

IMG_2330.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2336.JPG

Back