Alien: Romulus (2024) figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s bloody ridiculous that we still don’t have an updated 1/6 Big Chap figure or even an updated 1/6 Jungle Hunter 👎🏽

This seems like a consistent opinion in the hobby, which is probably why I see so many custom projects and headsculpts these days. Haven't seen anyone make custom heads for the marines yet
There's a dude called snyderman31 on ebay who sells hand made (not 3D printed) custom headsculpts for the marines. Check him out, he's really good i.m.o. and I bought one of his Hudsons a few years back...

Maybe NECA learned from the Alien: Covenant fiasco, where they sculpted the figures based on the practical effects, only to find out later that they had been changed in CGI, and they want to wait before releasing anything.
Also, I don't want the creature (however familiar we are with the basics by now) to be spoiled too soon.

Well as long as Hot Toys doesn't make one with bad joints, cheap rubber, reused feet from Aliens like they did for the AVPR Alien Warrior (looking to buy one by the way if anyone is selling, as long as it isn't broken and comes complete with its parts [can come w/out facehugger] then that works, just sayin.....), then it should be great. They just really need to get the accuracy right this time. like it doesn't have pedestrian looking feet and hands look grotesque/menacing, head they must get the head right.

Let's say in ideal world, Hot toys collaborate with Kyle or any artist in that calibre of understanding Alien and Predator anatomy.
They make an ultimate 1/6, unsurpassed in mass product Big Chap and Jungle Hunter.
How much are you guys willing to pay? 500?

Let's say in ideal world, Hot toys collaborate with Kyle or any artist in that calibre of understanding Alien and Predator anatomy.
They make an ultimate 1/6, unsurpassed in mass product Big Chap and Jungle Hunter.
How much are you guys willing to pay? 500?
I signed on for the Big Venom they're making so I'll say at most $400. That's because they need to be realistic about the franchise. It's pretty touch & go. They know it themselves since nothing from something like Covenant, Prometheus. Nothing from The Predator 2018. They did Prey & I've got others sounding off that they're not getting that Predator based on the design alone of how they hate that the production tried reinventing the wheel that was already solid. AVP ones are a change in design but still loved since they followed the base in which you can still see it. Prey, I mean to me it looks like a Sangheli Elite from Halo.

Like I can understand the the design of the Aliens shifting each time considering they're born in many different environments, gestating in more than one species. But the Yautja's appearance should be pretty consistent since they don't pop out of different creatures' chests......

This is all to say the figure making landscape for the franchise is very temperamental and uncertain since the franchise either is a large hit to ppl or a large miss due to creature design alone before story quality consideration. I'm hopeful for the movie and actually will see it. I see a possibly alien figure. I mean they should do one considering they've done one for Prey and already that looks like it's about to have the fate of sitting on the shelf. It almost would've behooves them to reissue the Wolf Predator 2.0 over Prey even if it's an increased price point.

I'll say it now, no way in hell we get a figure from this.

If we do, it will be one we didn't want.

Back