All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally had a night to myself so I decided to pop in my Hellboy II bluray and open up the PF from Spooktacular. This statue is BADASS!!! From the website pics, I had my doubts specifically the RHOD being out of scale but it really isn't noticeable in person. Bravo Sideshow on another homerun piece. :clap :rock

Now on to other things, I really think I want a HT Hellboy... :pow

I love the pose on the SSC PF but the inaccuracies drive me nuts.

Honestly, it's not that bad. If you want real inaccuracy then look at the 1:1 bust. After watching the movie again and looking at it, the likeness is really off...

Well the focal point is the right arm and the HoD is the wrong shape and scale and the right coat arm has only two buckles. That last bit is pretty hard to give them a pass on. I mean how did they screw that up? It's not like they didn't know. It had three buckles in the first film and they got that right on their 1/6 figure from the first film.

The boots are also wrong, but Hot Toys got that wrong as well and I'm probably the only person you'll meet that will notice. The boots should have a bit of stitching down the cap of the toe that sort of emulates a cloven look. Both the HT and SSC boots also have way more detail than they should which is kinda funny. The film boots are really simple. That doesn't bother me at all, just would have been cool if someone had gotten that bit.

hellboy-boots.png

I will say this though about Sideshow. I like both their PF's and the older 1/6 Hellboy's pants better than the HT. They emulate both the fit and the texture of the film pants much better. The HT pants are too baggy and way too slick/glossy. Look like high gloss PVC not leather.

Compare the pic above to my HT Hellboy in old SSC pants.

3601316054_416cd2ef17_b.jpg

Honestly the rubber body on HB kinda annoys me (really only when I try to repose it) and is kinda unnecessary as I would think 90% of people will display him with his coat pretty much all the time.

did anyone get an email saying that they made a mistake and the 35% code was actually for the Reg version and not the Ex?

I called them today and the guy told me about it:monkey2

did anyone get an email saying that they made a mistake and the 35% code was actually for the Reg version and not the Ex?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?! I called to delay shipment today, I'm out of town this weekend; no one mentioned that!!!! :banghead

Several people over at statueforum got the "sorry" email about
the HB2 PF Exc listing in the sale being a mistake.

The item hasn't changed in my account, and I didn't get any email .... am I safe!!!! :horror :confused: :google

The item hasn't changed in my account, and I didn't get any email .... am I safe!!!! :horror :confused: :google

Doubt it - from the wording of the email it sounds like the Exc was not
supposed to be in the sale at all. I've not gotten the email either yet
and the order still shows as processing in my account too but I bet
it will be axed soon.

Is getting the regular at 35% off a good enough deal? :dunno

Doubt it - from the wording of the email it sounds like the Exc was not
supposed to be in the sale at all. I've not gotten the email either yet
and the order still shows as processing in my account too but I bet
it will be axed soon.

Is getting the regular at 35% off a good enough deal? :dunno

It is a good deal sure, but the EX was IN STOCK during the sale; or at least the site showed it as being such.

:sick

That is not cool... I would think Sideshow would honor the orders, unless they don't have that many of the exc in stock?

If I'd have ordered I'd be canceling... even if it wasn't intentional; I'd feel like I just got hit with a bait and switch.

I just got an AOD bust yesterday... so awesome!

Congrats!!! I decided to remove this piece from my want list because of the issues so many people are having. I'm holding on to the hope that Gentle Giant releases the maquette. If you're looking for the Hellboy 1:1 to compliment it LMK :cool:

Back