ARAGORN HEADSCULPT NOW AVAILABLE (new pics pg. 8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't post much as I'm supposed to be working.:monkey3. Received my Aragorn. Will post more later but I think it looks awesome. Completely blows SST's away. I'll try to post some pics later if anyone wants them. I can't take pics for ____ though so it may not matter. Now to decide if I should get one of the fantastic painters on here to paint it or give it a go myself.

I think the head looks great...though having to mod it to get rid of the neck is proving to be a big pain in the behind, lol. I've done it before, so it's fine, but every time it wreaks havoc on my fingers.

Got the neck off mine today. Capn, I usually drill and dremel from the inside as much as possible (knowing the cavity needs to reach the level of the eyes to hold a HT adapter cup), so by the time I'm carving the outer edge it's just a thin wall I'm removing. I have to pull apart the spare Aragorn I have to see what body the wardrobe fits best -- my hope is for 1) HT TrueType or 2) Soldiers Story or 3)TTL. After I do a few punchouts in the hair tomorrow I'll photograph it on a body. The likeness just kills me. The scale is definitely HT, not Sideshow, which is par for the course with an Erick Sosa sculpt.

It's easier on the ht female heads. I love the ht female heads they have a perfect tube that's easy to get out with a knife and a little effort. I may or may not go your route. When you have to drill that far into the head, you can screw up. I almost destroyed a Uma Therman sculpt. I made 2 holes right under of each her eyes when dremelling and had to use magic sculpt to fill in the areas. They weren't small holes either. Luckily I fixed it and with some paint you can't tell the difference, but I was worried I'd wasted $50 plus on the 12 inch model kit. (It was a kill bill figure btw) The male neck adapters are even wider leaving even less room to screw up. Which is why I don't try it often.

Last edited:
Back