ARAGORN HEADSCULPT NOW AVAILABLE (new pics pg. 8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice capn!

I got the boots off my sideshow Aragorn before, brute force worked, though there's a good chance the feet stay in the boot and just the leg comes out, which makes things ten times harder. That's where hot water comes in!

here are pics of my finished aragorn. Mix of Sideshow and DID + custom cape and red planet toys head painted by me. Unfortunately the flashlight takes off some of the details

394582723.jpg

394582710.jpg

394582704.jpg

394582709.jpg

WOW. Great paint job! That's really great to see as i've had the head in hand for a while now and haven't seen one painted, so it's cool to know i'm onto a winner :D

here are pics of my finished aragorn. Mix of Sideshow and DID + custom cape and red planet toys head painted by me. Unfortunately the flashlight takes off some of the details

394582723.jpg

394582710.jpg

394582704.jpg

394582709.jpg

Whoa! This is the first complete Aragorn I've seen. It looks great! There's no question Erick Sosa did an awesome job with the headsculpt. Great job.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Thanks to everyboday

@ Tekkaman Blade: to get the boots off just boil some water and put the boots (with feet) a little in the hot water (watch out - do not burn yourself !) water so they get smooth and you can take them off

okieh 2 congrats on the only good Aragorn figure I've seen. a truely wonderful job.

If you could I'd love more info on what you did. What parts are DID and how did you do the custom cape?

So lovely!

@Raymond Ferraro: here is the breakdown

head: RPT (paint by me)
shirt,braces, boots, pants, jerkin, elven knive (invisible), necklace and leaf (on the cape): DID (all heavily weathered with pastels and acrylics by me)
coat, sword, bow+ arrows, bed-roll, parts from the belt, left hand: Sideshow (weathering wth pastels and acrylics)
custom belt with belt accessories (by me)
custom cape (by a friend)
body, right hand: DML
glove: 21st Centiry Toys (weathered with pastels)

Now that is Viggo! The best likeness I've seen for him in 1:6 scale! I gotta get one of these head sculpts for my Sideshow Aragorn! :)

I think that the vembraces from Boromir would work out great too! Since he took them from Boromir after he was killed in LOTR: FOTR.

I think that the vembraces from Boromir would work out great too! Since he took them from Boromir after he was killed in LOTR: FOTR.
Yep, it's just trying to track them down. An exclusive Boromir is perfect as you get the vambraces and the cloak to use on Aragorn. I was out bid on an exclusive boromir a few weeks back, it only went for cheap as well.

Finally got around to mine, after taking pictures I can already see some areas I need to go back and fix.

img0688x.jpg

img0690ym.jpg

img0696n.jpg

img0692mq.jpg

img0698e.jpg

And just for fun a comparison with the sideshow head

img0686x.jpg

Back