ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This shot the sculpt looks spot on. View attachment 491586

Yeah this sculpt does look much better than the clean one, it even looks like there might be a little more stubble.

As other posters have pointed out, this is the head they should have been marketing for the regular release since its the only one included in that release.

Even though some tweaks could be made this does look pretty good already. Its really the deluxe exclusive head that's just not there yet, though if these are supposed to be the same sculpt and the only difference being the battle damage then its odd they look so different.

Yeah this sculpt does look much better than the clean one, it even looks like there might be a little more stubble.

As other posters have pointed out, this is the head they should have been marketing for the regular release since its the only one included in that release.

Even though some tweaks could be made this does look pretty good already. Its really the deluxe exclusive head that's just not there yet, though if these are supposed to be the same sculpt and the only difference being the battle damage then its odd they look so different.
I agree with everyone on that. The promo images are important to sell the figure, I do hope the sculpt gets fixed slightly and it looks somewhat like this or better otherwise a custom sculpt would be the next option. But there shouldn't be a need for that so lets hope Asmus makes the sculpt better before release.

I'm sorry but that head doesn't look anything like aragorn. I know there's a lot of people in this community who will buy anything because they want it, but you have to call a spade a spade. That hair is really bad as well, looks like a Hasbro toy. Just root it.

So who in their right mind is ordering this from Sideshow listed for the same price. Plus TAX. PLUS SHIPPING?? Sideshow, you drunk.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I did, 'coz it's worth it to me - especially these days - to not fret over international shipping, have a payment plan, and get some RPs. and ASMUS has been great to deal with, just prefer to order within U.S. if I can. There's some payment flexibility with Sideshow. And possibly useful coupons down the road.

It seems like these sculptors are behind many of the great head sculpts lately. Pichet Pitsuwan and Nono Wang. Maybe Asmus should give them a shot? SHand gave us the great Gimli and has a great Aragorn on his FB page.

Last edited:
Anyone whose ordered through asmus and used a credit card, does it seem shady or is it just me ? I couldn't even do the captcha because I couldn't read what language it's in, also is it normal to send me an SMS code to confirm the sale ?

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk

I did, 'coz it's worth it to me - especially these days - to not fret over international shipping, have a payment plan, and get some RPs. and ASMUS has been great to deal with, just prefer to order within U.S. if I can. There's some payment flexibility with Sideshow. And possibly useful coupons down the road.
I guess if you want to use a flex option, but you are paying way more in the end.
Anyone whose ordered through asmus and used a credit card, does it seem shady or is it just me ? I couldn't even do the captcha because I couldn't read what language it's in, also is it normal to send me an SMS code to confirm the sale ?

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk
I couldn't even get an order to go through with my card. I tried two different cards and they both said "contact your bank or use a different card"

But then I got a pending $20 charge as well?

I contacted Asmus and they told me to use the PayPal option which is now back up.

I'm waiting for that $20 pending charge to disappear otherwise I guess I'll be contacting them again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I want the deluxe one forsure as I always love when dioramas come with figures. Just the sculpt is still not exactly where I want it to be. If it looks like the promo shot of the standard sculpt then I would be happy as the one with his eyes looking left looks much better. I want a Aragorn as I don?t have one but it?s a toss up. I know asmus said they will revisit the sculpt but don?t want the deluxe one to sell out while I wait to see the updated one.

Could be just the photos selected but the eyes should be a lighter shade, too. They appear too dark and may be throwing off the likeness.

As for the sculpt, I think it is the best Aragorn yet from Asmus but still not strong enough to have me immediately order the Deluxe. (in order to update my Aragorn slim with the second sculpt. So I'll wait for a sale or a lull in orders and pick up the regular version then.

I guess if you want to use a flex option, but you are paying way more in the end.

Yep. But after going around and around recently with the Twilight King - and that was with Sideshow and UPS - I had had enough. Also I have other stuff in the pipeline all jammed up that will need to get paid. So at the moment the flexibility is worth it. And RPs are useful.

Asmus this is the same sculpt that was used for finished product?
attachment.php
If so I wonder if maybe the paint may be throwing it off as this looks pretty damn good to me.

ETA I'm going to throw this in as well. Is this the same head sculpt as the one above and the one that was used in the prototype?
attachment.php

The bottom head sculpt to my eye looks great. If it's the same one as the others than I think the paint is killing the likeness

Last edited:
Asmus this is the same sculpt that was used for finished product?
attachment.php
If so I wonder if maybe the paint may be throwing it off as this looks pretty damn good to me.
I think that's the one. You can see the cheekbones need to be higher and sharper with less fullness in the cheeks though and that's what is throwing the likeness off. It's definitely almost there though which is why I personally hope they don't change it too much!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's a very solid sculpt and with a few tweaks it could be perfect.

It's a very solid sculpt and with a few tweaks it could be perfect.

Famous last words, I hope the revisit won’t result in an over correction based on the criticism.

I'm looking at them on a desk top and I agree. So if they are the same sculpt as the prototype then I don't know what my eyes aren't liking about the painted one.
Could very well just be a paint thing. Accentuating the right parts of the face, contouring the cheekbones etc. Makeup is a big thing for how we perceive an actor's likeness, so if the paint misses some of those same things it can decrease how similar it looks.

Back