Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would have thought the reckoning would have been about pricing, rather than the quantity of figures, ha! :lol :slap

The price of new Hot Toys figures have been continuously increasing, so it's no surprise. It's just a huge jump, 2 months ago, the price of a basic Hot Toys figure was around $220, now it's $260, and $400 for IM? Crazy. I'm just going to keep with what I have in my Avengers collection, can't afford this hobby anymore. At this point, all Disney, Marvel, Hot Toys and SS is going to get from me is paying for an overpriced movie ticket.

Yeah i cant be collecting Hot Toys anymore if im going to be dealing with $450 DC iron Man figures and $300 basic figures. Ill be priced out at that point

Yeah i cant be collecting Hot Toys anymore if im going to be dealing with $450 DC iron Man figures and $300 basic figures. Ill be priced out at that point

There's a point... $300 Rocket Racoon for Guardians of the Galaxy 3... :panic: :eek

The price of new Hot Toys figures have been continuously increasing, so it's no surprise. It's just a huge jump, 2 months ago, the price of a basic Hot Toys figure was around $220, now it's $260, and $400 for IM? Crazy. I'm just going to keep with what I have in my Avengers collection, can't afford this hobby anymore. At this point, all Disney, Marvel, Hot Toys and SS is going to get from me is paying for an overpriced movie ticket.

Yeah, that seems to be the point of contention — that big jump. Prices rise, we get more picky and buy less. Life of the hobby for most.

The large jump is pretty consistent with their previous major increases. It was about 50 bucks between the mk6 and 7. About 50 between the 7 and 42. About 50 between the 42 and 43. The difference between the 43 and 45 wasn’t as large but the 43 was at least as prominent in AoU so they had two suits from one film. Then a smaller jump between 45 and 46. But the 46/47 also has power pose which helped offset tooling costs a wee bit, and it shares some parts with the 45. So the cost was spread out over 3 and change figures. So the price jump really is pretty in line with the last 6ish years.

It’s not ideal and it’s a lot of money, no doubt.

Looking back at my order history, MSRP on the diecast figures I ordered from sideshow:

Mark 42 / Iron Patriot - $309.99 - May 2013
Hot Rod - $294.99 - Nov 2014
War Machine Mark II - $284.99 - May 2013
Mark 3 - $309.99 - July 2014
Mark 43 - $344.99 - Dec 2014

Then I feel like there was a leap in quality going to the next ones here that justify the price increase (I don't think this new figure's increase is as justified)

Mark 45 - $354.99 - May 2015
War Machine Mark 3 - $349.99 - Dec 2015
War Machine Mark 1 - $359.99 - Nov 2015
Mark 46 - $344.99 - Feb 2016
Mark 6 - $359.99 - July 2016
Mark V - $344.99 - Nov 2016
Mark IV - $345 - Jan 2018

Maybe there's a leap in quality for this new iron man, but based on initial impressions, I'm not seeing the justification for the $60 price increase over other similar figures.

Still waiting for Gamora... :gah:

Me too. She was one of my biggest wants for this line. Hope she still makes the cut. Not sure why she didn't go up for Guardians 2 but I figured she'd at least go up for this. If not, I'll be VERY disappointed.

Well infinity war suits ease my wallet. I don't like any of them. Maybe MK50 but I'm good with MK45. Captain without his shield? Thor without Mjolnir? No, thanks. It's not for me.

I also didn't like this new nano-suits. So I don't have to buy new suits of the same characters. It's an opportunity for me to keep my money for new characters (Captain Marvel etc...).

By the way I really wished that they produce BW with a sculpted hair this time. Because her hair is short. But I can see that HT insist to use rooted hair. So I'll pas it. I hope they don't use rooted hair on Captain Marvel but I don't have hope. If CM will have very short hair maybe they will sculpt her hair.

Doesn't look like it....the day is getting long in Hong Kong.....

I’m under the impression that the announcement of Iron Man, Thor, the life-size gauntlet, Thanos, teen Groot, and Rocket teases is all for now. So HT fulfilled their 3/3 announcement as far as I’m concerned.

:dunno

I’m under the impression that the announcement of Iron Man, Thor, the life-size gauntlet, Thanos, teen Groot, and Rocket teases is all for now. So HT fulfilled their 3/3 announcement as far as I’m concerned.

:dunno

I personally was hoping for proper pics of Thanos today. But I guess that comes some time next week.

Iron Man - check
Iron Spider Man - check
Thanos - check. If Thanos ends up getting a full body armor in the movie, i will get that version.
Thor - check

Another look at the cast.

43ozhdurjlj01.jpg

Back