1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

My last payment is May 15. I'm hoping for no later than July.

Ditto on the flex pay here...I am hoping it will be June and not July. Howard Chan did say May, right? So, it will be May in Hong Kong, most likely June for US...(Here's to hoping...)

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Have most people here who have ordered this Batmobile decided on a final resting place for it to be displayed on yet? I'm 2 days in on my 1/6 BatCave Style Diorama project and already i can tell that it wont be a short winded process :slap The 3D 1989 Batman logo which i've incorporated into the cave took me a day alone!! :thud: Should have it completed withing a month or two so hopefully ithe Batmobile wont get delayed for too long. Very hard to build a diorama without having the main attraction in hand but i was careful to take all the measurements from the website:wink1: Anyone else thought of any other possible display ideas? :dunno

Have most people here who have ordered this Batmobile decided on a final resting place for it to be displayed on yet? I'm 2 days in on my 1/6 BatCave Style Diorama project and already i can tell that it wont be a short winded process :slap The 3D 1989 Batman logo which i've incorporated into the cave took me a day alone!! :thud: Should have it completed withing a month or two so hopefully ithe Batmobile wont get delayed for too long. Very hard to build a diorama without having the main attraction in hand but i was careful to take all the measurements from the website:wink1: Anyone else thought of any other possible display ideas? :dunno

When will be able to see some pics of this diorama. Can't wait to see the progress you have made so far. :panic:

When will be able to see some pics of this diorama. Can't wait to see the progress you have made so far. :panic:

:lol Hey Jim, well its all in the early stages. I am literally building everything from styrofoam so my room is a rather large mess at the moment :lol rest assured i'll post some progress shots on my SYS thread aswell as here for you all to see :hi5: I've literally drawn all my plans down on how i want things to look, how and where to fit the lighting, etc...so now its a case of putting the plans into action! The 3D 89 Bats logo was an off the cuff idea that really turned out well in the end...

:lol Hey Jim, well its all in the early stages. I am literally building everything from styrofoam so my room is a rather large mess at the moment :lol rest assured i'll post some progress shots on my SYS thread aswell as here for you all to see :hi5: I've literally drawn all my plans down on how i want things to look, how and where to fit the lighting, etc...so now its a case of putting the plans into action! The 3D 89 Bats logo was an off the cuff idea that really turned out well in the end...

Sound like this is going to be a pretty epic piece and tons of details. Will be looking forward to it Andy. :hi5:

Sound like this is going to be a pretty epic piece and tons of details. Will be looking forward to it Andy. :hi5:

From past experiences i know that something that sounds epic doesnt always look epic :slap:lol but everything ive thought out is definately do-able so there should be no problems. Like i said, its really hard to build a diorama without having the main attraction inhand so you can never tell how well the diorama will suit its enviroment...time will tell i guess.

Are you getting the Batmobile Jim? :dunno

From past experiences i know that something that sounds epic doesnt always look epic :slap:lol but everything ive thought out is definately do-able so there should be no problems. Like i said, its really hard to build a diorama without having the main attraction inhand so you can never tell how well the diorama will suit its enviroment...time will tell i guess.

Are you getting the Batmobile Jim? :dunno

Yeah, I had my fair share of problems like that before. Specially on my first dio build. One of this days I will actually finish it. :lol I am sure the dimension shouldn't change drastically and I am sure it will turn out awesome on your diorama.

Yep, I will be getting this for sure. I had it preorder since day one. Don't know where to put it yet. It will most likely be opened to check it over and take some pics. Then it will be boxed back up until I can create some display space.

Hope they do a vault to go with this.

Yeah, I had my fair share of problems like that before. Specially on my first dio build. One of this days I will actually finish it. :lol I am sure the dimension shouldn't change drastically and I am sure it will turn out awesome on your diorama.

Yep, I will be getting this for sure. I had it preorder since day one. Don't know where to put it yet. It will most likely be opened to check it over and take some pics. Then it will be boxed back up until I can create some display space.

Thats awesome Jim! Its always interesting to see what others have on pre order. Look forward to your views on what you think of it! :yess: I think you wont be the last person opening up the Batmobile box to check it over and then placing it back in the box...its so big that one thing your gonna need is SPACE!!! :lol

Hope they do a vault to go with this.

No vault with my diorama im afraid...and it wont even be particularly movie accurate. I'm looking to create something that will enhance the display of my Batmobile rather than just putting it on a shelf on inside a case. All my dioramas i create are purely for aesthetic reasons rather than basing them on being 100% movie accurate...However, a vault would look cool :wink1:

Thats awesome Jim! Its always interesting to see what others have on pre order. Look forward to your views on what you think of it! :yess:

Thanks and I will sure do my best to post pics as soon as I get this in-hand. I am a bit behind on showing some of my other new stuff that I have received recently. Going to try and shoot for this weekend for those. :)

I think you wont be the last person opening up the Batmobile box to check it over and then placing it back in the box...its so big that one thing your gonna need is SPACE!!! :lol

Yeah, I am sure that is going to happen a lot too. :lol

Thanks and I will sure do my best to post pics as soon as I get this in-hand. I am a bit behind on showing some of my other new stuff that I have received recently. Going to try and shoot for this weekend for those. :)

Look forward to seeing updates on your thread Jim :clap Your IM busts display is still one of my favs!! :hi5:

Look forward to seeing updates on your thread Jim :clap Your IM busts display is still one of my favs!! :hi5:

Thanks again Andy the IM busts display is still my favorite too. :hi5: As for the new updates, I am going to try and shoot for Saturday.

Still not even a snippet of info regarding the Batmobile from the newsletter :impatient: this is getting a bit fustrating now....at least tell us if it will be delayed rather than wait till the official month of release and then spring the delay on us. Is there no new info on the Hot Toys website? :dunno

Just caved and POd this at BBTS. My wife may kill me. :panic:

I would love to see the Batmobile soon... :pray:
abs8P1Y.jpg

Last edited:
Back