1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

i just want an update, blog pics, something. this thing is supposedly coming out next month and it's been really quiet. except for those convention pics but those are old

At least it's only a car, how much can they really screw it up since it was revealed at SDCC 2003.

Imagine the folks who have a deposit on the 1/4 Batman. :lol

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

true. just have an empty spot waiting and don't want it empty anymore lol

Don't you guys think they would have delayed it by now? Same with catwoman, my final flex is in 30 days

Not necessarily. DX11 was delayed a bit before the final flex pay too...so Sideshow delayed the final flex pay date. I expect the same thing to happen if (when) this officially is reported as delayed.

They delayed catwoman already. Has there ever been a release that's had the final flex pay moved back twice?

We've established that the Batmobile will be a whopping 10 inches longer than the Tumbler but does anyone know if the HT's version is longer than the Cinemaquette Batmobile? :dunno

We've established that the Batmobile will be a whopping 10 inches longer than the Tumbler but does anyone know if the HT's version is longer than the Cinemaquette Batmobile? :dunno

The Cinemaquette is a smaller scale, 1/8th to be precise.

The Cinemaquette is a smaller scale, 1/8th to be precise.

Really?! :horror WOW, so the HT's version really will be a Mammoth!! I measured out 39 inches last night and realised the sheer size that its gonna be. Those who are buildin a display from a coffee table have certainly got the right idea! :lol

Really?! :horror WOW, so the HT's version really will be a Mammoth!! I measured out 39 inches last night and realised the sheer size that its gonna be. Those who are buildin a display from a coffee table have certainly got the right idea! :lol

It's probably big enough to take with you on several carnival rides.

i have a dresser with the right dimensions. leaves me just an inch or two all around

Has there been info released other than what sideshow has on their site? I'm wondering if the guns are actually in the car and pop up or if they are seperate pieces that you switch on and off. Any guesses if the canopy will be springloaded to open on it's own?

Meaning does it open or close on it's own? I assume not, but hey, for $600 you never know.

Oh we know lol. I got money on it that says the "shields" it comes with is made out of the same material as the cape tray that comes with the batpod.

Meaning does it open or close on it's own? I assume not, but hey, for $600 you never know.

But how would it "decide" when to open on it's own? It's just sitting there on display and at some random time the canopy pops up and slides open? And then a few minutes later, all on it's own, a mechanism randomly decides to slide it shut? Seems like a simple movement but it would require some pretty sophisticated engineering to fit into this small scale. Especially for the servo to know to stop pushing or pulling the canopy when it meets the resistance of the body panels or the end of the canopy track so it shuts itself down and doesn't burn out. Not to mention the headache for collectors to repair something so complicated when it inevitably breaks down.

If the user controls the canopy opening via a remote switch, at that point ,with all that engineering under the canopy track, they should've also popped an R/C engine in there and went all the way. Now, I know there are plenty of high end R/C's that cost this much (and more) but they're usually pretty rugged and designed for that...this highly detailed is piece not something that I'd want to risk taking for a spin. Combined with the working lights, I think a quality R/C engine, mechanized canopy and servo and remote would have pushed this pricetag significantly higher than the $630 range.

If you mean a simple press and release mechanism (like a clicky pen), that is kind of cool, but at that point the user is already handling it anyway, why not just slide it open/shut?

Sorry it's so long a response. I do think it's a cool idea, but in a wish-list kind of way though, and thinking it through, I don't see how it would be practical on a large production scale without a lot of additional QC risk and problems within the same price point.

Anyone know if a DEFINATE date has been announced??

A big ask where HT is concerned I admit.

If you are asking for a specific release date, down to the actual day, then no, there isn't a definite day. The closest "estimate" is May on the Sideshow order page, but judging from the lack of recent updates and HT's penchant for delays, the general consensus here is that it won't ship on time.

At this point I think most would be happy if it showed up in June.

Any time I think about this thing in my display room and get impatient, I just watch these.

[ame]https://youtu.be/hstX6MwAc6s[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/bs66n6vF0g4[/ame]

I wouldn't mind if we all received it in June or July if it gets delayed again. I'd be pretty disappointed if it's fall or winter though. That would suck.

If it goes past SDCC it will be ridiculous and highly embarrassing for HT, they should just hang it up if that happens.

Back