1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Maybe one of these days HT will do a convention limited Vicky Vale, just to put her in the car...highly unlikely, but no harm dreaming, right?

Yeah I was thinking about that too...for all the concerns about getting good poses of DX09 Batman seated in the Batmobile solo, it wouldn't actually replicate any on-screen scene in the movie. Batman (in that Batsuit) never once appears in the Batmobile by himself.

The coke commercial doesn't count.:pfft:

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Good point. Saving a few bucks is never bad. Until I start seeing everyone's awesome in hand pics next week!

just more to whet your appetite- and you know anticipation is one of life's great things:impatient:

Good point. Saving a few bucks is never bad. Until I start seeing everyone's awesome in hand pics next week!

That's what I have to go through for my Selina Kyle. In an effort to save some gold pressed latinium, I ditched my WL for my EX and ordered through BBTS...I will just have to wait for, oh, maybe an extra month or so...

just more to whet your appetite- and you know anticipation is one of life's great things:impatient:

So you think 3-4 weeks after SS? They still seem to think they'll have it before end of month. Is that :cuckoo:?

So much for the 'no changes' email I got from their CS last week. :slap :gah:

Hello!

Thank you for preordering the Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Scale 1989 Batmobile by Hot Toys. We hope that you are as excited for this highly anticipated release as we are! At this time we anticipate a portion of our order to be arriving by mid to late July and the remainder will then be arriving at later date. The purpose of this message is to inform everyone that we have experienced a shipping conflict due to the enormous sized product box! We have recently received updated information regarding the size and weight to ship this item, which has been updated on our website listing accordingly.

Often times our shipping rates are determined by weight; however, this particular piece has been increased due to its dimensional weight. Please note that the average shipping fee that BBTS is paying for domestic orders will be approximately $120.00 via UPS Ground. While preorder shipping rates provided are estimates only, we have made the necessary adjustments so that our customers will only have to pay $84.79 for UPS Ground shipping. Given the large shipping increase, BBTS will subsidize it and cover the difference beyond the UPS Ground rate provided.

We also understand collectability and that with nearly every other product we offer, an external shipping box with packaging material is typically used when shipping your order. Unfortunately due to the massive size of the Batmobile product box, we have explored all options and we were unable to source a packaging option that does not exceed the maximum dimensions allowed by our shipping partners. Therefore they will all be sent in the original Hot Toys brown cardboard shipper box. This shipper box is designed for transit purposes and should offer sufficient protection to the actual product box and items inside.

We wanted to let everyone know about this potential dilemma and we certainly hope that you have an understanding and will still enjoy this product. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and while we certainly want you to keep your preorder, you may also cancel it via your BBTS account if necessary. Lastly, given the overall size of this item, we kindly ask that you consider shipping this piece as soon as possible. If you are using our Pile of Loot feature it would be very much appreciated if you would consider shipping your Loot after these have arrived. It should be an amazing piece and great addition to your collection!

As always please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and our Customer Service department will be happy to assist you.

Tried chatting with Sideshow about my order a few minutes ago, nothing. Tried calling Sideshow, nothing.

Tried chatting with Sideshow about my order a few minutes ago, nothing. Tried calling Sideshow, nothing.

They posted on facebook that their offices will be closed from 1 to 4pm today.. Not sure why

Would be nice if they offered local pick up at comic con. :)

Were you one of the first batch of BBTS Pre-orders? ($579 + $44 shipping)?

What's the problem with it?

Please note that the average shipping fee that BBTS is paying for domestic orders will be approximately $120.00 via UPS Ground. While preorder shipping rates provided are estimates only, we have made the necessary adjustments so that our customers will only have to pay $84.79 for UPS Ground shipping. Given the large shipping increase, BBTS will subsidize it and cover the difference beyond the UPS Ground rate provided.

Saw that coming, especially since BBTS lists shipping costs as estimates that can change on their site, and that SSC told me this when I inquired about their quoted $96 for the Batmobile a couple weeks ago:

"Yes, the shipping quote is actually a discounted amount of what we will actually be charged. The shipping box will be massive."

Cool of BBTS to eat a portion of the costs after learning the true costs. Looks like all the sellers are eating a few bucks. As high as shipping is, sure looks like it could have been worse.

They posted on facebook that their offices will be closed from 1 to 4pm today.. Not sure why

It's not 4pm there yet though.

EDIT, never mind. I jumped the gun and missed "1 to 4".

They're probably trying to take as much time off as they can so they aren't hounded about the Batmobile's shipping costs. :lol

What's the problem with it?

Was x1, might want x2.

Also wanted to see if they'd just charge me instead of waiting. MY BODY IS READY.

I called their customer svc and got nothing as well and tried my luck with the operator instead. The operator actually looked up my order, called me by my name and told me the timeline I mentioned before. So you may have better luck with the operator instead. At least that was this morning...They may be all hands on deck at the loading dock right now wheeling the boxes of Batmobiles into their warehouse...

Does SS do this every year before SDCC? If the Batmobile actually arrived at the warehouse today, maybe they need all hands on deck to unload them. :dunno

Well so much for BBTS honoring the original preorder shipping price!I guess this must be really HUGE!I had this on preorder since last year and just got this about 20min ago.Still getting this so i can't wait!!ANyway,SORRY if this was already posted but figured some might be interested.^_^
Hello!
Thank you for preordering the Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Scale 1989 Batmobile by Hot Toys. We hope that you are as excited for this highly anticipated release as we are! At this time we anticipate a portion of our order to be arriving by mid to late July and the remainder will then be arriving at later date. The purpose of this message is to inform everyone that we have experienced a shipping conflict due to the enormous sized product box! We have recently received updated information regarding the size and weight to ship this item, which has been updated on our website listing accordingly.
Often times our shipping rates are determined by weight; however, this particular piece has been increased due to its dimensional weight. Please note that the average shipping fee that BBTS is paying for domestic orders will be approximately $120.00 via UPS Ground. While preorder shipping rates provided are estimates only, we have made the necessary adjustments so that our customers will only have to pay $84.79 for UPS Ground shipping. Given the large shipping increase, BBTS will subsidize it and cover the difference beyond the UPS Ground rate provided.
We also understand collectability and that with nearly every other product we offer, an external shipping box with packaging material is typically used when shipping your order. Unfortunately due to the massive size of the Batmobile product box, we have explored all options and we were unable to source a packaging option that does not exceed the maximum dimensions allowed by our shipping partners. Therefore they will all be sent in the original Hot Toys brown cardboard shipper box. This shipper box is designed for transit purposes and should offer sufficient protection to the actual product box and items inside.
We wanted to let everyone know about this potential dilemma and we certainly hope that you have an understanding and will still enjoy this product. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and while we certainly want you to keep your preorder, you may also cancel it via your BBTS account if necessary. Lastly, given the overall size of this item, we kindly ask that you consider shipping this piece as soon as possible. If you are using our Pile of Loot feature it would be very much appreciated if you would consider shipping your Loot after these have arrived. It should be an amazing piece and great addition to your collection!
As always please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and our Customer Service department will be happy to assist you.

Hello!

$84.79 is still a really good price for shipping something this big. I am paying $150 because there is no UPS ground to Alaska.

Bbts just email me, will get this bad *** middle of july

I think the ups charge a lot more then USPS, I remember I shipped the ironman 1/2 for $100 only, this batmobile can't be bigger or heavier then that.

Last edited:
Back