1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Got my turning platform built for the batmobile tonight. I was stress testing with 40 lbs on a wooden dow rod, need to go get a steel rod for strength tomorrow and can mount it to my batcave display dio. I'm confident this will turn over 50 lbs smoothly and easily with steel. Can finally start the walls this weekend now that the platform is set.
Bring on big beauty.

B8B80CE7-1C86-422C-9F54-3054C00528DB-9651-00000585208C6F7D_zpsd14185b7.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I love the part of the video when he first takes the shield off if you listen carefully you could almost hear his jaw hit the floor :lol

Got my turning platform built for the batmobile tonight. I was stress testing with 40 lbs on a wooden dow rod, need to go get a steel rod for strength tomorrow and can mount it to my batcave display dio. I'm confident this will turn over 50 lbs smoothly and easily with steel. Can finally start the walls this weekend now that the platform is set.
Bring on big beauty.

B8B80CE7-1C86-422C-9F54-3054C00528DB-9651-00000585208C6F7D_zpsd14185b7.jpg

That's awesome. I actually want to make two of these; one for the 89 Batmobile (coming Thursday) and one for the Avengers Assembled (think the 360 camera pan). Planning on putting together a how-to? I don't have the foggiest idea where to start.

Once I get my display space all together, I'll post the how to in there. I am building two turn tables as well. This one was intended for my avengers, but it was able to hold the weight of the batmobile in a smaller box footprint and a smaller motor. So I need to build another to this size for the avengers now.

I'm trying to post a video from photobucket of it spinning, but the damn website is acting up. It can spin the weight now, but the steel will make I'd smooth.

Direct link:
https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r536/hokietwo/97B267F2-DB09-4C72-ABFC-5EB81BFE4F1C-9651-00000579C5FF7B06_zpse3d9f577.mp4

Last edited:

Once I get my display space all together, I'll post the how to in there.

Cool, thanks. I did some preliminary research on motorized turntables and basically came up empty with anything that seemed suitable.

The part of the second vid where he looks inside the 'cockpit' actually made me forget for a second that I was looking at a toy and not the real batmobile itself.

The part of the second vid where he looks inside the 'cockpit' actually made me forget for a second that I was looking at a toy and not the real batmobile itself.
I don't know what kind of crazy camera he's using that he could get the whole damn thing in there; it's like he was going in for a colonoscopy!

I don't know what kind of crazy camera he's using that he could get the whole damn thing in there; it's like he was going in for a colonoscopy!

I thought the exact same thing. :lol What the hell was he using?

sel2474x-3-tube-camera.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

I guess that's what gave the effect of making it seem 1:1 that he seemed to be able to fit the whole camera in and it not lose focus.

wow the shield sounds heavy and as for what he was using seems like a cellphone cam

Last edited:

Wow, the level of detail of the gauges and switches in the cockpit from the video is insane! I chuckled when I saw the yellow scooter in the background. The BM looks almost as big as it! Congrats to the guys that have this on order.

It's just so god damn beautiful :monkey2

attention to detail is simply breathtaking! Hot Toys did a fantastic job with this 89 Batmobile and it only leaves me even more excited as to how cool the 1966 Batmobile is going to look!!! :rock

masavy8u.jpg

This model seems amazing!

I've just recently purchased Hot Toys' 1/6 scale models of both the original (black) and camouflage Tumblers, so I'm honestly not sure I have the space for something else as large (larger, even), but, it is very, very tempting.

I can't fully comprehend how that's possible. Not that I don't believe you but I just don't understand how SSC handles these things. Weird to see someone who ordered it 2 weeks ago having his order shipped before others who have had this on PO for over a year.

I thought they go down the the list on a first come first serve basis?
Buuuuuulllllllllllshiiiiiit!
I think Rory just got lucky with perfect timing .....Money talks.

Pay in full, go to the head of the line! :lecture

Guys, there is no rhyme nor reason to the way SS handles orders, I paid the same as the rest of you (well the elevated cost) I learnt a long time ago with SS that they are full of BS,
the only reason to pre-order early is if you think the damn thing will actually sell out.
:dunno

Last edited:

This model seems amazing!

I've just recently purchased Hot Toys' 1/6 scale models of both the original (black) and camouflage Tumblers, so I'm honestly not sure I have the space for something else as large (larger, even), but, it is very, very tempting.
:welcome1:

It s going to be incredible and a lot of fun having 1/6 Batmobiles littered about the house!!

I want to see somebody set up a drag race or"Chicken Run" scenario with these things. Two epic Batmobiles facing off against each other,Black Widow standing in the middle with the handkerchief raised and all other figures gathered round watching and cheering.

Will be interesting to see the finish on the 66 mobile. The first vehicle they're doing with a metallic bodywork.

:welcome1:

It s going to be incredible and a lot of fun having 1/6 Batmobiles littered about the house!!

I want to see somebody set up a drag race or"Chicken Run" scenario with these things. Two epic Batmobiles facing off against each other,Black Widow standing in the middle with the handkerchief raised and all other figures gathered round watching and cheering.

I had that same exact scenario in mind only with Catwoman instead of Black Widow.

How about we compromise, keep Widow, but have DX12 running on the background towards the Tumbler since Selina's taken the wheel? :lol

That's a deal!!

Last edited:
Back