1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I'm just going to fill out the SS signature waiver form so I don't have to worry about. Doubt anyone in my neighborhood will steal it...I've had Sideshow ship lots of items waiving the signature.

Psst...PM me your address. I'll drop by and...uh...watch it for you for safekeeping...yeah, yeah, that's it. :monkey3

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I don't see these trading hands much after they're shipped from retailers. Just the hassle of having to rent a van to drive the box to the UPS store is going to deter a lot of people from even bothering putting these up for sale.

And if Sideshow and other retailers that have deals with UPS charge $100+ what will UPS charge the average joe? $200+? People could feasibly sell these at a loss. I don't know. If people aren't buying now with the hassle, stress, and cost when they at least have a nice guarantee I just wonder if people will pull the trigger for more money and less assurance down the road.

We'll see.

I guess HT realized sooner that a 1/6 Bat would be twice as much of a problem, thanks to the 1989 Batmobile.

I don't see these trading hands much after they're shipped from retailers. Just the hassle of having to rent a van to drive the box to the UPS store is going to deter a lot of people from even bothering putting these up for sale.

And if Sideshow and other retailers that have deals with UPS charge $100+ what will UPS charge the average joe? $200+? People could feasibly sell these at a loss. I don't know. If people aren't buying now with the hassle, stress, and cost when they at least have a nice guarantee I just wonder if people will pull the trigger for more money and less assurance down the road.

We'll see.

It could be $200 for us folks selling. Abomination PF was $115 for me 2 years ago when I sold it.

If the price is pushed up high enough, they could offer free shipping. Total cost is what matters.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Pretty much 100% sure at I will never try to sell this beast unless someone was willing to do local pick up. The shipping would make it more trouble than it's worth.

so are you guys all keeping your boxes since you've pretty much stated it's gonna be too much of a pain to ship if you sell later on?

Of course. When/if you ever move house, the original packaging is going to be the most protective way to transport it.

Also, as others have noted, the original box will make a decent display platform until you come up a with a permanent solution.

I don't know what kind of crazy camera he's using that he could get the whole damn thing in there; it's like he was going in for a colonoscopy!

:lol :rotfl:lol :rotfl.......anywho, from the vids, this thing is a beast! so epic. can't wait for mine to come!

Last edited:

I'm just going to fill out the SS signature waiver form so I don't have to worry about. Doubt anyone in my neighborhood will steal it...I've had Sideshow ship lots of items waiving the signature.
Wait, where is this? I NEED to do this

Josh from Alterego contacted me regarding the shipping cost they're charging. Here's what he said:

That sounds correct. If the shipping is significantly higher than anticipated (Hot Toys still hasn't provided final packaged dimensions for the product) we'll contact customers before raising it, but generally yes, the shipping price quoted on the order is the price we charge. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Yes, if we contact you because the shipping is greater than expected, you have the option of canceling without penalty. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I placed an order through them. It's $650 + $12 in rewards points so roughly $638. Even cheaper than the $580 + 84 BBTS is charging. Doesn't hurt to have the order and cancel if they end up charging more.

OMG! I just picked this behemoth from the UPS station and it is HUGE and heavy without any handles! I had to fold down the backseats to put it in the trunk! I had to use a cart to wheel it from the pick up station to my SUV. Ouch! I told the UPS guy I am expecting a big box and he said I wasn't kidding. There are a few dings and scratches on the brown box (including one spot they had to tape it up) but the inner black box appears okay. Will have to clean out my garage to have enough space to open this monster up...

To quote the Carrey Riddler: "Joygasm!"

Last edited:

OMG! I just picked this behemoth from the UPS station and it is HUGE and heavy without any handles! I had to fold down the backseats to put it in the trunk! I had to use a cart to wheel it from the pick up station to my SUV. Ouch! I told the UPS guy I am expecting a big box and he said I wasn't kidding. There are a few dings and scratches on the brown box (including one spot they had tape it up) but the inner black box appears okay. Will have to clean out my garage to have enough space to open this monster up...

To quote the Carrey Riddler: "Joygasm!"

congrats bro! Looking forward to your pics and thoughts on this piece!:hi5:

i just can't get enough of pictures and video's beeing posted, keep it comming! :)

Josh from Alterego contacted me regarding the shipping cost they're charging. Here's what he said:

That sounds correct. If the shipping is significantly higher than anticipated (Hot Toys still hasn't provided final packaged dimensions for the product) we'll contact customers before raising it, but generally yes, the shipping price quoted on the order is the price we charge. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Yes, if we contact you because the shipping is greater than expected, you have the option of canceling without penalty. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I placed an order through them. It's $650 + $12 in rewards points so roughly $638. Even cheaper than the $580 + 84 BBTS is charging. Doesn't hurt to have the order and cancel if they end up charging more.

It would be great if its true but I'm just skeptical their shipping will stay $49. I mean how do they not have the dimensions and weight at this point? Seems like every other reseller does.

It would be great if its true but I'm just skeptical their shipping will stay $49. I mean how do they not have the dimensions and weight at this point? Seems like every other reseller does.
Whos know but like I said, it doesn't hurt to place an order when there is no down side to do it. If it goes through, you get the best price, if it doesn't I still have BBTS.

Just had a short dream night about stopping at BBTS's warehouse to pick up the Batmobile. Ridiculous.

I thought I was the winner in the shipping cost contest but it looks like we are tied for 1st place.:hi5:

Yeah, a lot of people still think of Hawaii and Alaska as territories. I guess UPS does too...

congrats bro! Looking forward to your pics and thoughts on this piece!:hi5:

My very first thought is this has to be THE biggest piece HT ever or will ever produce. Anything bigger than this will kill people in transit. I have no desire to buy a 1/6 The Bat or Batwing. I still have to find time and space to open up the black box to enjoy this big bat beauty.

I have waited for this for 1.5 yrs, what's another day or two...

2 more days 2 go cant wait.:impatient::dance

My very first thought is this has to be THE biggest piece HT ever or will ever produce. Anything bigger than this will kill people in transit. I have no desire to buy a 1/6 The Bat or Batwing. I still have to find time and space to open up the black box to enjoy this big beauty.

I have waited for this for 1.5 yrs, what's another day or two...

Are you out of your freaking mind?

Back