1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:welcome1:

It s going to be incredible and a lot of fun having 1/6 Batmobiles littered about the house!!

I want to see somebody set up a drag race or"Chicken Run" scenario with these things. Two epic Batmobiles facing off against each other,Black Widow standing in the middle with the handkerchief raised and all other figures gathered round watching and cheering.

Thank you for the welcome!

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

It's happening, all paid for and arriving Friday! :yess: I hope the UPS man comes at his regular evening time or else I'll miss him. Regardless, very excited to be getting it before the weekend.

Happy collecting my dear collectors :dance

Sincerely,

Max Power

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Oh well, guess it's official, I'm displaying it on my bed, I'm sleeping on the floor from now on.

from those vids it looks like there is no layer of film over the armoured shield...:dunno

Denny Cheung's uploaded a couple more videos:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4-jw3VPEI&list=UUnuUrHFlkLO3TFYQs9glAkA[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a07NUsZZW-0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnuUrHFlkLO3TFYQs9glAkA[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wy-euf86wg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnuUrHFlkLO3TFYQs9glAkA[/ame]

The front lights are much more yellow/orange in the video than in the still images, which were a washed out white. Me likey.

The front lights are much more yellow/orange in the video than in the still images, which were a washed out white. Me likey.

Yes, I was very happy to see that as well. :cool:

From AP collectibles (btw im in illinois next to indiana):

We are just now getting feedback from Sideshow regarding shipping rates for this piece.

It looks like we are going to have to increase our shipping rate on this particular piece to a flat rate of $90.00 due to the dimensional weight of this item.

This does not cover the total shipping cost however we are covering the other portion of the cost on our end due to the significant increase.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

This is such an amazing piece. I'm so tempted to get on SSC and order one for myself!!!

It would look great with my 89 bats and joker and hopefully with the Batman returns figs that are supposed to come out at some point.

It's just so pricey!

This is such an amazing piece. I'm so tempted to get on SSC and order one for myself!!!

It would look great with my 89 bats and joker and hopefully with the Batman returns figs that are supposed to come out at some point.

It's just so pricey!
Better to buy it now than buy it at the inflated price down the road.

It's happening, all paid for and arriving Friday! :yess: I hope the UPS man comes at his regular evening time or else I'll miss him.

how many UPS and Fed Ex drivers are going to carry this to door and then have a fit when they realize no one is home and they have to bring it back the truck. you know they are gonna be *****ing at these boxes.

how many UPS and Fed Ex drivers are going to carry this to door and then have a fit when they realize no one is home and they have to bring it back the truck. you know they are gonna be *****ing at these boxes.

I'm just going to fill out the SS signature waiver form so I don't have to worry about. Doubt anyone in my neighborhood will steal it...I've had Sideshow ship lots of items waiving the signature.

I'm just going to fill out the SS signature waiver form so I don't have to worry about. Doubt anyone in my neighborhood will steal it...I've had Sideshow ship lots of items waiving the signature.

good to know................:monkey3

Better to buy it now than buy it at the inflated price down the road.

:lecture Another thing to take note of is the shipping. Once this dries up we don't know how much shipping fees individual sellers be it from Ebay or at forums/1:6 communities would add on top of the marked-up prices. From some shipping calculations I've seen posted on here recently SSC, BBTS and other online stores seem to charge lower than what should be, perhaps they could as part of partnership deals with their couriers of choice?

IDK....they might go down in price from all the divorces these things will cause.

:rotfl

I don't see these trading hands much after they're shipped from retailers. Just the hassle of having to rent a van to drive the box to the UPS store is going to deter a lot of people from even bothering putting these up for sale.

And if Sideshow and other retailers that have deals with UPS charge $100+ what will UPS charge the average joe? $200+? People could feasibly sell these at a loss. I don't know. If people aren't buying now with the hassle, stress, and cost when they at least have a nice guarantee I just wonder if people will pull the trigger for more money and less assurance down the road.

We'll see.

Back