1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I've worked around real tanks and armored vehicles for several years (US Army 2002-2006). RPG's are a real threat to real life tanks, and can easily disable a tank in active combat if a tank does not have supporting personnel to protect it. Insurgents disable tanks by firing RPG's at the weakest components of a tank: the tracks, the thinner armor on the sides, and the rear and top of a tank where the armor is thinnest. No one attacks a tank from the front, where the armor is thickest, that would be suicide. lol

You'll notice in TDK, the tumbler wasn't destroyed after the RPG detonation, it was disabled because the rear wheels and turbine were damaged. Same result in actual tanks if they were disabled by RPGs. Tanks in real life aren't invulnerable like in most movies. ;)

A. Hulk can attack Tanks from the front with great results.:lecture

B. Remind me never to play BF3 against you. :lol

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

it's a long wait. may 2013

cant wait for the back to future delorean side by side with the 89 batmobile that will be a AAAAAAAMAZING set up...Hurry up and hit gas pedal to the floor to 88 mph and deliver my stuff !!!

With all these wonderful vehicles coming we re going to need Black Widow standing between them with two raised red handkerchiefs to start the drag race!

cant wait for the back to future delorean side by side with the 89 batmobile that will be a AAAAAAAMAZING set up...Hurry up and hit gas pedal to the floor to 88 mph and deliver my stuff !!!
:exactly::hi5::goodpost:

QNy13.jpg

I'm gonna set mine up on a light box like in these pics ^.

Where can you get these lightboxes, anyway? Can they be custom fit/cut?

I don't think you can find light boxes prepackaged as these are almost always custom dimensions. The easiest way to do it is find a CCFL light fixture that meets your size requirement and then build a box around it and a cut an acrylic sheet to cover the front. Only problem is light fixtures I came across in HD etc are all very deep so won't work as shelves and kill lots of space I the cabinet so I went with making my own using PC CCFL tubes. Lighting is not as even and possibly more $$

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I don't think you can find light boxes prepackaged as these are almost always custom dimensions. The easiest way to do it is find a CCFL light fixture that meets your size requirement and then build a box around it and a cut an acrylic sheet to cover the front. Only problem is light fixtures I came across in HD etc are all very deep so won't work as shelves and kill lots of space I the cabinet so I went with making my own using PC CCFL tubes. Lighting is not as even and possibly more $$

Have you ever came across Youtube vids on how to light up such a display? Even those LED strips would be fine but darn it I can't seem to find any guide on how to make them.

Check out this youtube vid. Something like this would work great IMO.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmwbOgh-pU&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

I bought the 5050 RGB LEDs and they are bright enough to illuminate a case I think but I tested it in my lightbox and it simply wasn't enough light going through the semi transparent white acrylic so I went back to CCFL which the ones I had were about double the brightness and barely enough for the lightbox application. Mind you the 5050 white might be brighter than my RGBs though
BTW OT but this is my setup for now
photooct30192911.jpg

ultimately you do need a certain depth to achieve even light distribution. Unless you can find a backlight setup from an LCD TV (I tried but the parts are impossible to find here in NA e.g. most importantly need a diffusing acrylic panel) that be perfect but the only ones I found are actual backlit lightboxes and they cost a bundle

Last edited:

might go with the LED option. wouldn't want to ruin the tires with heat issues. the tumbler tire issue has me thinking what these tires will be like

Back