1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

well that helps. any idea how much it would cost for the lights themselves to light this baby up?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

well I went with very low profile 20" lights that are sold to be installed inside PC chassis. They were being cleared out for $20 a pop. don't have build in power supply, 12VDC instead but I had spare power supply driving 12 of these 4 per shelf. 2 per shelf was just not bright enough.
if you like you can search for the ones I used and use as reference Logisys CXF20WT. These are harder to find now as anyone who still installs lights inside their computers uses LEDs now.... I managed to grab some extra on ebay for same price shipped but they tend to go for $40 now
QNy13.jpg
Looks like the one they did here has 4x 2ft CCFL lights inside. using something like this
though the 3ft version mounted along the length would look better and possibly cheaper
But you can see the base needs to be pretty deep
If you can go bigger in size you can get pretty generic stuff and do it cheaper. Keep in mind probably have to buy lower wattage bulbs though.

I bought the 5050 RGB LEDs and they are bright enough to illuminate a case I think but I tested it in my lightbox and it simply wasn't enough light going through the semi transparent white acrylic so I went back to CCFL which the ones I had were about double the brightness and barely enough for the lightbox application. Mind you the 5050 white might be brighter than my RGBs though
BTW OT but this is my setup for now
photooct30192911.jpg

ultimately you do need a certain depth to achieve even light distribution. Unless you can find a backlight setup from an LCD TV (I tried but the parts are impossible to find here in NA e.g. most importantly need a diffusing acrylic panel) that be perfect but the only ones I found are actual backlit lightboxes and they cost a bundle

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Hi geil have you thought of modding the detolf?

It's so OT you guys are going get me in trouble :p
I was thinking of what to do with the two I have but ATM I am likely to banish them as I want a really large case instead so I can display all my TDK stuff w all the vehicles instead. I may keep one detolf in the room to display my lightsabers but dunno yet but not likely to mod them

BTW to give you an idea on how it looks w the Tumbler lightbox, top and bottom
photonov08141819.jpg

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Last edited:

That is beautiful.. nice stuff!

Thumbs up Geil, that display looks great.

:clap Can't wait, I have no idea were I am going to put this

Really impressed by the sheer size of this Batmoble. I pre-ordered this when it got first released and thought i was taking a risk but from this pic i am more than convinced that i made the right choice! Funny thing is, i'm more excited about the shield part of the car which we havent seen yet! :yess:

Really impressed by the sheer size of this Batmoble. I pre-ordered this when it got first released and thought i was taking a risk but from this pic i am more than convinced that i made the right choice! Funny thing is, i'm more excited about the shield part of the car which we havent seen yet! :yess:

I'm hoping to use the shields as a dust cover. That way I can avoid having to build another damned case! Plus a case for this one will be even more space consuming than the Tumbler one.

i too will use the shield as a dust cover/unveiling piece

That's why he stated "unveiling piece".

I'm not a hardcore collector, just a casual collector.. and I don't get the OCD with dust... the dust cause damage to figures? or something I don't know?

I'm not a hardcore collector, just a casual collector.. and I don't get the OCD with dust... the dust cause damage to figures? or something I don't know?

Unless it's Indiana Jones, movie characters tend not to walk around covered in dust. Kills the realism somewhat.

Unless it's Indiana Jones, movie characters tend not to walk around covered in dust. Kills the realism somewhat.

Oh yeah, you're right, I just take the dust off, from time to time :monkey1

Oh yeah, you're right, I just take the dust off, from time to time :monkey1

I know lots of collectors use compressed air. It minimises the need to disturb the figures. I've always just tried to keep the figures in cases.

Dust carries the oils contained in dead skin, and can negatively affects paint and latex over time. So I'm told.

In a about 6 more month's we will have this Amazing batmobile and some may have 2 w/ tumbler and a batpod...My question is how are some going to display these ? I found maybe a display case counter but that's a lot of room and would be able to set them all the figure's and vehicle's up together...Just not sure how i want to attack this display? I know a lot of collectors use the ikea detolf cabinet's ,but no ways batmobile's fitting in there...Other option coffee table idea or a custom case ? Just unsure on what to do ? any pics of your batty set up's would appreciate thank's....

In a about 6 more month's we will have this Amazing batmobile and some may have 2 w/ tumbler and a batpod...My question is how are some going to display these ? I found maybe a display case counter but that's a lot of room and would be able to set them all the figure's and vehicle's up together...Just not sure how i want to attack this display? I know a lot of collectors use the ikea detolf cabinet's ,but no ways batmobile's fitting in there...Other option coffee table idea or a custom case ? Just unsure on what to do ? any pics of your batty set up's would appreciate thank's....

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91065

:wink1:

Back