1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I'm realy glad this one is coming with the armor top seperate piece. I called my local glass store and qouted me like 675 for aycrlic case. I also checked online about a 6 foot counter display case and for like 200 isnt bad from a store called displays to go of ebay but want like 250 - 275 to ship so think may just go with the ikea coffee table idea. The glass coffe table is only like a 100 and just enclose it with ayric later on. Just thought I'd share my info on display options...Again thankful this one come's with a armored car cover to keep from the dust.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I just hope that armor is solid plastic and not that flimsy **** that Hot Toys uses for inner packaging or the latest cape attachment for the Batpod.

It better be stronger than a damn plastic chocolate tray and not like the 80s Toy Biz Batmobile cocoon.

yeah, that could be the deal breaker on a lot of pre-orders. or a lot of shield mods :mad:

I actually would have preferred no armor. It's hard enough finding space for this thing... now I gotta make twice the space or cover up a much better-looking unarmored mode? It's staying in the box for me.

I just hope that armor is solid plastic and not that flimsy **** that Hot Toys uses for inner packaging or the latest cape attachment for the Batpod.

It better be stronger than a damn plastic chocolate tray and not like the 80s Toy Biz Batmobile cocoon.

I sold my ToyBiz Batmobile a few days ago and thought the exact same thing! I'm sure it will be hard plastic or something but ANYTHING is better than the Toybiz "ärmor"

Thats what Im afraid it will be. Hope Im wrong.

I really don't care about the armor... The car has so many features and details that I'm very happy with. The armor is a nice extra... But if its made on a cheap plastic... Meh, doesn't mean a deal breaker for me. I just want to use it has a dust cover...

I really don't care about the armor... The car has so many features and details that I'm very happy with. The armor is a nice extra... But if its made on a cheap plastic... Meh, doesn't mean a deal breaker for me. I just want to use it has a dust cover...

:goodpost::exactly:

Agree wholeheartedly. The batmobile needs to be shown in its full glory. At most the amor gets to stay beside the batmobile but then I barely have enough space for the batmobile so the amor will stay in the box for all eternity

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Just can not wait for this release its been years since the preorder.. And im so excited about this will finally come true in 2013.. Lets hope they will concern in QC

not a deal breaker for me either. i'm still excited for this, plus it will be a dust cover/unveiling piece for me. my main concern is the batmobile itself. just hope they're not cheap with the armor because we are paying a pretty penny

If both were in a weapons duel, the Batmobile would destroy the Tumbler, no contest.
what makes you say that? didn't you see any of the new batman movies? you know, the ones staring the Tumbler and the Bat Pod?

the tumbler/pod had cannons...
The Batmobile had machine guns.

Cannons outpower machine guns, or am I wrong? :dunno

If it was a complex course full of mazes and turns, the Tumbler would win (though without finesse)

ow, I didnt realise it was a finess competition we where at? :slap

That said, the Batmobile is sexier than the Tumbler, but the Tumbler is more practical and efficient. Thus proven in the different nature of both movie...

what makes you say that? didn't you see any of the new batman movies? you know, the ones staring the Tumbler and the Bat Pod?

That said, the Batmobile is sexier than the Tumbler, but the Tumbler is more practical and efficient. Thus proven in the different nature of both movie...

Batmobile 89 could just up shields and Drop Da Bomb :rotfl

Had to cancel my pre-order for this. As much as I wanted it, I realized I didn't have the room to display it. Bummer, but at least it allows me to pre-order some more figures.

Had to cancel my pre-order for this. As much as I wanted it, I realized I didn't have the room to display it. Bummer, but at least it allows me to pre-order some more figures.

Where did you po from?..im trying to get a second one, but the nrd scares me away in case something else comes up..

:eek :crying:crying:crying :eek

Where did you po from?..im trying to get a second one, but the nrd scares me away in case something else comes up..

I went to sideshow and used the one time courtesy of transferring the NRD to another P.O.

'89 Batmobile never blew up:)
Tumbler piles over vehicles while batmobile just plows right through them.

Back