1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

But Yiu would not be able to see it most of the time when sitting underneath it? Can't you find any space below or even above your TV instead?

:borg "Resistance is futile"

Hey Geil :) Nah, not an issue really as it would be in my studio/workroom. At the other side would be my drawing table and swivel chair where I spend about 18-20 hours per day :) All I have to do is turn 180 degrees when I'm tired and I can wonder at the cars, the way I wonder at my detolfs 90 degrees to my right when I'm taking a break :lol

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Since my post earlier today I decided to set up my 89 Joker and Batman. I didn't even realize the base had lights! These two figures are awesome. They are the only 12" figures in my display, the rest are PF's, CM's, and 1:1...and they still impress. I am looking forward to the Batmobile waaaaay more than I was before having these guys out of their boxes! :yess:

Since my post earlier today I decided to set up my 89 Joker and Batman. I didn't even realize the base had lights! These two figures are awesome. They are the only 12" figures in my display, the rest are PF's, CM's, and 1:1...and they still impress. I am looking forward to the Batmobile waaaaay more than I was before having these guys out of their boxes! :yess:

Congrats Patriot666, my 1989 Batman DX figure is sealed in its box currently awaiting to feel the leather seats of the Batmobile when it eventually turns up. I had purchased the figure specifically to fit inside the cockpit as that would look awesome everytime a friend opened it they would also see Keaton in the drivers seat! :yess: Saying that, i have since seen those original pics from Hot Toys where the figure is standing just infront of the Batmobile which to me would make the ultimate Batman 1989 display!! So i might have to look out for a good deal for a second Keaton Batman figure :cuckoo: :wink1:

I'll be displaying Batman outside of the Batmobile. We still don't know whether or not Batman will fit inside without modification. Having finally opened him, he's not very flexible at all for posing.

I'll be displaying Batman outside of the Batmobile. We still don't know whether or not Batman will fit inside without modification. Having finally opened him, he's not very flexible at all for posing.

That's probably how Michael Keaton felt.

Aside from owning the actual Batmobile -this comes in second!

I think those who plan to have a Keaton Bats inside will be using a spare that they could "sacrifice", for it would surely take a toll on the rubber suit overtime. Also, what we don't know for sure is if the canopy could easily close with him inside. I saw some documentary on the 1989 film and the film crew said that they had to make a Bat-cowl with shorter ears to make sure it would not hinder the closing of the canopy on-camera.

Hot Toys have made some 'adjustments' to the Batmobile though, its not as long and has a slightly different profile.

you'd imagine theres only 1 real reason to do this, and that would be to get the figure to fit?

guess we'll have to see, i don't really plan on having mine in the car anyway

Hot Toys have made some 'adjustments' to the Batmobile though, its not as long and has a slightly different profile.

you'd imagine theres only 1 real reason to do this, and that would be to get the figure to fit?

guess we'll have to see, i don't really plan on having mine in the car anyway

me neighter, I just want to put batman side to side the batmobile.

I almost forgot about the Batmobile, it's going to be one hell of a HT shopping spree the next 4 months, DX Joker 2.0, Catwoman, Thor, Wolverine, BW, Loki, IM MK7, and Hulk.

Im sure i saw one of those release pics from Hot Toys with Keaton inside the cockpit? :dunno Im sure he'll fit...

Im sure i saw one of those release pics from Hot Toys with Keaton inside the cockpit? :dunno Im sure he'll fit...

yes, it is, but maybe the rubber will get some damage if you left batman there.
maybe if we buy a true type body, paint it on black, an put the HS, cape and guantlets, it will look nice inside the batmobile, and we don't crack the rubber suit.

I'm canceling my pre-order. It's just too big. I live in a small apartment in Japan. It's simply not practical.

I found some old toys I had in storage and brought them out, including the original 1/18th scale Mattel version. This is a beautiful toy. It looks awesome next to the HT Batman. I just can't justify the price and size of the big one, despite how awesome it would be to have it in perfect scale and have the shields too.

I love the extra detail on 1/6th figures, but they're just TOO big for me!! I even had to put my beloved Kaneda's bike back into storage cause it was simply taking up too much room.

I love the looks of that upcoming ED 209 from RoboCop too...but again....TOO BIG!!

Why couldn't all of these amazing properties have been done in this kind of detail at 1/12th scale?? Would have worked a lot better for me!!

I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's pics when this thing is finally released....I just can't pull the trigger on it. And really, the Hot Wheels version is pretty excellent as a stand-in.

I really want this but my tumbler is taking up a good amount of space and not sure how the wife will like two monsters parked in the house! Haha

Two Monsters? What about when the '66 Batmobile gets released? I'm in for all three!

HT should just make all their figures and vehicles in 1/48 scale so your apt. can look like a mansion:peace

Only 4 more short months and a few more small car payments and some shipping to go .....In another 150 days or less this baby will be here.....NO more delays please put the pedal down and forget about the speed limits ups man and get this baby home for us.......

Yeah I thought I could pass on this but the more I look at it the more it must be in my collection lol wish there were pictures of this with the lights on though.

I keep forgetting i have this on PO, last payment is scheduled for march but i'm sure it will get delayed a few months.:impatient:

Still really looking forward to this monster

My last payment is scheduled in May. I thought that was when it was expected to release?

Yea..im not expecting this in may.. July seens more likely...

we shall see. it's been really quiet. besides convention pics by fans, nothing official has been shown in almost a year

Back