1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Welp just preordered! All It cost me was $600 some odd dollars and half my *** after the wife found out.......well worth it

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Welp just preordered! All It cost me was $600 some odd dollars and half my *** after the wife found out.......well worth it

:lol Of all the stuff I've bought or am buying this year, the wife keeps wanting me to cancel the Batmobile. Mainly because of having no way to display it, which is actually true. :dunno

Yea space really is the biggest problem I have tumbler and batpod also, so space is getting tight. It's was hard to keep up the fight when the argument is valid. $600 for something to sit in the closet is a tough sell

Yea space really is the biggest problem I have tumbler and batpod also, so space is getting tight. It's was hard to keep up the fight when the argument is valid. $600 for something to sit in the closet is a tough sell

And that's kinda my issue at the moment as well. As awesome as this thing would be to own and display (once I can make space lol) 600+ is a lot of money to drop for something that will just sit there. Except it will look bad *** sitting there so it really becomes a dilemma lol

No dilemma for me. That bad boy is mine and going pride of place.

Mine will go the way of my tumbler. Took it out, took a picture of it on the table, hasnt seen the light of day since.

I only buy this stuff to enjoy on display. I can't understand buying a collectible to store it. :dunno

I only buy this stuff to enjoy on display. I can't understand buying a collectible to store it. :dunno

Well I could wait until I had room. That would mean finishing college, going to grad school, moving out. How much do you think a tumbler would be going for by then? It was simply just cheaper to buy it now because at least I could say I had it. One day it will have a case and be on full display. Unless I have a wife...

Well I could wait until I had room. That would mean finishing college, going to grad school, moving out. How much do you think a tumbler would be going for by then? It was simply just cheaper to buy it now because at least I could say I had it. One day it will have a case and be on full display. Unless I have a wife...

:exactly:
I am really not sure if i have space for it or not. It's better to get it now, even if you have to wait several months (or longer) to display it, than trying to pick it up in a year or two on the secondary market for probably a lot more money.

I would much rather have it in a box in my closet while i figure out how to display it.

That makes since. The problem for me is I have plenty of space, but the fact that this won't fit on a shelf is the problem. The only thing I can think to do is set it on a table. Everyone is facing the same issue with this piece. Anyone else have a good display plan?

I'm thinking of trying to have a table built to display this and a Batman figure. Maybe a glass coffee table setup, with this badboy displayed inside with either Returns Keaton or the Arkham City Batman. Whichever comes first.

That's the only real idea I have about displaying it. Anyone else?

I'm thinking of trying to have a table built to display this and a Batman figure. Maybe a glass coffee table setup, with this badboy displayed inside with either Returns Keaton or the Arkham City Batman. Whichever comes first.

That's the only real idea I have about displaying it. Anyone else?

This is how I am displaying my Tumbler and I love it... The wall mounted shelving is kinda unattractive but this room really is just for me.

The 89 will sit above the Tumbler.

4YkrO.jpg

This is how I am displaying my Tumbler and I love it... The wall mounted shelving is kinda unattractive but this room really is just for me.

4YkrO.jpg

:clap:clap I really like your setup! I especially like that it allows you to incorporate the boxes. How long is the tumbler? I thought 89 Batmobile was going to be longer.:dunno

Also how do you prevent dust?

Last edited:

the Tumbler is 29", the 89 is 39"... The 36" shelf will be fine cause I am pretty sure the wheel base of the 89 is about that same as the Tumbler. So ill just have a little bit of the front and rear bumper hanging off.

I don't worry about preventing dust. I just dust it when I feel the figures and the Tumbler need it with a makeup brush. Kinda gives me an excuse to handle the figures and maybe put them in a different pose every now and then.

the Tumbler is 29", the 89 is 39"... The 36" shelf will be fine cause I am pretty sure the wheel base of the 89 is about that same as the Tumbler. So ill just have a little bit of the front and rear bumper hanging off.

I don't worry about preventing dust. I just dust it when I feel the figures and the Tumbler need it with a makeup brush. Kinda gives me an excuse to handle the figures and maybe put them in a different pose every now and then.

Good point about the dusting. Did you get these shelves from Ikea? and if so, what size sheling are you using?

4YkrO.jpg

Good idea. Nice pose on your Joker BTW. :clap

If only the Batmobile was 38" I could fit it on my Pax shelf! :gah:

The shelving is by Rubbermaid, bought at my local Home Depot. The shelving everything but the Tumbler is sitting on are a little less then 12" deep I think.

According to an interview with Howard Chan, the Batmobile is delayed to may.

According to an interview with Howard Chan, the Batmobile is delayed to may.

I thought it was always scheduled to release in May. At least according to SS when I started my flexpay.

Back