*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Audiences, much like girls, just wanna have fun

200w.gif

The entire anchor being and time ripping machine concept are super nonsensical but the movie was just super fun even if it didn’t deliver the multiverse that I was hoping for (Fox X-Men in comic costumes joining the EG battle).

I’m married believe me I used to not getting what I want.

Likewise. But I hate Tom Holland as both Peter and Spidey. Doesn’t act like the character at all.

There's nothing left.

What I mean is if you bring RDJ as some version of Stark/Doom, there are only two real narrative openings remaining

1) "Building A Suit Of Armor Around The World", i.e. an arms race between Stark or a quasi Stark, or a quasi Stark/Doom and a next potential Chitauri/Thanos invasion

2) The surrogate father/son dynamic pushed hard in Phase 3 between Holland and RDJ

There's literally nothing left. Spiderman is the last viable established franchise from the legacy Avengers left. Holland has to do some heavy lifting to take the mantle of leadership for the new Avengers. If he can pull it off, great. If he can't pull it off, the MCU and Feige don't really have many other options.

Feige wanted to kill off A LOT of people in Endgame. (Not Spiderman though). And this is why. The few remaining legacy characters often have nowhere left to go in terms of development and they immediately corner the writers rooms in some pretty complicated circumstances. ( i.e. you can only milk fan service as engagement for so long before it's evident you don't have a real narrative core for a storyline)

Interestingly enough, while the MCU is going to hard push Holland/Zendaya, then some Iman Vellani and possibly some Hailee Steinfeld to get that Gen Z audience, IMHO the best potential for that is still Ned and Betty. A more lighthearted type show with Jacob Batalon and Angourie Rice could really break out if executed correctly. I'd say both were a little underused given their actual talent/abilities as performers. Sometimes you need brand name firepower. Sometimes you just need to tap into what made so much of John Hughes work for teens across generations. For so little screen time, Batalon and Rice actually carved out something interesting.

The entire anchor being and time ripping machine concept are super nonsensical but the movie was just super fun even if it didn’t deliver the multiverse that I was hoping for (Fox X-Men in comic costumes joining the EG battle).

I’m married believe me I used to not getting what I want.

6flnelitiufd1.jpg

Here are a couple of multi-verse "anchors" for you, my friend.

Went to a matinee for this earlier, I enjoyed it.

Deadpool's personality didn't annoy me nearly as much as part 2. He works so much better when he shares the spotlight. Like little palate cleansers sprinkled throughout the movie.

My biggest laugh came from Gambit when he was talking about his parents.

Last edited:
What was the deal with the Earth 616 Deadpool/Happy interview? It came out of nowhere, then jumped back to Earth 10005 for the rest of the movie.

He wants to be an Avenger but his universe doesn’t have them.

So he used Cables time travel device to also jump universes?!? How does that work? And if he can easily do that, why not get the Avengers to help stop Cassandra destroying everything?

My god the story in this one is razor thin.

Kinda easy not to think about considering how much of a mess the Fox X-Men continuity was :lol
This didn't clear things up much.

Logan is dead in his present day timeline, so he jumps universes to find an alive Logan instead of going back to save his own Logan?

I need a second viewing in case I missed stuff. Was that Marvel's plan? Make it confusing to pump up the BO numbers?

This didn't clear things up much.

Logan is dead in his present day timeline, so he jumps universes to find an alive Logan instead of going back to save his own Logan?

I need a second viewing in case I missed stuff. Was that Marvel's plan? Make it confusing to pump up the BO numbers?
Actually no, his Logan is going to die in 5 years. DP&W takes place in 2024 where as Logan takes place in 2029.

He can't save his Logan, he's dying anyway. His sacrifice just let him go out fighting.

At the end of DP&W there are two Logans and two Lauras in that timeline.

Actually no, his Logan is going to die in 5 years. DP&W takes place in 2024 where as Logan takes place in 2029.

He can't save his Logan, he's dying anyway. His sacrifice just let him go out fighting.

Got it!

At the end of DP&W there are two Logans and two Lauras in that timeline.

Is that X-23? I thought Alioth killed her with the others when they jumped through the portal.

Back