*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really happy to see Snipes. "There is only one Blade." except for the series you know?
I'm actually surprised and shocked that most people don't even know the show exists.

I See You GIF by Bounce

Just saw the film, and boy was that a bad movie :lol Yikes

The Bad

Kind of boring in the beginning. Too much talking in a lot of scenes, and the scenes feel like sketches, rather than a film, but that's been an issue for me in "funny" Marvel movies.

Deadpool...too many sex and gay jokes...give it a rest. Not funny or clever.

The main story wasn't that good.

The villains weren't good.

Lack of X-MEN cameos. Come on, it can't be that difficult to get those actors...they're unemployed.

The Good

Wolverine. He looks great. He's just great. All of them.

The alternate Wolverines were awesome...wish they had spent more time on each of those versions.

The action was ..ok, not great.

Some of the non-gay or sex jokes were funny.

The cameos made sense and worked given the film was all about 20th Century Fox.

Overall, a bad movie that wastes multiple versions of iconic Wolverines, but somewhat entertaining. I don't think this film saves the MCU or comic films tho.

IMO

Deadpool 1 is still the best film.

Deadpool>>Deadpool and Wolverine>>>>>>Deadpool 2
Since I don't have the energy to write up something clever about this disjointed train wreck of a movie I'm just going to copy the above summary, with one major exception: This is EASILY the worst entry in the Deadpool series so far..

I don't get this Channing Tatum thing. He's a terrible actor. I thought it was a goof he was in D&W. Didn't know this fanbase thing about him being Gambit existed. I know we all have our quirks about things, but man I don't understand.

I don’t think he’s a terrible actor, he’s just very typecasted. I liked him as Gambit and I think he’d do pretty well without the Deadpool humour over the top of it.

He’s been trying to make it happen for a very long time, he has a lot of passion for it. Similar to Ryan Reynolds with getting Deadpool off the ground.

I had to look it up and the guy that played Blade in the series is named "Sticky Fingaz".

LMAO
he became sticky fangz
I don't get this Channing Tatum thing. He's a terrible actor. I thought it was a goof he was in D&W. Didn't know this fanbase thing about him being Gambit existed. I know we all have our quirks about things, but man I don't understand.
he's very very sexy

Ben Affleck had a lot of passion for Daredevil.
He's typecast as what? He always seems miscast. He just seems so out of place in Fly Me to the Moon. He looks even more out of place in Blink Twice.

The industry will trend towards "cost certainty" in almost all cases. Tatum is a known quantity. Very hard to get financing and support for a project without established "brand name" performers and/or an already established IP.

Disagree, Tatum has excellent comedic timing and not very often do you see an actor like him willing to make fun of himself. He’s great entertainment in roles like these.

He's very good in the Magic Mike movies, especially the third film. He's also very good in A Guide to Recognising Your Saints with RDJ.

When he has the right material, he can do good drama. But he's fantastic in comedies. Especially the Jump Street movies.

Gambit, as depicted in this movie, was the butt of the joke. He wasn't there to be taken seriously. I can't imagine an entire movie solely focused on him.

Back