*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is this.

Snipes/Blade is soon to be not only in the biggest R rated Superhero movie of all time but in the biggest R rated movie period, of all time!

All is right.
I enjoyed D&W, but Blade brought the biggest smile to my face. I had no idea he was in it. The kid in me wanted to yeah, "**** YEAH!!!!" at the top of my lungs.
I wish he had on a trench coat.

Seeing blade interact with any marvel character and go all out puts a smile on my face. I bet the GA probably didn’t know he was a marvel character.

I enjoyed D&W, but Blade brought the biggest smile to my face. I had no idea he was in it. The kid in me wanted to yeah, "**** YEAH!!!!" at the top of my lungs.
I wish he had on a trench coat.

Seeing blade interact with any marvel character and go all out puts a smile on my face. I bet the GA probably didn’t know he was a marvel character.

I wish he was in the ending at the party. they needed to have added gambit and blade at the end. even Elektra. just gave them eating cake. it wouldn't take anything

https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool...gans-x-23-and-not-a-variant-a212511#gs.d8ehll

So X-23 is the Laura from Logan.

"They were like, 'Not a Variant. You went along with the kids for a few years and then you got zapped. You've been in the TVA for a few years now. You lost your accent because you were in America for a while. You're a very intelligent kid, you learned English when you were with Logan...to you, you are Logan's Laura so seeing this person again is, 'Whoa, this is my dad who I haven't seen for years.'"

https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool...gans-x-23-and-not-a-variant-a212511#gs.d8ehll

So X-23 is the Laura from Logan.

"They were like, 'Not a Variant. You went along with the kids for a few years and then you got zapped. You've been in the TVA for a few years now. You lost your accent because you were in America for a while. You're a very intelligent kid, you learned English when you were with Logan...to you, you are Logan's Laura so seeing this person again is, 'Whoa, this is my dad who I haven't seen for years.'"
Didn’t she go to Canada at the end of Logan?

Everyone is raving about the 3D version.

Hmm I might have to go for my 4th.
I've seen it twice in 3D (mainly because they were the screenings that fit my schedule). The first time I didn't even realize it was a 3D show until I glanced around during the previews & everyone was putting on glasses. I had to dart out to the entrance to grab a pair before the show started. Good thing I picked an aisle seat lol.

The 3D experience was pretty cool, but it definitely muted the colors a bit. For example, I thought Elektra's outfit was black until those social media pics were posted! I don't recall any pops of red on Blade's outfit either.

I was disappointed by the lack of storm or cyclops.

I've been told there are ongoing negotiations with Glen Powell, who is on the short list for Cyclops. Whether that will be realized or not remains to be seen. Asking Powell to play the role now, if you could even get him to sign a long term holding contract with the MCU, then a huge time gap of possibly up to 3 years or more to revisit the role, that's just way harder to negotiate. Powell is on the rise and losing potential roles for the perceived long term security might hurt him more than help him here. He has every incentive to turn down Scott Summers much like Chris Evans was very resistant to Captain America (typecast fears) to start. It's poor logistics to infuse Cyclops into the MCU right now. Sure you'd get some excitement from fans, but you'll get that anyway at just about any point in the future too.

So when there was talk of making Stephen King's The Dark Tower series with Javier Bardem, there was an interesting discussion of the logistics. To have alternating films then seasons of a prestige TV show. XMen IMHO is one of those cases where you might see the benefit of something like that plus have enough fan excitement/interest, where you can take that risk. I can see a Cyclops trilogy working out as feature films. Other XMen like Gambit, Storm and others, that's just tougher. A prestige TV series would allow so much more character development/character origins though, which a feature film tends to jettison heavily because you can only do so much in 2-3 hours. for a "team" film.

IMHO, Storm is going to be a PITA to cast for the MCU. There are only a limited number of young black actresses out there with decent brand/name public recognition. Many won't really fit right/look right in the costume ( That's matters a ton) Many of those likely to be on the short list are not a great fit for the acting strengths, if they have them. The nightmare scenario of course is if Michael Burnham from Star Trek Discovery gets the role. That would be bizarre. Seeing Storm rip off an 11 minute monologue then just start crying. Also it's a tough character to write period. Storm is very overpowered to the point where a writers room could easily just mishandle a practical narrative around her. Angela Bassett was on the short list for Storm over 20 years ago. Not casting her was a huge mistake IMHO. She could have taken the character into lots of interesting places.

XMen is a tough nut to crack. It's has a super dedicated fanbase rabid for it and love it. But it's kind of also a logistical nightmare too in multiple facets.

VideoCapture_20240806-202958.jpg
VideoCapture_20240806-202949.jpg
VideoCapture_20240806-202930.jpg
VideoCapture_20240806-202926.jpg

Attachments

• Snapinsta.app_video_An-eR0VNUFr4xtFie5e88LKBRsEdMNCb0KtYdU5ACiZiwouhPmQuDIa20Ty7y5WrzHCotCPP8D...mp4
    12.7 MB
Back