*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since Jackman "retired" Logan in 2017, I was firmly of the belief that he left it on a high note. As people have said, his performance in this is actually really good. I wonder now if he really should continue, risking it.
He’ll likely be in Secret Wars and that’s the last we’ll see him as Wolverine. He’ll be almost 60 when that comes out.

everyone was so happy about the cameos,
but the x men cameos just flat out sucked.

so they get all these x men villains like toad or juggernaut, but for one they can't get the original actors.
and also they don't get any dialogue or any cool lines. they are just lackeys and cannon fodder.

but then they also looked awful. their costumes and make up looked terrible.
I just don't understand. why not give them cooler outfits. why not get better x men villains, they looked as awful as they did in x men 3.

everyone was so happy about the cameos,
but the x men cameos just flat out sucked.

so they get all these x men villains like toad or juggernaut, but for one they can't get the original actors.
They got Tyler Mane back as Sabertooth.

Vinnie Jones didn't want to return. He refused to wear that muscle suit again.

Ray Park hasn't worked since 2020, and he's somewhat controversial now.
and also they don't get any dialogue or any cool lines. they are just lackeys and cannon fodder.
Juggernaut has some lines. But not every background character needs fleshed out. They're mostly just little fun cameos to spot in the background, it's fine.
but then they also looked awful. their costumes and make up looked terrible.
I just don't understand. why not give them cooler outfits. why not get better x men villains, they looked as awful as they did in x men 3.
Probably the point.

Whet dog Ray park do. Also this wasn’t an xmen movie. It was deadpool. He would have been severely overshadowed if they put a whole roster of xmen in the film

Whet dog Ray park do. Also this wasn’t an xmen movie. It was deadpool. He would have been severely overshadowed if they put a whole roster of xmen in the film
Yeah, one representative of the Fox FF, one from Fox Daredevil, one from Logan, one from New Line, and then of course Wolverine himself was more than enough. Though it might have been funny if DP ran into Happy in the Void only to discover it was Foggy from Fox DD, lol.

From a pure collector standpoint, some of these characters, even ones who were in minor roles, are all opportunities to be Hot Toys or Marvel Legends figures.

Would Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut be made by Hot Toys? Unclear. But if he had returned, a Marvel Legends set would be a stone cold lock. Even just a quick pan of the original X Men under Singer in the TVA old grainy footage on screen, that could have justified a ton of Marvel Legends releases.

If Blade had gotten a 3 second quick cut added where he's choosing weapons out of armory, just touching them justifies making them and putting them into a figure set. That was my fantasy scene for John Wick. He has 10 weapons on a table, that we've never seen before in our hobby, not even the military side of it, and he only has 1 bullet, round or shell in each one, and he has to use each one in a quick 3-4 minute scene. Now justified to add into the Hot Toys or a knockoff release.

There's always a more optimal way for us as collectors to get more toy options, nostalgia options and better gear/accessories. But sometimes it just doesn't work out.

A lot of the times, I just hope any IP, when decisions are made, they are made by people who have at least some sideways glance at the potential merchandising. And have a good eye for cool stuff. Like Wakanda Forever. There was so much potential for some pretty neat designs and weapons. Even if the film wasn't so great. But alas, more fodder that will sit at Ollies for the next 5 years or so.

When I was a kid, EVERY KID wanted an AT AT from the Hoth Battle in ESB. Every last damn one of them. I wish that was the litmus test of the aesthetics and designs all of the time. Would someone jump out of their seat, point at it, and say, "I want to buy something like that, right now, and I don't give a damn what it costs me" But that's just me, I just want more cool toys.

IMG_4820.jpeg
IMG_4819.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 0

Juggernaut has some lines. But not every background character needs fleshed out. They're mostly just little fun cameos to spot in the background, it's fine.

Probably the point.
they had access to anything and everything they could have gotten better villains. other actors. or better costumes.

Probably the point.

Why is Ray Park controversial these days? Genuine question.

Back