*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe that they had Jackman play the straight man from beginning to end in a freaking Ryan Reynolds Deadpool movie and not come out being a total mockery. How the hell did they pull that off, he had more dignity than in his own non-comedic Wolverine/Deadpool Origins movie, lol.
Someone wrote this who cared about the characters

2 actors who care about their characters played the leads

Good to see you liked it Khev

I thought it was great.

And I agree… It was a better send off than Logan.

Someone wrote this who cared about the characters

2 actors who care about their characters played the leads

Good to see you liked it Khev

I thought it was great.

And I agree… It was a better send off than Logan.
This was a complete turnaround from what LFL did to Han, Luke, Leia, and Indy.

Not only Wolverine (and I love that I feel it's proper to call him that now) but also Blade and even freaking Elektra can all legitimately be called "Legacy" characters given that every one of them is over 20 years old and they were all treated with respect.

And Logan's reason for wearing the costume...damn. It reminded me of this Christian movie I watched a number of years ago where there's a scene in the beginning where a dad is driving his 12 year old daughter someplace and they stop by this park and she asks if he'd run out and dance in the park with her. He says no because that'd be ridiculous and then like that night or the next day she gets hit by a car or something and dies and then at the end of the movie the dad goes back to the park and puts on her walkman and closes his eyes and pretends to dance with her. I was all "Fuuuuuudge" (but I didn't say fudge) lol.

Literally that scene in that movie permanently burned into my brain to NEVER deny what I might think are silly sentimental requests from my kids.

So having Logan say he refused his team's requests to wear the suit and then decided that after they died that he'd never take it off just freaking hits hard!

But even with that in mind it was almost like he was 90% committed for most of the movie and finally went all in with the mask by the end. Great stuff.

Yea the movie was finally us fetng the wolverine we always wanted. I understand that the fox films were heavily focused on him but it was still held back and it still felt like we neeeded more and this movie delivered more. They even put in his super strength and animalistic behavior. Loved the film. This is why I wanted marvel to get the xmen. They felt held back and restrained. I knew marvel wouldn’t do that. These characters are so much better and have cooler powers than the avengers.
Hulk ,iron man and cap are the only interesting ones that carried the team.

Screenshot_20240814_175835_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240814_175903_Instagram.jpg

Yea the movie was finally us fetng the wolverine we always wanted. I understand that the fox films were heavily focused on him but it was still held back and it still felt like we neeeded more and this movie delivered more. They even put in his super strength and animalistic behavior. Loved the film. This is why I wanted marvel to get the xmen. They felt held back and restrained. I knew marvel wouldn’t do that. These characters are so much better and have cooler powers than the avengers.
Hulk ,iron man and cap are the only interesting ones that carried the team.
That movie sounds super brutal heartbreaking hnnnng lol

to bad it's just a crappy version of the hulk. I desperatly wanted 2008 hulk so Hot toys would finally make a good hulk for once but we can;t all win. Oh well.
Now that I think of it it would have been cool if it was actually Bana Hulk since that's the Hulk that was in theaters at the same time as X2.

This was a complete turnaround from what LFL did to Han, Luke, Leia, and Indy.

Not only Wolverine (and I love that I feel it's proper to call him that now) but also Blade and even freaking Elektra can all legitimately be called "Legacy" characters given that every one of them is over 20 years old and they were all treated with respect.

And Logan's reason for wearing the costume...damn. It reminded me of this Christian movie I watched a number of years ago where there's a scene in the beginning where a dad is driving his 12 year old daughter someplace and they stop by this park and she asks if he'd run out and dance in the park with her. He says no because that'd be ridiculous and then like that night or the next day she gets hit by a car or something and dies and then at the end of the movie the dad goes back to the park and puts on her walkman and closes his eyes and pretends to dance with her. I was all "Fuuuuuudge" (but I didn't say fudge) lol.

Literally that scene in that movie permanently burned into my brain to NEVER deny what I might think are silly sentimental requests from my kids.

So having Logan say he refused his team's requests to wear the suit and then decided that after they died that he'd never take it off just freaking hits hard!

But even with that in mind it was almost like he was 90% committed for most of the movie and finally went all in with the mask by the end. Great stuff.
Damn, I don't even have kids and that sounds.......damn. But I guess it applies to regrets one might have around any big loss in your life. I regret every single time I got impatient or snappy with my mother, every time I rolled my eyes when my back was turned to her if she asked for a cup of tea. Y'know, make your mum a cup of tea, it's the least she deserves from you, you absolute prick. I mean I always did but sometimes, internally, I was sighing and whining because I wanted to go do something else and it was delaying me.

I haven't seen this film yet, surprise surprise. I knew I wasn't going to get an opportunity so I just said screw it and looked at all spoilers, watched clips etc. I can see myself tiring of Deadpool himself but, from what I watched, Jackman gives another masterclass and seems to have some great stuff to work with - such as the scene you're talking about explaining why he now wears the costume - what a brilliant way of staying consistent with the Logan/Wolverine Jackman has been playing for over 2 decades while finally giving fans what they still really really wanted to see.

why wasn't Elektra given a red suit? it didn't cost them anything to make it red
unless Ryan Reynolds has to be the only one wearing red.

that's the reason isn't it. no one else allowed to be red

Damn, I don't even have kids and that sounds.......damn. But I guess it applies to regrets one might have around any big loss in your life. I regret every single time I got impatient or snappy with my mother, every time I rolled my eyes when my back was turned to her if she asked for a cup of tea. Y'know, make your mum a cup of tea, it's the least she deserves from you, you absolute prick. I mean I always did but sometimes, internally, I was sighing and whining because I wanted to go do something else and it was delaying me.
Yes, it absolutely can be applied to any lost family member and is a good thing for all of us to keep in mind for those who are still with us.

I haven't seen this film yet, surprise surprise. I knew I wasn't going to get an opportunity so I just said screw it and looked at all spoilers, watched clips etc. I can see myself tiring of Deadpool himself but, from what I watched, Jackman gives another masterclass and seems to have some great stuff to work with - such as the scene you're talking about explaining why he now wears the costume - what a brilliant way of staying consistent with the Logan/Wolverine Jackman has been playing for over 2 decades while finally giving fans what they still really really wanted to see.
This movie absolutely delivers top tier Hugh Jackman and surpasses all portrayals of Wolverine by far AND with R-rated violence AND with the proper costume. Absolutely A+. Ryan Reynolds' antics are hit and miss like previous Deadpool movies but because Logan never takes his bull**** it really helps offset Reynolds from going too far. There's even a scene where Logan verbally eviscerates him so completely and for so long (think Steve Martin going off on John Candy in the hotel in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles) that the whole audience got quiet and even I was all "damn."

Yes, it absolutely can be applied to any lost family member and is a good thing for all of us to keep in mind for those who are still with us.

This movie absolutely delivers top tier Hugh Jackman and surpasses all portrayals of Wolverine by far AND with R-rated violence AND with the proper costume. Absolutely A+. Ryan Reynolds' antics are hit and miss like previous Deadpool movies but because Logan never takes his bull**** it really helps offset Reynolds from going too far. There's even a scene where Logan verbally eviscerates him so completely and for so long (think Steve Martin going off on John Candy in the hotel in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles) that the whole audience got quiet and even I was all "damn."
That dialogue from Wolverine to DP in the car was as brutal as his claws in this movie.

HJ delivered in this movie 100+%

Last edited:
why wasn't Elektra given a red suit? it didn't cost them anything to make it red
unless Ryan Reynolds has to be the only one wearing red.

that's the reason isn't it. no one else allowed to be red
I do think it would’ve clashed with DP and the “red and yellow” duality theme they were going with.

Hmmm I noticed that you didn’t bring up your “attic” in your list of regrets..

IMG_0214.jpeg

Ever since Jackman "retired" Logan in 2017, I was firmly of the belief that he left it on a high note. As people have said, his performance in this is actually really good. I wonder now if he really should continue, risking it.

Back