Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, things just keep getting interesting!

Disney has voted to approve/back the 51GB HD DVD spec.

https://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20071119150942_Disney_Votes_for_51GB_HD_DVD_Media_Approval.html

The fact that Walt Disney Home Entertainment, which official stance has always been strong Blu-ray support, may be an indicator that even members of the Blu-ray Association are potentially interested in the forthcoming versions of the HD DVD standard, which has been competing against BD for nearly two years in a war that is unlikely to end soon and which is even called a “stalemate” by Sony’s chief executive.

I don't imagine that Sony likes to see Disney offering support to anything HD DVD related...

I bought some blu-ray movies, and I'm still not blown way. Planet Earth looks awesome but thats really the only movie I have shot in HD all the others are transfers. I'll be sticking with regular dvd's for now and maybe buy a few HD ones on occasion.

Wow, went to WalMart last night and they had about 30 BD titles:google vs. about 5 HD-DVD titles.

This after a lady there told me they were cutting back on there BD titles. And best of all they were all on sale for $18:rock

Wal-Mart stocked up on BD titles heavily in anticipation of the sale where one can choose 10 titles free with the purchase of an 80GB PS3.

Ended up pulling the trigger on the Walmart deal PS3 with 10 BR movies for $499, really helped that I was able to get my wife's Walmart discount on the PS3, so only paid $449 for it. Movie selection by the time I got there was pretty hit or miss (early afternoon, sale was at 8am), few friends of mine also grabbed one.

Question, since I've got it hooked up directly to my Sony LCD TV, what are some good options for a speaker system thats 2.1 that will work with the PS3, I don't want to clutter up the living room with multiple speakers, etc...

Evan

Wow, went to WalMart last night and they had about 30 BD titles:google vs. about 5 HD-DVD titles.

This after a lady there told me they were cutting back on there BD titles. And best of all they were all on sale for $18:rock
Goes to show how much 'The Lady' knew! :D

I'm gonna have to go by WM and see their selection. See anything worth getting Chase?

Well I ended up doing the Amazon deal...mine was $179 for a Toshiba HD-DVD player and 10 free HD-DVDs. I've had a HD TV for almost a year now and I want to see something in HD! :lol I'm also planning on getting a PS3 sometime down the road so I will be covered both ways.

Well I ended up doing the Amazon deal...mine was $179 for a Toshiba HD-DVD player and 10 free HD-DVDs. I've had a HD TV for almost a year now and I want to see something in HD! :lol I'm also planning on getting a PS3 sometime down the road so I will be covered both ways.

That's the way to do it. :rock :rock

That's how I did it as well. Just find a cheap 20GB PS3 and you'll be set.

In the meantime, feel free to come over whenever you want to watch Hellboy in BR :D

See anything worth getting Chase?

Off the top of my head they had.

Terminator 1 & 2
Die Hard 1 2 3 4
Pirates 1 & 2
Spiderman 1 2 3
Unforgiven
The Prestige
Stealth
Halloween
Ratatoulie(???)
Stargate
Rescue Dawn
Rocky
Cars
The Condemned
Transporter 2
The Guardian
The Shinning
Full Metal Jacket
Clockwork Orange
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects

I know there were a handful of others I cant remeber. I counted at least 30 titles.

Off the top of my head they had.

Terminator 1 & 2
Die Hard 1 2 3 4
Pirates 1 & 2
Spiderman 1 2 3
Unforgiven
The Prestige
Stealth
Halloween
Ratatoulie(???)
Stargate
Rescue Dawn
Rocky
Cars
The Condemned
Transporter 2
The Guardian
The Shinning
Full Metal Jacket
Clockwork Orange
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects

I know there were a handful of others I cant remeber. I counted at least 30 titles.
NICE!!! I just picked up Terminator at a BOGO sale, already have Ratatouille, Cars, The Prestige and the Spider-Man box set. From that list I want to get the Die Hard box set, Full Metal Jacket, The Shining and T2.

I picked up the Die Hard box set.

And I was gonna get a couple others but my wife said I wasnt allowed too:lol

That means she got me some BDs, but wont tell me which ones, but she knows my taste and what movies I wanted, so X-mas should be cool.

I picked up the Die Hard box set.

And I was gonna get a couple others but my wife said I wasnt allowed too:lol

That means she got me some BDs, but wont tell me which ones, but she knows my taste and what movies I wanted, so X-mas should be cool.
I was gonna get the Die Hard set, but $109 was a bit steep for me.

Your wife is a keeper man congrats!! :rock

Back