Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they ever have Buy one get one Free for HDDVD??? It seems that this sale pops up every couple of weeks but it is for BR.

i hardly ever see them... but you think they would have them more often to try and get more movies out there. i feel this is why Blu Ray movies are getting more of he market share. all the sales/ promos are just putting them out there.

If finally got my 5 free Blu-Ray movies today. They substituted one too since I know I didnt' order "Chain Reaction". :cuss Oh well, I didn't really like any of the free ones anyway. :lol

If finally got my 5 free Blu-Ray movies today. They substituted one too since I know I didnt' order "Chain Reaction". :cuss Oh well, I didn't really like any of the free ones anyway. :lol

Yeah I think they just changed the moview you could pick from.

Same thing happened to me. I got my a couple weeks ago and they gave me Stealth, which I didnt pick.

my dvd player is acting up so i need a new one anyway(don't want to use the 360 as one and the one in the other room has to stay there) and i'm itching to get an HD or blu-ray player. i'd rather have an HD-DVD player, not sure why just do but at the price they are at it would be smarter to get a PS3 so i can play games also. sigh.....anyone know of any sales that will be going on for HD or blu-ray players between now and christmas?

I finally got my HD player from a special deal. Came with 3 DVDs one of which was 300, which was the first BD disc I bought.

And I have the PS3, so I'm covered both ways too. I HATE watching DVDs using that stupid PS3 controller though. And it's a bluetooth rather than IR, so my $150 universal remote can't control it. Guess the HD is going to get most of my business.

Why don't you get the PS3 remote.:confused:

I just sold my XBox HD-Add On and used the money to buy a Toshiba A2! And the best part is I can send away for 5 free lame HD-DVD movies. :monkey3

I just sold my XBox HD-Add On and used the money to buy a Toshiba A2! And the best part is I can send away for 5 free lame HD-DVD movies. :monkey3

walmart has the a-2($198) and a-3($299) with 12 free hd dvd's. 2 are boxed with the player and 5 are instant(under $30) and you mail away for 5, on sale tomorrow. are those prices "on-sale"?

walmart has the a-2($198) and a-3($299) with 12 free hd dvd's. 2 are boxed with the player and 5 are instant(under $30) and you mail away for 5, on sale tomorrow. are those prices "on-sale"?

I don't believe those prices are discounted, they had the A-2 for $99 a while back.

Really I would recommend getting the A-2 since I don't think there's a whole lot different between the two, in fact I think they have the same resolution-1080i. But since the $200 has the same free discs deal and you get 5 free when you check out that's like getting the player for $50 plus $150 worth of HD-DVD's not including the ones in the box or the mail-away ones.

I was going to buy an A3 but from what I read, the A2 is better than the A3. I can't remember why though.

Last edited:
How can older films not be HD? Film camera quality is still like twice the size of 1080p so it's unlikely that anything that's been filmed on film cameras is as small as SD video.

Although it makes me wonder what ROTS and AOTC would look like in HD from a straight digital conversion without all the stuff they added so it would work on the regular film prints.

Back