Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had both so I didn't care who won, but I liked the format war. It meant a lot of great deals on both.

Ditto!! All format neutral people like us were on the winning time either way.

If the war forced prices down on hardware and software, and we now go forward with a single format at those lower prices, then I'm OK with that. There wre a lot of BOGOs that wouldn't have happened without the competition.

Ditto!! All format neutral people like us were on the winning time either way.

If the war forced prices down on hardware and software, and we now go forward with a single format at those lower prices, then I'm OK with that. There wre a lot of BOGOs that wouldn't have happened without the competition.

Exactly. I could take advantage of deals on both sides and not miss out on any titles. I have already seen BR discs back up to $30 and more at Best Buy.

Dude, seriously, let me bask in my happiness with Blu-ray winning. Get off your soap box with owning both. I understand your :rolleyes::rolleyes:, but I can be happy with Blu like I always have and I'm allowed to show it ;)

I am not on a soap box about it. I just never understood why people would actually gloat about a winner ( not saying you are, but kind of :lol ). Many people have acted like they personally owned BR or HD DVD and defended it like it was their best friend. I don't understand the gloat like people had a financial steak in it other than buying a player and some movies.

I am not on a soap box about it. I just never understood why people would actually gloat about a winner ( not saying you are, but kind of :lol ). Many people have acted like they personally owned BR or HD DVD and defended it like it was their best friend. I don't understand the gloat like people had a financial steak in it other than buying a player and some movies.

Oh I am gloating. And if you don't think investing $600 for a PS3 and having a ton of Blu-ray movies at anywhere from $20 - $70 a movie/set of discs isn't putting a financial steak in anything, then you must get paid waaay more than I do. :D

Say good bye to Blu Ray player deals, say good bye to the rebate, say good bye to buy one get one free deals. Competition was good for us as consumers, but not that if its truly one format it will be time to make all the money back that they lost trying to win.

Say good bye to Blu Ray player deals, say good bye to the rebate, say good bye to buy one get one free deals. Competition was good for us as consumers, but not that if its truly one format it will be time to make all the money back that they lost trying to win.

I think they still have to be quite competetive. After all, they gotta go after DVD too if they want to keep surviving. It'll be a much longer and harder battle, but they gotta do it.

I wouldn't expect quite as many deals or buy one get ones, but I a think big thing that would help them would just be lower prices on movies in general.

I think they still have to be quite competetive. After all, they gotta go after DVD too if they want to keep surviving. It'll be a much longer and harder battle, but they gotta do it.

I wouldn't expect quite as many deals or buy one get ones, but I a think big thing that would help them would just be lower prices on movies in general.

They can't compete against DVD, they will get there asses handed to them if they do. A very large % of the houses don't have a HDTV so they have no need for this technology. This was all about getting established as the format of the future. DVD will dominate for years to come not only for the fact that the players are as much as 10 less expensive and most movies are at least 33% less. Most people don't want to ruch out and change, look how long it took DVD to overtake VHS something like 10 years? I dont expect to see any HD format even become an equal of DVD for at least 5 years.

It will be up to the CE companies and movie studios to create competition. Maybe Toshiba can produce an equally cheap BD player.

It will be up to the CE companies and movie studios to create competition. Maybe Toshiba can produce an equally cheap BD player.

That would be hard to do since they will have to pay licensing rights to make one and it was said since day on that HD-DVD players are cheaper to make due to technology the used vs the technology used for Blu-Ray.

Plus I don't think the studios had anything to do with the Buy one get one free deals, those deals were pushed by Sony and the Blu-Ray organization and they took the hit.

Plus I don't think the studios had anything to do with the Buy one get one free deals, those deals were pushed by Sony and the Blu-Ray organization and they took the hit.

Yep, they are the ones who took the hit. More product out there for them, but they did lose some $.

I'm not too mad, as I got my HD player for my Xbox a month ago for hardly anything. Less than a new video game. So not too much of a loss.

I was waiting to see if Blue Ray would win so that would give me a good enough excuse to get a PS3. At least a good enough excuse so that the wife LETS me get one. :lol

Now I can.

I'm not too mad, as I got my HD player for my Xbox a month ago for hardly anything. Less than a new video game. So not too much of a loss.

I was waiting to see if Blue Ray would win so that would give me a good enough excuse to get a PS3. At least a good enough excuse so that the wife LETS me get one. :lol

Now I can.

:rock :rock :rock

...I don't understand the gloat like people had a financial steak in it other than buying a player and some movies.
Oh I am gloating. And if you don't think investing $600 for a PS3 and having a ton of Blu-ray movies at anywhere from $20 - $70 a movie/set of discs isn't putting a financial steak in anything, then you must get paid waaay more than I do. :D

Hey guys, what's a 'Financial Steak'? :confused: Is that a Steak with money on top?

I think the word you fellows were looking for was 'Stake'

BLU-RAY FTW!!! :rock :D

Hey guys, what's a 'Financial Steak'? :confused: Is that a Steak with money on top?

I think the word you fellows were looking for was 'Stake'

BLU-RAY FTW!!! :rock :D

:rock :rock :rock

steak.jpg

steak.jpg

Back