Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am loving this piece more and more. I like everything about the way he looks.

Uniform? Awesome details and stitching!
Removable cape? Sweet!
Switch out heads? Both are cool! I actually prefer the matte silver color. Chrome would look cheap and cheesy to me.
Knife behind back? Quintessential snake-in-the-grass CC!
Base? Looks fine to me. I wouldn't mind if SS makes all Joe bases with the Joe logo and all future Cobra bases with the Cobra logo. Makes displaying them very easy to calculate.

What does this all add up to? Ordered!

Who cares about the base!? It seems fine to me. I have never had anyone say: WOW, what a great base. It's the head sculpt I'm concerned with. It will make or break this piece, and I really don't like the way it looks in the photos. It's bland, is it not?

Who cares about the base!? It seems fine to me. I have never had anyone say: WOW, what a great base. It's the head sculpt I'm concerned with. It will make or break this piece, and I really don't like the way it looks in the photos. It's bland, is it not?

I agree with you but disagree with no one saying "Wow, what a great base!". Jack Sparrow PF and the Indiana Jones PFs come to mind with great bases. There are a lot of pieces that have great bases. Again, I like the base on the CC and have no problem with it but there are better out there.

Agree with people that the hooded head is a disappointment. It just doesn't look convincing enough to me. Too cartoony. And from the pics so far the pose looks a little awkward as mentioned as well. Need to see the 360 degree to find out for sure.

The base is fine I think. Could it be better? Yes, but this is fine too.

Overall I'm still on the fence with this. Mainly because I really, really want to love it. I just don't yet.

I've gotten equal compliments to the statute of Jack S. and the base. Perhaps it's now fair to compair JS to CC, as JS is as much a part of his environment as he is standalone. I just think I really cool base transports the viewer even farther into the presentation. Even ToD Indy's base has enough significance to the film and the Mola Rom base matches so they look good together. There's a lot of Joe lore they could have drawn upon for a base.

I would prefer a base that looks more like an actual environment. They could have given him, say, a piece of red felt looking like carpet with a giant silver Cobra logo stamped on it which would have kept the iconic logo and made it look like he existed in a "real" world instead of being a giant chess piece or something. That way, he would have fit better with my other Marvel 1/4 scale statues that have "diorama"-type bases.

But, the base isn't the biggest deal to me. I just hope they stay consistent with the Joe line.

yet they could have taking ideas from the dioramas. It's one of the most sterile PF bases I've seen recently.

I still haven't made up my mind...

I feel like I should have maybe one PF at least, and since this is the first one, and such an iconic character, it'd be a nice one to have.

Now that they've gone and officially announced PFs, and I do end up getting this, I'd probably cancel the other dios I have on preorder. I'm glad I have SE vs Ninjas, don't get me wrong but I'm seriously rethinking the need for the other two upcoming ones, even if I am out the NRD on Cobra... While I COULD swing the money for all of this, in all honesty I could find better ways to spend it, and I don't want statues and PFs to dominate my GI Joe collection after all - they're action figures first and foremost in my books! But one PF and one dio might be nice to have.

Kind of a shame about the exclusive headsculpt. I always want to display my stuff with the exclusive accessory or whatever but in this case, the helmet looks so much better...

Base looks fine to me. I actually really like them using the Logo as the base to be honest. Could they have done more? Sure but the base really isn't gonna push me to buy or not to buy a piece to be honest.

As far as what IC said. I tend to agree with him that if things aren't a carbon copy of the 3 3/4 figures people get a bit touchy. Thats their right mind you so it is what it is.

Base looks good enough to me, I'd prefer a uniformed look to them. I also think this is more of a Resolute looking CC than anything else, I just hope/wish his pistol is behind his back. That would put it over the top for me Mean Gene. Very iconic looking piece, although the hooded sculpt still looks off to me. He looks super fat with that on. Non-Elite™ for me please.

This is going to sell and then when prices start to spike you're going have Joe's collectors running like a chicken with it's head cut off looking trying to get one at retail price. Then crying about flippers and all other sorts of things for them not being able to get one. Sideshow wouldn't have done this if they didn't think this line had a fighting chance to making them more $BREAD$. I'm glad they (Sideshow) have finally heard the cries of some of it's Joe's fan that wanted non-articulating Joe's statues...:yess: I don't want to pose are play with them. I just want them on display for the visual experience. I can play with them mentally, better than physically and that's fine with me.

LONG LIVE THE JOE'S PREMIUM FORMAT LINE!!!!

Yo JOE!!!!

Last edited:
I agree, I am not into posing stuff, which seriously calls into my logic about buy HT's Barney Ross, but besides that, I am PF forever. Still on the fence about this PF though. But wobbling...

I agree, I am not into posing stuff, which seriously calls into my logic about buy HT's Barney Ross, but besides that, I am PF forever. Still on the fence about this PF though. But wobbling...

Wobble to my side of the fence and fight the Joe's PF good fight with me...:lol

This is going to sell and then when prices start to spike you're going have Joe's collectors running like a chicken with it's head cut off looking trying to get one at retail price. Then crying about flippers and all other sorts of things for them not being able to get one. Sideshow wouldn't have done this if they didn't think this line had a fighting chance to make them more $BREAD$.
Of course, you could say they are doing the 1/6 backgrounds and dioramas because they think they will sell, but the evidence suggests that they don't. I don't think GI Joe is a big enough high end market to really cause huge sales of the statues, and I don't expect this is gonna become the next Doom PF by a long shot. But I do think the PFs will sell better than the dioramas because they're just cooler.

I bought 3 1/6's...the Barney, the ESB's Han Solo (because it was cheap) and Duncan McCleod. Since getting them, I haven't posed or done anything else. But every day I go over and check out my two PF's...they may not move, but they move me as they are friggin huge and definate conversation pieces. Same likely could be said about diorama's but I don't have any of those.

Of course, you could say they are doing the 1/6 backgrounds and dioramas because they think they will sell, but the evidence suggests that they don't. I don't think GI Joe is a big enough high end market to really cause huge sales of the statues, and I don't expect this is gonna become the next Doom PF by a long shot. But I do think the PFs will sell better than the dioramas because they're just cooler.

I hear you, but if my memory serve me right. Dr. Doom took a year or so to sale out right? Then when it did, it took off like wild fire on the 2nd market. I'm pretty sure that the Joe environment was a low cost/risk, high reward if it was a hit then great, but if not nothing really lost. Now 1/4 PF's are a lot higher risk than even the dioramas, but we both know that the characters they choose for the Snake Eyes dio' was a off, and the reason that hasn't done well. This CC PF has WIN, for lack of a better adjective writen all over it. But only time will tell, just as it did on the Dr. Doom PF.

Some are into 1:6th, some statues/pf, and some both. Just enjoy what you collect. I don't go an repose my 1:6th much at all but I still enjoy collecting that but I also enjoy statues. If I had to pick what I enjoy collecting as a whole anymore I'd probably lean a bit more to 1:6th than I would have years ago.

I hope this line does well but I'll be curious since the Joe line started with 1:6th and I think thats where the heart is at.

I hear you, but if my memory serve me right. Dr. Doom took a year or so to sale out right? Then when it did, it took off like wild fire on the 2nd market. I'm pretty sure that the Joe environment was a low cost/risk, high reward if it was a hit then great, but if not nothing really lost. Now 1/4 PF's are a lot high risk than even the dioramas, but we both know that the characters they choose for the Snake Eyes dio' was a off, and the reason that hasn't done well. This CC PF has WIN, for lack of a better adjective writen all over it. But only time will tell, just it did on the Dr. Doom PF.

No, he sold out at Comic-Con in 05. They actually had to change the ES on it cause they oversold between the Con and the site.

Back