Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... I loved the preview, but I'm not feeling it as much now with the full reveal. The arm behind the back pose just doesn't work with a cape. It just looks dorky. Instead of hiding a sinister secret or looking majestic. And not showing a pic of what that hand is holding is a major fail. Could be nothing. Could have swap out hands even, but who knows without pics. The sword hand is nice, but without a sheath, its a little odd for him to have the sword.

The hooded head isn't looking to great either. The folds where it meats the body looks kinda goofy. Like the mask is too long. I really would have like to see cloth tried on it. At this scale, its doable.

And I feel the base was a cop out. We could have gotten something really cool instead of just a generic Cobra logo. I would suspect all figures in the line with have either a Cobra or Joe logo. I would have prefered something more realistic (ie a themed base) like most PFs.

And of course the boots over stir-ups was a big mistake. So close to his classic uniform but that one things really blows it (dark coloring aside). I'm hoping this and the dio get this look out of their system so we can get one with the stir-ups and light colored uniform in 1:6 scale.

If this didn't have a NRD I would probably still order, but I'd really like to see more pics of this or perhaps even see it in person before comitting. I hate NRD too!

image.php

This thing is f-ing sweet!!! A must have!!!! Not digging the EX head the:(

I have to say (since I'm a kid of the 80's) that I grew up with G.I. Joe and never cared too much about the good guys, except Snake Eyes, but sure loved the bad guys...with Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Destro at the top.

Totally agree!! Cant wait for those PFS

Last edited:
I think it looks really cool, but out of principle I wont be buying

I wont be helping the 1:6 line ending up as a 1:4 line only

Kind of clunky and unnatural looking. Definitely not as good as Andy Bergholtz' Palisades statue which is more along the lines of what I was hoping for.

I like it, the hooded sculpt looks...weird. I haven't read the whole thread but is he holding his CC gun behind his back? :pray: Ordered me thinks.

Hmm. I want to love this PF. I really do. But one thing I've come to take note of whenever I see a modern Joe figure/statue is whether or not it says "Marvel/Hasbro," Devil's Due," or "ROC." From the preview I got a ARAH 1987 movie vibe. Now I think its leaning toward Devil's Due. :(

I don't like how SSC is copying and pasting outfit accessories from multiple eras and reboots. A lighter blue and stirrup pants would have been perfect. It looks "cool" but I'll have to see if its lack of classic Joe vibe grows on me before preordering.

The more I look at this piece the less stoked I am as I see more flaws and oversights. Glad someone commented about the lackluster base. It's almost a base like you'd get with a 1/6 scale. PF bases should always help set the mood by taking a piece, no pun intended, of the source material and putting the character on it. I mean the base to Jack Sparrow PF is almost like a whole stage with props!

I have no clue why some of you guys a complaining here? I like the cobra base. It's also smaller then most recent bases like Gambit therefore you can fit more on a shelf. I like that they went with the navy blue & not the baby blue. The crest size is fine too.

The only thing that SSC could change is chrome the mask instead of having it silver. Netherless, it's still a great piece.

Sigh.

SSC has said time and time again that the Joe line isn't a direct carbon copy of the RAH line or any other Joe era for that matter. It's an artistic interpretation of the Joe characters heavily inspired by RAH while taking the best elements from different sources . Yet here we are again, criticizing a piece because it doesn't look exactly like the 3 3/4 figure :dunno

Kind of clunky and unnatural looking. Definitely not as good as Andy Bergholtz' Palisades statue which is more along the lines of what I was hoping for.

Hmm. I want to love this PF. I really do. But one thing I've come to take note of whenever I see a modern Joe figure/statue is whether or not it says "Marvel/Hasbro," Devil's Due," or "ROC." From the preview I got a ARAH 1987 movie vibe. Now I think its leaning toward Devil's Due. :(

I don't like how SSC is copying and pasting outfit accessories from multiple eras and reboots. A lighter blue and stirrup pants would have been perfect. It looks "cool" but I'll have to see if its lack of classic Joe vibe grows on me before preordering.

I agree with both of you to some extent. He does seem a bit "stiffer" than I would like, and I think the hooded head magnifies that to the point where he looks more like Hooded Justice from the Watchmen than CC. Hooded head does not work for me.

In terms of the shade of blue used and the boots, it could be closer to the cartoon incarnation--which would be an improvement in my eyes. However:

To me, this is the cartoon version with slight Devil's Due-type modifications. Not the other way around. I'm leaning more and more toward buying this guy the more I see these pics.

SSC has said time and time again that the Joe line isn't a direct carbon copy of the RAH line or any other Joe era for that matter. It's an artistic interpretation of the Joe characters heavily inspired by RAH while taking the best elements from different sources . Yet here we are again, criticizing a piece because it doesn't look exactly like the 3 3/4 figure :dunno
Whatever Sideshow says they are doing, folks certainly have a right to dislike a piece if it strays too far from the material that their interest is based on to begin with. And that line is subjective.

I think the base is cool, I am not sure what else they would do with the base that would immediately make me place him in a certain place? I mean they had so many different environments and stuff that it would be hard, for me anyway, to pin point one that would screen CC. I think this was the best option they had to do with the base.

Back