Daredevil VS Punisher Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Mike pointed out that they announce (on average) 4 PFs a year. So in order for SS to divide the announcements up evenly throughout the year, should we see an unveiling within the first month of 2009? Then again, we did just have the Abomination PF announcement, but still....

Here is an announcement date for each PF announced/ordered in 2008. If they follow this schedule, we should have one in January. But as you say, since they just announced Abomination, I would be surprised if they announce another in under a month.

Red Skull 1/21
Thor 3/17
Mystique 6/16
Abomination 12/23

Here is an announcement date for each PF announced/ordered in 2008. If they follow this schedule, we should have one in January. But as you say, since they just announced Abomination, I would be surprised if they announce another in under a month.

Red Skull 1/21
Thor 3/17
Mystique 6/16
Abomination 12/23

That's good to know though. Thanks for the post. :rock

If they want to "stay on track" and divide the announcements up evenly, they will have to announce one in January, so it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Great choice of characters for this dio, IMO. These two clashing always formed the perfect dichotomy with their ideas of justice.

Kingpin could have been cool if done in the Romita Sr style, Bullseye is third tier, IMO.

I would have dropped the trench coat though as I'm tired of that whole goth/matrix/columbine look.

BB

Red Skull 1/21
Thor 3/17
Mystique 6/16
Abomination 12/23

I still think Red Skull deserves more love. It really is a very nice piece. I have an Ex Mystique on Preorder, but I may have to drop her due to lack of funds for everything coming out :eek:

Red Skull rocks, just switched him to holding the cube!!!! :rock

I have to give you credit there. Red Skull is the villain PF to own when it comes to pairing it up with a current superhero PF. Capt. and RS certainly compliment one another when displayed on the same shelf.

I have to give you credit there. Red Skull is the villain PF to own when it comes to pairing it up with a current superhero PF. Capt. and RS certainly compliment one another when displayed on the same shelf.

Hmm,

there's a RS on the bay for 275 BIN...

I just lost out on a Punisher PF that went for 355 (I bid 350) so now that RS at 275 is looking mighty good (I believe it's the Reg).

Oh, and there's a G-Hulk PF going for 1,500 and right below that one is one for 600 plus.

Oh, and there's a Doom for 2,500.00.....LOL....In this economy.

Was Doom made of Gold?

Hmm,

there's a RS on the bay for 275 BIN...

I just lost out on a Punisher PF that went for 355 (I bid 350) so now that RS at 275 is looking mighty good (I believe it's the Reg).

Oh, and there's a G-Hulk PF going for 1,500 and right below that one is one for 600 plus.

Oh, and there's a Doom for 2,500.00.....LOL....In this economy.

Was Doom made of Gold?

I think so. :rotfl

As for RS, I'd go for the Exclusive. I think someone here on the boards has one for around $320 shipped. And I've seen one or two recently for around that same price as well. The Exclusive is well worth it. (Plus you have the cosmic cube as a conversation piece.)

Edit: Darth Loki has one for $325 shipped in the For Sale thread.

Well, depending on how much I can save (especially nowadays), I would be pretty satisfied with the Reg. I like the cane better than the ice cube.

Thanks for the advise though, mucho appreciated.

:lol

Are you still sold on the regular Punisher PF over the Exclusive?

I have to disagree only slightly. Cap's lifted head makes it look awkward when displayed on the same shelf, it looks as if RS is facing him and Cap is looking to the stars for a response. I believe it was on StatueForum or somewhere when someone had Cap on a shelf and RS on a different shelf but higher in a Besta I believe that made it look as if Cap was looking up knowing he was there but they don't face off as well as they could have showing that RS was truly an afterthought attempt.

Thing and Hulk almost look as if they were made to go with one another but only slightly and if Green Goblin didn't have that stupid pumpkin he might be able to pull off going against Spidey but Abomination seems to be the only piece that was built specifically to make versus PFs.

My dream is for them to make a Mr. Fantastic PF seated with an exclusive Chess table piece that you could put together with Doom as if there was a meeting of the minds or something. Although that wouldn't go well with Ben...

I have to disagree only slightly. Cap's lifted head makes it look awkward when displayed on the same shelf, it looks as if RS is facing him and Cap is looking to the stars for a response. I believe it was on StatueForum or somewhere when someone had Cap on a shelf and RS on a different shelf but higher in a Besta I believe that made it look as if Cap was looking up knowing he was there but they don't face off as well as they could have showing that RS was truly an afterthought attempt.

Thing and Hulk almost look as if they were made to go with one another but only slightly and if Green Goblin didn't have that stupid pumpkin he might be able to pull off going against Spidey but Abomination seems to be the only piece that was built specifically to make versus PFs.

My dream is for them to make a Mr. Fantastic PF seated with an exclusive Chess table piece that you could put together with Doom as if there was a meeting of the minds or something. Although that wouldn't go well with Ben...

I definitely see your point about RS. That's my only issue with RS, but nonetheless, it'll have to do. I wonder if Sideshow thinks about the "interaction" of poses between a newly designed PF and its counterpart made long ago.

As for the Mr. Fantastic idea, you need to contact Sideshow on that one. That would make for one amazing "faceoff" of PFs. If that ever came to pass, I might be in the market for a Doom. Awesome idea, Mike. :rock

Definately Reg Punisher over Exc....100%

Absolutely don't like the Exc Punisher's shirt and base.

With RS, I could also live with the Reg to save money.

I agree 100%. That skinny skull on his shirt and base look silly to me. I ordered the regular version and never looked back. The Reg version is the only way to go.

I agree 100%. That skinny skull on his shirt and base look silly to me. I ordered the regular version and never looked back. The Reg version is the only way to go.

i'm sayin that for years now....no wonder the reg was sold out at ideshow wayyyyy before the ex who was still more limited..but the one to own was the reg.

I definitely see your point about RS. That's my only issue with RS, but nonetheless, it'll have to do. I wonder if Sideshow thinks about the "interaction" of poses between a newly designed PF and its counterpart made long ago.

As for the Mr. Fantastic idea, you need to contact Sideshow on that one. That would make for one amazing "faceoff" of PFs. If that ever came to pass, I might be in the market for a Doom. Awesome idea, Mike. :rock

This will never happen, it's the first time that I've ever seen Sideshow actually go out of their way to make something match up with Hulk and Abomination scenario for Marvel... They never accommodate to the collectors in this fashion...

You'll see a DD PF before this happens :rotfl

Punisher Reg: thumbs up
Red Skull Ex: thumbs up

I still think Red Skull deserves more love. It really is a very nice piece.
Red Skull rocks, just switched him to holding the cube!!!! :rock
Red Skull is the villain PF to own.

:rock:rock:rock

Skull is a great one, My favorite Marvel baddie PF. I own Cap but I don't display them together. This guy holds his own ground. All other villains tremble in fear. Why do you think doom looks so upset? :lol
My Red Skull brings all the girls to the yard,
And they're like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

2008_11210013.jpg

:rock:rock:rock

Skull is a great one, My favorite Marvel baddie PF. I own Cap but I don't display them together. This guy holds his own ground. All other villains tremble in fear. Why do you think doom looks so upset? :lol
My Red Skull brings all the girls to the yard,
And they're like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

2008_11210013.jpg

lolll..Awesome !!!

Anyone think this piece is more iconic than the WWH SS Dio?

I honestly don't know too much about the Punisher/Daredevil rivalry. And on the other hand, I've read Planet Hulk and World War Hulk.

So by default, I have to say that the Planet Hulk Dio. is more iconic. HOWEVER, that doesn't really mean much since I'm not too familiar with the other rivalry. I have a feeling that in the long run (and had I been further educated about the two showdowns), I'd go with DD and Punisher. :rock

Back