Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay to release Jack Bauer 24 figure

wgov86.jpg

is that one of the recast EB jack head enterbay was so pissed about awhile ago?

that's a pretty decent looking jason bourne you have.

Hey Breaker,

I received my day 7 clothes, and while the jacket fits fine, the pants are far too long. I would've had to pull his pants up to his chest Urkel-style for them to properly fit.

Have you had any issues with day 7 pants being too long for the figure's legs?

I thought something looked a bit odd about it... his eyes seem to be solid black and he doesn't seem to have much skin tone.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Hey Breaker,

I received my day 7 clothes, and while the jacket fits fine, the pants are far too long. I would've had to pull his pants up to his chest Urkel-style for them to properly fit.

Have you had any issues with day 7 pants being too long for the figure's legs?

Hey PacMan

I'm afraid that thats is how they are, a tad too long.

1st thing I thought when got them in.

WaiMan

It must be a re-cast, either that or someone was mental enough to think " jeez, these factory paint apps are awful - i know i'll re-paint it !":lol

In Prime's pics the Bauer head sculpt appears to have puffier cheeks. Could be the lighting and the angle of the shot though. The re-cast didn't look too bad on ebay, but I'm a fan of the show and have no regrets shelling out the cash for an authentic Enterbay Jack and David. However, I had to send my David Palmer body back to Enterbay so that they can replace or repair the broken ankle joint. When it gets back I might put David Palmer in Jacks old clothes, add a few tid bits here and there and bash up a Jonas "Snake Doctor" Blane.

Interesting. In hand how does it compare to the real deal?

Cast is almost the same but the texture is more rough and obviously the paint is no way on the same level as the original.

Can’t believe this is still happening, back in the day I used to deal in all the Fewture models and other mad Japanese gear and they were getting recasted left right and centre!!

Those scalpers are still at it!!!

Seems to be an inevitable part of the hobby... what surprises me is that Diver4 (notorious re-caster on eBay) is still in business.

Seems to be an inevitable part of the hobby... what surprises me is that Diver4 (notorious re-caster on eBay) is still in business.

I can see why Enterbay or any toy manufacturer would be highly pissed about it though. The artist spends a lot of time and effort creating the work and the end result is you essentially paying for a 1/6 scale works of art. If the company loses money from potential sales because people decide to go with a cheap knock off then the company could potentially tank in the long run. In the end we all lose out if the artist is unable or unwilling to create more work, and I personally think that the artist should be paid however much he or she feels their work is worth, which I guess is the reason for the premium prices on Enterbay figure sets. If they price their figures more competitively then perhaps they run the risk of producing less than quality work from whatever sculptors, painters, tailors they can find. I can't imagine great sculptors like Arnie Kim or Kojun willing to put in their hard work for peanuts. Sad reality in this hobby, but I guess it is what it is. We're lucky to have such fine talent working for companies like Enterbay and Hot Toys, and I guess I don't mind paying the asking price especially knowing not everyone and their mother and can have one, and they are, in essence, little works of fine art. Otherwise we might as well go back to the days when the 1/6 figures looked like mass produced cheap toys. I know I'm guilty of buying a cheap knock off or two, but when you're a newb in this hobby you really don't know any better, so that's been my excuse. lol But I ain't saying nothing most of you don't already know, so I'll just shut up now.

Last edited:

Totally agree with your point, do companies like Enterbay take out copyrights on their products ?, if so they should go gunning for these guys !.
Would a company like Enterbay ever sell unpainted heads at a lower price point to help customisers with shallow pockets ?

Totally agree with your point, do companies like Enterbay take out copyrights on their products ?, if so they should go gunning for these guys !.
Would a company like Enterbay ever sell unpainted heads at a lower price point to help customisers with shallow pockets ?

EB did say they gonna sic the law dogs on these guys. (If they don't jack bauer probably will. his likeness is most likely copy righted)

They have copyright, and they have gunned them down, there was one in Singapore that had the Bauer heads AND ripoffs of my Bruce Lee bases!!
https://breakersrevenge.blogspot.com/2009/05/fake-onesixthbruce-bases-be-aware.html

Was threatned and the seller took the ebay listing down, but I bet he will put them back up as someone else!

Heads at a lower price from Enterbay - I dont think so.

Interesting. In hand how does it compare to the real deal?

Heres the knock off jack bauer head next to my real enterbay except HT rocky and beany bash but thats a real enterbay beany head ..IMO recast jack paint is pretty dam good

3090xm0.jpg

Last edited:

I thought something looked a bit odd about it... his eyes seem to be solid black and he doesn't seem to have much skin tone.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

realy check it out close up shot of mexican senior jack bauer , look at the flesh paint its got different shade of color just like a real persons skin
2z68dc5.jpg

check out the eye and pupils its got three colors , dam mexican senior jack got some bad ass paint job
29orcqe.jpg

Last edited:

Damn. That looks pretty quality right there. I would say that the eyes don't appear to have "life" like the authentic EB Bauer head, but it's still a pretty good copy. I guess if you're on a budget and really want a nice Bauer bash of your own, and don't feel guilty about buying knock-offs, then go for it.

Here's what I mean about the eyes...

ebjackbauer13.jpg

ebjackbauer14.jpg

And David Palmer thrown in just because...

ebdavidpalmer00.jpg

I really love the subtle attention to detail, so no regrets going legit with this purchase.

Last edited:
Back