ENTERBAY - The Dark Knight - Joker 1/4 HD Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the T-800 had gotten an all-in-one head/neck. Damned jawline. An unfortunate and needless blight on that figure IMO.

Again though, as has been said by a few people, we're really not seeing anything at high-end 1:4 scale that can't be done at 1:6. Heck, far as I'm concerned we could be looking at 1:6 HT sculpts in this pic.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

:lecture

IMO Enterbay really should have done rooted hair on Joker, for example, something to make it stand out.

And on Batman like i've suggested before, a removable cowl could be something to truly set it apart from the 1/6 figures, and really should be doable at this scale in a realistic way.

As of right now the only difference between 1/6 and 1/4 is the size and the fact that some accessories will be metal :dunno

:(:(:(

EB will be at the Diamond stand, eh? I would infer that that means Diamond will be distributing their products, and that comic shops (online and otherwise) will be able to order from them. It also suggests that Sideshow will not be distributing these items.

I wish the T-800 had gotten an all-in-one head/neck. Damned jawline. An unfortunate and needless blight on that figure IMO.

Again though, as has been said by a few people, we're really not seeing anything at high-end 1:4 scale that can't be done at 1:6. Heck, far as I'm concerned we could be looking at 1:6 HT sculpts in this pic.

:goodpost: i guess we'll just have to see how the final product turns out...

EB preorder exclusive's gonna be raccoon eye paint you dribble over the Christian Bale's face for when you put the cowl on.

Plus you can already see EB's trying harder to shoot for real accuracy. Christian Bale's sculpted nose has the crookedness which is true to life. Hot Toy's current Bale sculpt doesn't have it because they like to prettify and make everybody flawless while retaining visible traits of the characters/people.

IMO Enterbay really should have done rooted hair on Joker, for example, something to make it stand out.

I think that was definitely considered, but they ended up dropping it, as I dont think they are confident in doing mass produced rooted hair, and have half of the buyer complaining how the hair isnt thin enough, side part/middle part, messy hair, not enough wave on hair etc.

Oh god no! Hell No. I wouldn't even consider it at all if it were rooted. Might as well be a doll then and find yourself brushing it. Yuck!

I don't get this trauma people have with real hair making figures into dolls :lol

These are high end collectibles, they're supposed to look as 'real' as possible. Real hair is just another step towards achieving that.

Just a heads up for people who are going to SDCC

Enterbay will have a presence there!! on the Diamond Comics stand!!

Read into that what you will ^__^

Diamond comics so they are looking to be the distributors for Enterbay, who is the current distributor for Enterbay in the US anyway I know BBTS carries their products but I thought they just import it like any other retailer.

EB is at HK comic con this July 24-26 or so not sure exact date :D BAT nd Joker will be available to buy, with mystery gift only if purchase at the con . ^^

I'd sincerely hope that they'd offer the mystery gift in the package deal, as well. I'd hate to think that folks who are shelling out the cash for two figures are missing out because of where they're located.

And on Batman like i've suggested before, a removable cowl could be something to truly set it apart from the 1/6 figures, and really should be doable at this scale in a realistic way.

i do like the idea, and i'm sure it's been discussed before, but did anyone come up with a good solution for the racoon eyes, apart from a second head?

it reminds of that scene at the end of batman returns where keaton rips the cowl off. one scene, his eyes are totally dark, then next shot there are suddenly massive areas of skin exposed under the mask :lol

These are high end collectibles, they're supposed to look as 'real' as possible. Real hair is just another step towards achieving that.
I don't agree with that. High end = high quality in my mind. Gritty realism matters to some in some contexts, but not to all in all contexts. If you gave the figures a realistic sweaty smell, anatomical correctness when not dressed, etc., they might be more realistic, but I wouldn't personally be interested.

The hair debate will never end I guess. I personally think it is a bit weird. Not judging those who like it, that's just how I feel about the collectibles themselves, and I don't want them. I admit that all HT figures are essentially dolls in their way, and can understand the perspective of folks who don't like them because of their doll-like characteristics.

I'd sincerely hope that they'd offer the mystery gift in the package deal, as well. I'd hate to think that folks who are shelling out the cash for two figures are missing out because of where they're located.

the gift is exclusive to the comic con, not available at EB store .:dunno

Now that is a good heath ledger joker likeness!it should look like heath from every angle,hot toys aolways look great looking straight foward but turn the head and its not so good.

i do like the idea, and i'm sure it's been discussed before, but did anyone come up with a good solution for the racoon eyes, apart from a second head?

it reminds of that scene at the end of batman returns where keaton rips the cowl off. one scene, his eyes are totally dark, then next shot there are suddenly massive areas of skin exposed under the mask :lol

Well there's no way to do it other than 2 heads.

1 Bruce head with slicked back hair and raccoon eyes - it's only purpose really would be to sit inside the cowl, no real display purpose on its own. But the fact that the cowl would be removable and separate from the head will in and of itself add a huge layer of realism IMO.

2nd Bruce head with normal hair and normal paint.

I don't agree with that. High end = high quality in my mind. Gritty realism matters to some in some contexts, but not to all in all contexts. If you gave the figures a realistic sweaty smell, anatomical correctness when not dressed, etc., they might be more realistic, but I wouldn't personally be interested.

The hair debate will never end I guess. I personally think it is a bit weird. Not judging those who like it, that's just how I feel about the collectibles themselves, and I don't want them. I admit that all HT figures are essentially dolls in their way, and can understand the perspective of folks who don't like them because of their doll-like characteristics.

Well there's a big difference between
1. realism in the sense of visual aspects, i.e. real hair, lack of joints etc - things you can actually see when you look at / photograph it. AND
2. Things like anatomical correctness and smell etc

Things under category 2 are useless because it does nothing for how real it looks. To me these things are meant to be displayed so how they look is the only thing that matters.

Anyhow, we can agree to disagree :lol

I don't get this trauma people have with real hair making figures into dolls :lol

These are mass produced, not individually hand styled by the artist/artist's wife like what Bob/Adam had previously done.

The Joker's hair is thin and you can see parts of his scalp painted, and some styled strands of hair. Which would take a lot of time and quality control to be accurate. I dont think its as easy as say, HT baby doll's hair or HT black widow's hair.

Well there's no way to do it other than 2 heads.

1 Bruce head with slicked back hair and raccoon eyes - it's only purpose really would be to sit inside the cowl, no real display purpose on its own. But the fact that the cowl would be removable and separate from the head will in and of itself add a huge layer of realism IMO.

2nd Bruce head with normal hair and normal paint.

did you ever see the henry wayne burton batman figs? i think seb acquired and modded one in his thread. but they had the removable cowl feature, and it looked good, but was never quite snug. it worked for the most part because the burton cowls were rubbery. i'm not sure it would work as well for this one though. wasn't the cowl pretty solid? if you were to make it removable just as batman would supposedly remove it himself (not how the prop dept. would remove it from bale), i think it would have to sit pretty loose, no?

EB is at HK comic con this July 24-26 or so not sure exact date :D BAT nd Joker will be available to buy, with mystery gift only if purchase at the con . ^^

If that is when they will be there then they'll have missed the show by over a week :lol

These will be available at the con though huh? Thats not going to be pretty methinks. But I might just have to try for one. Whats the price on these? Anyone know yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back