Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if these have been posted before:

1010181227ee1afdb58eedadd5.jpg

10101812274298088d95f8d434.jpg

Looks like they made a new head for the BD version...doesn't look as long as the ones from the original proto pics

The battle damage chest plate is different. A lot better IMHO, especially now you can see directly into the chest.

can't see any difference, except different camera angles and head positioning.

Clearly, it's an entirely different head. Shorter, and with a significantly smaller jaw. It has nothing to do with the camera angles or the head positioning.

Hot Toys used and altered BD Mk3 head on the prototype (wich is, on the BD Mk3, clearly different from the clean one). The one on the last display is a new sculpt based on the clean MK6 helmet. They add to move forward on this because unlike the BD MK3, both faceplates will be removable on the MK6 and they obviously can't use different sculpts for the helmets.

Clearly, it's an entirely different head. Shorter, and with a significantly smaller jaw. It has nothing to do with the camera angles or the head positioning.

Hot Toys used and altered BD Mk3 head on the prototype (wich is, on the BD Mk3, clearly different from the clean one). The one on the last display is a new sculpt based on the clean MK6 helmet. They add to move forward on this because unlike the BD MK3, both faceplates will be removable on the MK6 and they obviously can't use different sculpts for the helmets.

it's a good theory, but requesting a source on that info.?

I can see some subtle differences in head shape, but I'm not prepared to call them different sculpts just yet. that CAN be caused by positioning, camera angles, and shadows, as evidenced by the "wolverine fiasco"

well, it could be the angle and we'll never know for sure until more pics surface..but i still think its a new sculpt, partly because of the subtle differences in the scratches on the bd head, and also well, in these two poses both heads are turned and dare i say they look significantly different...:

Iron-Man-2-Mark-Vi-12.jpg

1010181227ee1afdb58eedadd5.jpg

keeping my fingers crossed though and here's hoping the proto bd head doesn't make it into the final product

I hazard to say the difference is probably due to lens distortion. Different camera's different lenses or even same camera different lenses. Pictures can say a thousand words and many of them can be lies.

Maybe a side by side comparison will help to clear this up:

sanstitre2wxg.jpg

Once more, since the clean and damaged faceplates will be switchable, and since the "clean" helmet looks a lot different than the damaged one in the prototype pics, they will have to go with a similar shape, unlike the BD MK3 wich has the normal clean head and the "wide jaw, longer" BD helmet.

Still looks fraking awesome thats all I got to say. I've got two coming so I can display both so I'm stoked as a mofo to get this.

Maybe a side by side comparison will help to clear this up:

sanstitre2wxg.jpg

Once more, since the clean and damaged faceplates will be switchable, and since the "clean" helmet looks a lot different than the damaged one in the prototype pics, they will have to go with a similar shape, unlike the BD MK3 wich has the normal clean head and the "wide jaw, longer" BD helmet.

It does make sense to do that. You can see here that it now looks pretty much the same as the clean helmet with battle damage. Note the lens of the eyes are wider too.

I know it's being picky, but I hope they still change the chest plate before release, as it's not quite as accurate as I'd like it to be. There's too much black around the bullet holes (it was more accurate on the prototype) and the big 'scar' on the right side shouldn't have 4 strips going across it. Maybe they had to do that for manufacturing reasons?

The head looks spot on now though! :)

Isn't there something wrong with the chin on the new helmet? I think it's missing the small trapezoid on the chin.

Back