Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't fit that good at all on the Phicen and even worse on a HOT STUFF body :lecture

I would post pics but last time I did of my examples, I saw such negative feedback and annoying rants and disgusting remarks that took up so many pages of this thread that I don't want to see that waste of nonsense on this thread ever again.

I enjoyed them guyver. One thing I have noticed about SSF forum is that its still in its virginity stage as a whole when it comes to NSFW figures and statues. I mean you just dont see much of it at all around here. Im okay with that and what you posted wasnt even that bad IMO. Somebody's got to pop the cherry right? Lol I just hope it doesnt turn into OSW forums. I went there once and stumbled into the adult section and saw **** I really wish I wouldnt of. I mean there are some collectors who take "lifelike" to a whole other level with their 1/6 figures. Yikes!!! But anyway keep up the good work:)

Omg I just went to the adult section of osw. Hahahaha wow they have a girl figure sitting on the toilet and the toilet had either vomit or feces in the water. Guyver's pics were g rated compared to this and they weren't even:horror to begin with

Omg I just went to the adult section of osw. Hahahaha wow they have a girl figure sitting on the toilet and the toilet had either vomit or feces in the water. Guyver's pics were g rated compared to this and they weren't even:horror to begin with

See what I mean! :lol Some sick **** in there!

I enjoyed them guyver. One thing I have noticed about SSF forum is that its still in its virginity stage as a whole when it comes to NSFW figures and statues. I mean you just dont see much of it at all around here. Im okay with that and what you posted wasnt even that bad IMO. Somebody's got to pop the cherry right? Lol I just hope it doesnt turn into OSW forums. I went there once and stumbled into the adult section and saw **** I really wish I wouldnt of. I mean there are some collectors who take "lifelike" to a whole other level with their 1/6 figures. Yikes!!! But anyway keep up the good work:)

I know that feeling, I accidentaly ended up there once.
I'm not the same person I used to be... :horror some really weird s*** is going one there :lol

Thanks man :wave my attentions are never to mock the female body, there is always going to be some concerns on a female 1/6 figure about it being worth the money, anatomically correct, does it still retain it's form while being posable etc, etc.

What I try to do is display the figure so it still answers all these questions as well as show the detail in the piece to reassure the collectors that these pieces are sometimes worth the money.

IMO HT's has excelled in the art of producing female figures. And I've collected virtually many conceivable brand of posable female collectible figures from companies such as BBI, Dragon, SS, Phicen, Hot Stuff, Play Arts, Cy Girls etc. And HT's imo has really stepped it up, yeah there are the joint parts as compared to phicen, but I think this BW piece is a specialized body and I think that HT's is getting into the art of customizing their 1/6 bodies to the actual character. I can tell you there is a significant difference between the BabyDoll and Widow.

So what I decided to do is to end the curiosity on my Phicen and HSTF body theory with this pic modified from the original of course but gets my meaning across without it being a offensive

Under a light

Last edited:
Thanks man :wave my attentions are never to mock the female body, there is always going to be some concerns on a female 1/6 figure about it being worth the money, anatomically correct, does it still retain it's form while being posable etc, etc.

What I try to do is display the figure so it still answers all these questions as well as show the detail in the piece to reassure the collectors that these pieces are sometimes worth the money.

IMO HT's has excelled in the art of producing female figures. And I've collected virtually many conceivable brand of posable female collectible figures from companies such as BBI, Dragon, SS, Phicen, Hot Stuff, Play Arts, Cy Girls etc. And HT's imo has really stepped it up, yeah there are the joint parts as compared to phicen, but I think this BW piece is a specialized body and I think that HT's is getting into the art of customizing their 1/6 bodies to the actual character. I can tell you there is a significant difference between the BabyDoll and Widow.

First of all I loved your pics, for a while it felt like you were the only one that made customs, good customs. The interrogation costume was my favourite :clap

5f22e5a0-deb5-4a30-9f94-888bca6c5c23.jpg

And I agree with that, I have BD and BW I love them both of course but they are really different

First of all I loved your pics, for a while it felt like you were the only one that made customs, good customs. The interrogation costume was my favourite :clap

And I agree with that, I have BD and BW I love them both of course but they are really different

Thanks, here is my WIP of my BD version after lightening the lips (Thanks for the idea Robbiethepainter) and lightening the eyes, I know it's hard to tell in these shots and tinting the hair but I'm really starting to see the uniqueness of this HS and it can capture the essence of Scar in IMO or at least Scar as Widow in the Avengers :lecture

This is still a WIP, still got work on the lips and re add the cut on the bottom lip etc. reapply more dust to the suit as well, but you get the point.

Last edited:
Just got my 3rd black widow in, have 2 MISB, hmmm think im gonna have to crack one open soon

Y'know, that Hawkeye figure just down right pis ses me off.

I didn't buy him 'cos I don't really like him, he's a dumpy looking troll of a character, (IMHO).

But now I've got most of the rest of the team either in hand, or on pre-order. It just seems wrong not to add him in, but I want him to be a "cheap Pick up", $150 kinda figure.... Damn you Hot Toys! Don't make me spend a fortune on a frickin munchkin faced gimp!

I definitely think they made less of Hawkeye and Fury at least. They were still dealing with the glut of the 2011/2012 released figures where everything sat around for months, and probably went conservative with the production numbers, especially since they were the first ones released under the Avengers line and they weren't the popular characters.

Of course since then there's been another huge influx of Hot Toys fans/collectors, which helped fuel the aftermarket prices.

Back