Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm envious of those of you that have a local comic store to buy these from. My local comics store is decent but they only have a limited amount of statues and they're quite highly priced. No Hot Toys figures. And when I say local, it's a thirty minute drive. =/

I got Black Widow yesterday along with Loki. This was a case where the wait list paid off for me as I got her for cost. Before completely giving up on a figure you missed, if you can, try the waitlist.

I think she is really nice, although I DID have to futz with the hair a bit out of the box as I had one curl that wanted to hang really far out there.

20130518_211424_zpsfcc77b33.jpg

20130518_211439_zps4d75e1cf.jpg

I'm envious of those of you that have a local comic store to buy these from. My local comics store is decent but they only have a limited amount of statues and they're quite highly priced. No Hot Toys figures. And when I say local, it's a thirty minute drive. =/

Yea it's about 30-45 minutes to my nearest one. Prices aren't that good on most things there either.

I got Black Widow yesterday along with Loki. This was a case where the wait list paid off for me as I got her for cost. Before completely giving up on a figure you missed, if you can, try the waitlist.

I think she is really nice, although I DID have to futz with the hair a bit out of the box as I had one curl that wanted to hang really far out there.

Those are REALLY good pics!
And her hair looks great. Well done with the hair styling there.
I have a spare sculpt coming and i am going to go to town with that one.

I attempted one a while ago. Excuse the elbow pads but I hate the arm joints

The Sarah Connor body had arm sleeves to hide the joints, however some people experiences tearing at the elbows when trying to pose it. I have had mine on display in a Detolf for several years with no signs of it tearing though.

What did you do for feet on the Widow's body?

Has anyone tried putting her head on a Phicen body to see if they're compatible? Or at least, how much modification the neck will need?

Has anyone tried putting her head on a Phicen body to see if they're compatible? Or at least, how much modification the neck will need?

Um there was a picture of her on a seamless body like a hundred pages back. The neck looked long and the skin tones were off.

They don't fit that good at all on the Phicen and even worse on a HOT STUFF body :lecture

IMO the neck post on the phicen and HSF was just not made for a HS from HT's especially the Widow's HS.:slap

The problem is the neck post used on the Phicen and Hot Stuff is not only too narrow for the HT's HS it's too short.

You can fit it, but it will clearly fall off and it is extremely wobbly on both bodies.

IMO if you want to fit the HS onto any of these bodies, you need to cut into the skin and neck region and remove the neck piece out completely.

I don't recommend this at all! :slap

I would post pics but last time I did of my examples, I saw such negative feedback and annoying rants and disgusting remarks that took up so many pages of this thread that I don't want to see that waste of nonsense on this thread ever again.

Last edited:
They don't fit that good at all on the Phicen and even worse on a HOT STUFF body :lecture

IMO the neck post on the phicen and HSF was just not made for a HS from HT's especially the Widow's HS.:slap

The problem is the neck post used on the Phicen and Hot Stuff is not only too narrow for the HT's HS it's too short.

You can fit it, but it will clearly fall off and it is extremely wobbly on both bodies.

IMO if you want to fit the HS onto any of these bodies, you need to cut into the skin and neck region and remove the neck piece out completely.

I don't recommend this at all! :slap

I would post pics but last time I did of my examples, I saw such negative feedback and annoying rants and disgusting remarks that took up so many pages of this thread that I don't want to see that waste of nonsense on this thread ever again.

Thanks for the in-depth reply, that sucks that the bodies don't really work out. the seamless Phicen bodies look like they'd make for some cool customs if they worked with the HT HS's.

Back