Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh not in a panic its just odd. Even got my invoice at midnight which was also strange. Pre ordered when it first come up for pre order

I pre-ordered in april.
My invoice came yesterday morning at 11:07.
And my notice of delivery for tomorrow came today at 17:06.
So if you were charged last night at midnight, i'd expect a message tomorrow morning at 0600 saying saturday delivery.
Or maybe monday.

I pre-ordered in april.
My invoice came yesterday morning at 11:07.
And my notice of delivery for tomorrow came today at 17:06.
So if you were charged last night at midnight, i'd expect a message tomorrow morning at 0600 saying saturday delivery.
Or maybe monday.

Will most likely be Monday, Saturday deliveries cost more. Well no biggy, probably got a backlog after bank holiday

Will most likely be Monday, Saturday deliveries cost more. Well no biggy, probably got a backlog after bank holiday

That is strange, I just ordered mine yesterday and it was dispatched today, I'm sure you will get the email soon.

For sure.
I only ordered from Modelzone to hedge my bets.
I ordered two from my usual guy in NY, one of which arrived last week.
Second one shipped yesterday, and i expect it will be here on monday, and the one from Modelzone will be here tomorrow.
I also have a spare head, and a spare body for a Helicarrier custom to go with Helicarrier-arrival Cap(And Banner eventually).

IMG_3471_zps2003c4ff.jpg~original

Wrap your sound receptors around episode eight folks!
Hot Toys Avengers, Thor, Black Widow and Loki along with 3A Halo and Tomashii Nations C3PO.

It is up now on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-hottoycast/id571814459
Website contain all podcasts:
https://www.podcasts.com/the_hottoycast
Direct link:
https://eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The Hottoycast Episode Eight.m4a

Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg

Another really good podcast Eamon (this is the second I've heard). Didn't agree with all the opinions expressed, specially about Loki...but hey! Each to their own. Please continue. Also, I am having a blast catching up with your previous contributions and they are very good too.

Your voice reminds me of that of Andrew Maxwell, whose humour I appreciate very much.

I just bought her Sunday night from BBTS and she's to be delivered Monday. I know it's not a long time but the wait is killing me lol I was finally convinced to purchase her after seeing everyone's great photos of her.

waiting for mine from ModelZone as well - i got in stock notification email on Tuesday, another email on Wednesday confirming the order? and have been charged for it but not heard anything more.. little odd.

Well I have no doubts you will get yours in the next few days guys.
It will be a great day when everyone has theirs. Of course that generally means they are all sold out by then.
I opened the modelzone box on mine and made sure the Widow shipper was in there.

just got my dispatch email.. should be here on Monday.. only two avengers left now!

I ordered a second BW from MZ on Weds and it arrived yesterday. Great fast service, and I got cashback on it too! It seems like this one took forever to reach the UK, but it's good to hear that they are finally making it over here eventually.

Anyone had theirs from osb yet?

My Black Widow took ages to get here and now my Loki is delayed.

I think UK Costumes are holding stuff for longer these days which sucks of course.
I would actually like to challange HMRC on the legality of delaying a product when you pay for it to get to you buy a certain time.

I would imagine OSB's stock is being held up.

My Black Widow took ages to get here and now my Loki is delayed.

I think UK Costumes are holding stuff for longer these days which sucks of course.
I would actually like to challange HMRC on the legality of delaying a product when you pay for it to get to you buy a certain time.

I would imagine OSB's stock is being held up.

I was talking to Frank from Moebius Models a while back. He said that customs are legally allowed to enter any cargo freight container to search(Quite right too, of course).
Of course, they are allowed to do whatever they want. They take no care whatsoever opening shipping boxes.
He said that if there is one "suspicious" word on the manifest, they open up a "representative sample" of the whole container.
One such example was the Battlestar Galactica MKII Viper. Because it contained the word "Viper", the customs guys opened the container, and opened about a quarter of all shipping boxes. The contents of each box were entire cases of model kits. All were inexpertly cut open and searched for snakes...
They weren't even put back. And Frank got a charge notice for the cost of their labour.
I think he had upwards of 100 Viper model kits where the boxes had been destroyed to check the contents.
The cost of those has to be amortised over the rest of sales.
I would not be surprised if "Black Widow" got torn open by customs too...

Anyone had theirs from osb yet?

No, I've not ordered from OSB in a long time. Think the last figure I got from OSB was DX Indy which had been opened prior to being shipped. I wasn't impressed.

I am waiting for my other BW from Collectibles Direct though, which should be here sometime next week, so they've certainly not reached all the UK stores yet.

Last edited:
No, I've not ordered from OSB in a long time. Think the last figure I got from OSB was DX Indy which had been opened prior to being shipped. I wasn't impressed.

I am waiting for my other one from Collectibles Direct though, which should be here sometime next week.

Is that direct collectibles?
Do you pay up front or when it comes in stock?

Back