Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to Frank from Moebius Models a while back. He said that customs are legally allowed to enter any cargo freight container to search(Quite right too, of course).
Of course, they are allowed to do whatever they want. They take no care whatsoever opening shipping boxes.
He said that if there is one "suspicious" word on the manifest, they open up a "representative sample" of the whole container.
One such example was the Battlestar Galactica MKII Viper. Because it contained the word "Viper", the customs guys opened the container, and opened about a quarter of all shipping boxes. The contents of each box were entire cases of model kits. All were inexpertly cut open and searched for snakes...
They weren't even put back. And Frank got a charge notice for the cost of their labour.
I think he had upwards of 100 Viper model kits where the boxes had been destroyed to check the contents.
The cost of those has to be amortised over the rest of sales.
I would not be surprised if "Black Widow" got torn open by customs too...

Jesus! That's just a bit fascist isn't it.

I guess you got also take into consideration the kinds of poeple who do these jobs and the IQ level. Which is not white wash all costumes workers as being thick but in my experience, they can be. You add bad moods and powertrips to that, and you are in world of pooh right there!

My Waitlist for BW on SSC got canceled. :(

So they're officially out?

I believe so. They would only cancel a WL if they cannot commit. so they must be completely out of stock after "checking inventory" for the 100th time.

Sorry to hear that, but as people pointed out, others may still have them somewhere.

Good Luck!

I think I must be one of a few not pulling zipper down further than how I got it which is like the movie.

I personally think she looks tacky with her clevage out like that.

My 21 year old self just ***** slapped me!

I am starting to feel like I that having this Black Widow is making me want to go on a shopping spree for her. Ever since I got her I have been buying a couple of 1/6 scale military weapons. Now I find myself browsing around on BlackOpsToys website and their ebay shop looking for multiple guns and rifles to give this BW an armory of her own. Man I need a real girlfriend to spend my money on. :lol

I am starting to feel like I that having this Black Widow is making me want to go on a shopping spree for her...Now I find myself browsing around...looking for multiple guns and rifles to give this BW an armory of her own...:lol

Funny, I must say I am in the same boat. After acquiring Loki's scepters, I have been looking at 1/6 pistols, pistols with silencer, rifles on eBay hoping to one day outfit her. Then I realized the one BFG she really needs is the in-universe destroyer gun from Agent Coulson. So that puts her armory plans on hold for now. I also find weapons from the just announced Roadblock to fit her quite nicely...so, I know exactly how you feel :exactly:

I think I must be one of a few not pulling zipper down further than how I got it which is like the movie.

I personally think she looks tacky with her clevage out like that.

My 21 year old self just ***** slapped me!

Well, it's true to the comics for her to wear it further down than the movie version.

Personally, I favor a moderate cleavage, somewhere in between. I mean, have you seen the level of detail on the rubber skin's texture? Meant to be shown, at least a bit.

Back