Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he was just kidding. Don't you see the azz in his sigline?

Whether he was or not, some might not like the creativity in it, and I'm not going to let this end up a thread of about six pages long with bad remarks on my photos again, so I'll scratch the idea.

I didn't mind a couple of bad critiques last time but almost five pages of nonsense was annoying and a waste of this good thread's space. And when some poster moved the pictures to another thread that was degrading. So I don't want to offend anyone anymore, so I'll respect the thread.

Sorry for those who actually like it, it's not worth the trouble, so I'll stick to what works

B59D3FDF-BF25-4494-8E28-FDED7DCBFB05-4361-0000078E647F1D6E.jpg

I never noticed it until I was moving my Black Widow from Ironman 2 to my case that is mostly Ironman, to replace her with the Black Widow from Avengers to my case with mostly every other Marvel character what a height difference there is. The Avengers version is so much shorter. She went from being as tall as Captain America (TFA version, and that's with the extra long foot pegs) down to able the height of his eyes.

Is it the length of the legs, foot pegs, or the shoes? I would check myself, but I'm not undressing either figure to find out. Do you guys that have been customizing the figure know?

I never noticed it until I was moving my Black Widow from Ironman 2 to my case that is mostly Ironman, to replace her with the Black Widow from Avengers to my case with mostly every other Marvel character what a height difference there is. The Avengers version is so much shorter. She went from being as tall as Captain America (TFA version, and that's with the extra long foot pegs) down to able the height of his eyes.

Is it the length of the legs, foot pegs, or the shoes? I would check myself, but I'm not undressing either figure to find out. Do you guys that have been customizing the figure know?

If anything I think the height is fine, Scar is a very short semi petite girl, watch the Avengers again, next to Evans, she's small and even Evans isn't the tallest like Hemsworth.

In IM2 Paltrow towered over Scar and they both wore heels. I think on the Blu ray behind the scenes for IM2, Faveau mentioned he had to put higher boots on Scar because she was way too small to fight against the stunt doubles in the action scenes for the throwing parts.

If anything I think HT's wanted to make this figure more in height accuracy to Scar's body. And you know I made numerous customs of her body already.

Even though we never saw this in IM2, I'm sure if the two were in this pose it would be pretty close height wise IMO.
DSC01418.jpg

No denying this shot
2A400B95-ECDE-41B0-88FE-A23CAAD4CC94-1560-0000005A855DA557.jpg

Last edited:

On the BW IM2 figure, the lower body torso is too long, upper thigh is too long, and possibly the shin too.
I think it was back when they only made one female body.
Now they have a number of different torso pieces, and usually new chest/neck piece for each figure.
BW 2.0 looks a lot closer to the Babydoll body type than the "Alice with bigger chesticles" type of the original release.

I just wanted to know what mechanical way the one figure is taller than the other. :thud:

Oh sorry, body wise the IM2 version was a mold from the second version of the female true type which was just created as a base to stand next to the male versions, I'm pretty sure that mold was pretty generic and in no way accurate to Scar's body at all. Having done customs on both versions I noticed this.

The intent on the avengers version was to match Scar's body which is why they described it as a " Specially developed new type "body for this version and it is, it's even slightly different than Babydoll's in many ways.

I'm thinking the boot pegs are to give the figure more height as if Scar was wearing bigger boots to make her taller. :lecture

If you put the three different body molds together you will see the significant difference.
15DF439A-8C3F-427E-A8CD-FB863E7ECFBF-1560-00000060FD9AB556.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

The booty is way off in IM2 version as well
40b8ac53-352b-4084-bbc3-06ba472d11db.jpg

Last edited:
On the BW IM2 figure, the lower body torso is too long, upper thigh is too long, and possibly the shin too.
I think it was back when they only made one female body.
Now they have a number of different torso pieces, and usually new chest/neck piece for each figure.
BW 2.0 looks a lot closer to the Babydoll body type than the "Alice with bigger chesticles" type of the original release.

height wise.... torso and upper thighs remains the same..

height wise.... torso and upper thighs remains the same..

Yeah that's about the only similarity between the two. The arms are completely different because they don't have the double joint system. The chest is a little more smaller in the avenger's version and the booty is completely off proportioned
B1CF092A-A660-471C-BC35-0999D513502C-4457-000007A184F59D7A.jpg

91AFCE11-548B-4C18-A09B-BAC0EBDD6104-4361-00000797D4F468CF.jpg

5737A2E2-A8DD-4789-8D9E-E99A446D8743-4457-000007A16CE33608.jpg

51C74DD9-83A4-4154-95FF-CED6B554655C-4361-0000079881A0D64C.jpg

B1B74241-805A-4884-8098-2E966EC81BE9-4457-000007A19628467B.jpg

6BD7CF63-4EE5-496F-AAC2-8AAEB7FE2D64-4457-000007A1A1AB7676.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at those pics on my phone and my daughter asked me what I am looking at, then the wife got curious also. Very awkward!!!

I was looking at those pics on my phone and my daughter asked me what I am looking at, then the wife got curious also. Very awkward!!!

It's just a figure! :slap I wouldn't even have my phone near the kids or the wife, don't you know how to use discretion :cuckoo: :nono

Fine.. I just wanted to experiment with the look :dunno

I'll abandon the idea, this is the last of it. Stick to just the custom clothes

Ok I guess I have to spell it out: I was T-O-T-A-L-L-Y K-I-D-D-I-N-G

I guess everyone did actually ignore the BW behind in my signature. :slap

Back