Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh c'mom Thrift... you saw my review!
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86558

detail6-14.jpg

Is that the wrong way?? :dunno

What's LCS stand for?

Local Comic Shop....:wave

Local Comic Shop....:wave

:lol thanks. Not many of those in Los Angeles these days, none that sell hot toys anyway. Closest I know of are CSC in anahiem and frank and sons in diamond bar... Both 45 min drives for me.

Gift is just one part, the other is the value. Check to see if it's above $30.

Same here, man.
My second figure that´s been charged by customs although it´s been marked by goodshiped as a gift every time.

Vodoun, you got an idea why customs didn´t charge my first two from HK, namely T2 Arnold and DX-02 Bats and why they now all off a sudden charge for the T-1000 and War Machine?
Nothing different, all the same.

On this way I get mine tuesday, or wednesday and again costs me more and what´s more important:
By the time I bought it from Goodshipped Leo didn´t have a combo offer so he offered it me over mail.
How am I supposed to lay down a proof of what my package is, if it was a non-ebay-arrangement together with the proof of the payment?!
:gah:

I do not know how it goes in Germany, Timo, but in France Customs tend to tax always (or almost) packages shipped via EMS mode. They have a rule of calculation of their own (ironic sigh) because they are based on the price in dollars (the grand total with shipping included!). They multiply happily in a good 20% of taxes they transform magically in euros! Meaning they gross up to 30% more! Real bastards!... Excuse me, folks, but this makes me bristle hairs every time...
... And I did not mention the 30 euros on average they add as folder fee... That is sadly laughable...
That's why I always request that one sends me my orders via Priority Mode...

30%?!?!?!?
Sons of B******!!!!!!!

But what´s priority mode, Thierry?

I just asked Leo about those $30 and what we could do about those $40 I have to pay on now?
Have to see what he does...

Any idea what I could do about the item description that they want? Cause I don´t have somethin´like that, like I said...non-ebay arrangement with Leo...

Gift is just one part, the other is the value. Check to see if it's above $30.

I will check that out when i get it on tuesday ..i just hope i don't have to pay anything more for my chris taylor.

Well i will just have to take comfort in the fact that warmachine will become an expensive one down the line as will chris i'd imagine.

Mine FINALLY shipped from BBTS this morning...After being in the Warehouse all week.

So this guy's pretty ____ing awesome, I have to say. The only problem thus far is the little clips that the machine guns pop into on his arms are fragile, and one's already broken off. Need to superglue it.

cr0w, what Iron Man figures do you have?

Same here, man.
My second figure that´s been charged by customs although it´s been marked by goodshiped as a gift every time.

Vodoun, you got an idea why customs didn´t charge my first two from HK, namely T2 Arnold and DX-02 Bats and why they now all off a sudden charge for the T-1000 and War Machine?
Nothing different, all the same.

It can depend on a number of things, I've had that happen with some HK shops. Two got past fine yet more in the future got stung. Yet more escaped and so it goes on.

It's nothing personal against you. Gift and low value usually gets past customs 99.9% of the time. Sometimes if there's an excessive amount of packages coming in each month you've got a stronger chance getting fees regardless the value and marked as gift.

Other times they let a huge amount of parcels slip past and sometimes it can be your parcel they pull out from the line to examine and slap the fees on. It's just the chance you take while nothing can be done about it. Some people escape it all the time but I guess lady luck is on their side. Sadly never mine.

They can do whatever they want. Just like the same problem if you get a defective product from Sideshow and send it back while waiting on a replacement. Try and get the fees back out of Fedex for speeding up customs clearance. As they take a small administration fee for clearing it. It'll be nigh impossible. We pay again.

I will check that out when i get it on tuesday ..i just hope i don't have to pay anything more for my chris taylor.

Well i will just have to take comfort in the fact that warmachine will become an expensive one down the line as will chris i'd imagine.

$30 can sometimes be caught for fees but I have had parcels get released with no fees at $30 while others have been stung at $30. Golden Warrior marks his down at $18 and has always escaped the import fees.

$30 can be a hit or a miss, anything higher and we'll be stung everytime.

I'm really not looking forward to January 20. As VAT goes up to 20%. Customs will probably get worse. I doubt they'll be less lenient when that hits.

Last edited:
Mark I, BD Mark III and War Machine. Had both the original MkIII and the MkII, but I narrowed it down to the figures I only truly wanted and liked. Didn't want Bondage Gear Mickie Rourke or Super Busty Happy Fantasy Girl OK! at all.

Trying to decide if I want the MkIV or MkVI.

It can depend on a number of things, I've had that happen with some HK shops. Two got past fine yet more in the future got stung. Yet more escaped and so it goes on.

It's nothing personal against you. Gift and low value usually gets past customs 99.9% of the time. Sometimes if there's an excessive amount of packages coming in each month you've got a stronger chance getting fees regardless the value and marked as gift.

Other times they let a huge amount of parcels slip past and sometimes it can be your parcel they pull out from the line to examine and slap the fees on. It's just the chance you take while nothing can be done about it. Some people escape it all the time but I guess lady luck is on their side. Sadly never mine.

They can do whatever they want. Just like the same problem if you get a defective product from Sideshow and send it back while waiting on a replacement. Try and get the fees back out of Fedex for speeding up customs clearance. As they take a small administration fee for clearing it. It'll be nigh impossible. We pay again.

$30 can sometimes be caught for fees but I have had parcels get released with no fees at $30 while others have been stung at $30. Golden Warrior marks his down at $18 and has always escaped the import fees.

$30 can be a hit or a miss, anything higher and we'll be stung everytime.

I'm really not looking forward to January 20. As VAT goes up to 20%. Customs will probably get worse. I doubt they'll be less lenient when that hits.

Man, thanks a lot...that was a really helpful answer.
No irony there, honestly.

I can´t believe that someone marks it with $18 and nothing happens.
I wrote goodshipped this afternoon, when he´s responded I might give him a heads up on that subject.

And you always pay taxes, man?
That blows some seriois monkey balls, so I´m lucky with 50/50 for now, huh?

And you always pay taxes, man?
That blows some seriois monkey balls, so I´m lucky with 50/50 for now, huh?

Not always. Just the likes of Sideshow/American shops. Hong Kong shops can be a hit or a miss but so far everything on eBay or Toys2 has escaped.

All you can do is hope for the best.

Last edited:
Not always. Just the likes of Sideshow/American shops. Hong Kong shops can be a hit or a miss but so far everything on eBay or Toys2 has escaped.

All you can do is hope for the best.

Hm?!
In youur previous post you said lady luck never was on your side, and now it sounds llike almost all of your stuff escaped the customs?

But hoping for the best is now all I do, since I got aseeming attention of me with my T-1000.

My WM came to my house two days ago. is an impressive figure.
but I'm seeing images of the film. the WM of the movie is almost black. or completely black. I'm not sure that's a very dark gray.
who do you think?
thought someone repaint the figure?

30%?!?!?!?
Sons of B******!!!!!!!

But what´s priority mode, Thierry?

I just asked Leo about those $30 and what we could do about those $40 I have to pay on now?
Have to see what he does...

Any idea what I could do about the item description that they want? Cause I don´t have somethin´like that, like I said...non-ebay arrangement with Leo...

Priority International Parcel Service: is the mode of non-express air shipments. You pay less expensive than in EMS (approx. $38 for a figure). The delivery time is 11 to 15 days. You can request a tracking number as well as insurance. I've never had a problem for this mode.

Back