Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm?!
In youur previous post you said lady luck never was on your side, and now it sounds llike almost all of your stuff escaped the customs?

But hoping for the best is now all I do, since I got aseeming attention of me with my T-1000.

I've only bought a few figures off eBay and 2 truetypes from Toys2 with whatever that escaped customs from Hong Kong shops. I guess you could say it's been 50/50.

The only reason I stick to Sideshow even though the cruddy custom fees, it's only because of Hot Toys poor quality control. I prefer to wait it out rather than the risk of getting a duffer.

:lol thanks. Not many of those in Los Angeles these days, none that sell hot toys anyway. Closest I know of are CSC in anahiem and frank and sons in diamond bar... Both 45 min drives for me.

Whatcha talking about? There's DJ's Universal Comics in Studio City. Cat, the owner, sells Hot Toys below retail:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dj'...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Other stores in L.A.:
Halo13 at the Burbank Mall, Blast from the Past in Burbank, Things From Another World at Universal Studios City Walk, Xtreme Toys in the Montebello Mall, Phat Collectibles in Orange County, etc, etc.... All of them sell Hot Toys. Research bro, RESEARCH.

Last edited:
Whatcha talking about? There's DJ's Universal Comics in Studio City. Cat, the owner, sells Hot Toys below retail:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dj'...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Other stores in L.A.:
Halo13 at the Burbank Mall, Blast from the Past in Burbank, Things From Another World at Universal Studios City Walk, Xtreme Toys in the Montebello Mall, Phat Collectibles in Orange County, etc, etc.... All of them sell Hot Toys. Research bro, RESEARCH.

Phat Collectibles doesn't carry many Hot Toys though. I was there about a week ago and they only had one figure. Talked to the owner and he told he hoped to start carrying more Hot Toys in the future.

Phat Collectibles doesn't carry many Hot Toys though. I was there about a week ago and they only had one figure. Talked to the owner and he told he hoped to start carrying more Hot Toys in the future.

Heard the same from him. He just got an account with Sideshow and should start getting them soon.

I would strongly recommend DJ's Universal Comics and Halo13 if Frank and Son's is too far away for some. However, don't expect to walk into DJ's and see a wide variety of Hot Toys since he mostly does preorders, but like I mentioned, prices are good there. Halo13 has Hot Toys in stock and on display and if you preorder, they also hook you up.

Heard the same from him. He just got an account with Sideshow and should start getting them soon.

I would strongly recommend DJ's Universal Comics and Halo13 if Frank and Son's is too far away for some. However, don't expect to walk into DJ's and see a wide variety of Hot Toys since he mostly does preorders, but like I mentioned, prices are good there. Halo13 has Hot Toys in stock and on display and if you preorder, they also hook you up.

Despite it being Scalper Heaven, Frank and Son is an awesome place to shop for Hot Toys. Definitely check out Neo's booth, he sells his stuff at reasonable prices unlike other HT sellers there.

Despite it being Scalper Heaven, Frank and Son is an awesome place to shop for Hot Toys. Definitely check out Neo's booth, he sells his stuff at reasonable prices unlike other HT sellers there.

No joke, but some are reasonable, and since there are a bunch of HT sellers there, you can pretty much look around! I at least try to go twice a month. Just to look around mostly, but its so hard not to buy anything when you are there....hahhaah!

which isle is Neo's booth?

I bought my war machine at booth by the hot dog vendor and the Peanuts/candy vendor. Its the one facing perpendicular to all the isles. I actually got mine the same price as i would if i wouldve ordered from loontentoys. so not a bad deal at all!

Mine is perfect other than between the forearm and the tricep- were they join. Mine has what looks like box cuts on one and has worn paint on the other. Is this common?

No joke, but some are reasonable, and since there are a bunch of HT sellers there, you can pretty much look around! I at least try to go twice a month. Just to look around mostly, but its so hard not to buy anything when you are there....hahhaah!

which isle is Neo's booth?

I bought my war machine at booth by the hot dog vendor and the Peanuts/candy vendor. Its the one facing perpendicular to all the isles. I actually got mine the same price as i would if i wouldve ordered from loontentoys. so not a bad deal at all!

"Neo" is actually Aneel, the Pakistani guy on aisle 700.

So you got your WM from Bobby. Yeah, he's got good prices. Actually, they all have good prices on the recently released stuff. It's the older stuff that's expensive. But I would expect that from any dealer, anywhere.

Mine arrived yesterday, here he is with the rest of my Marvel family. Can't wait for Cap and thor next year!

marvel01.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday, here he is with the rest of my Marvel family. Can't wait for Cap and thor next year!

marvel01.jpg

Very nice display. Nice choice of poses too. Too often collectors pose their figs in a way that just screams "toy". Your setup is refreshing.

marvel01.jpg

Hands down best display, photo, lighting and group poses of 2010!

Breathtakingiy beautiful, simply gorgeous and epic!

Your one single photo made me fall deeper in love with collecting comic book superheros.

Like the other person said, very un-toy like. Blade and wolverine look bat____ bad ass!

Wow, HT's Captain America is awesome :wink1:

Finally someone succeeded at making Black Widow fit in amongst the other heroes instead of just a barbie with big plastic boobies with her zipper down :lol

Congrats.

Oh, and it's wife approved.

Quick, please take an ultra high resolution photo of that display, need it for my desktop :lol

Last edited:
im having trouble on how to display my war machine, all i have him doing now is stand upright with his gatling gun pointing up in it's rest position. I am tempted to convert his lights to USB powered but it's alot of work =/

Hands down best display, photo, lighting and group poses of 2010!

Breathtakingiy beautiful, simply gorgeous and epic!

Your one single photo made me fall deeper in love with collecting comic book superheros.

Like the other person said, very un-toy like. Blade and wolverine look bat____ bad ass!

Wow, HT's Captain America is awesome :wink1:

Finally someone succeeded at making Black Widow fit in amongst the other heroes instead of just a barbie with big plastic boobies with her zipper down :lol

Congrats.

Oh, and it's wife approved.

Quick, please take an ultra high resolution photo of that display, need it for my desktop :lol

I´m all in for a desktop HD photo, too.
Loving the setup, man.
Really buying it, excellent job.
:thud:

Thats Kotobukiya's CA, 1/6 scale statue:)

That I knew, I was just joking with the dude because he filled the Cap void with a Koto product, hence my wink to him at the end of my sentence.

Besides, like Mike said, it's really 1/7.

But thanks anyways trying to educate me, that's good forum manners :rock

Very nice display. Nice choice of poses too. Too often collectors pose their figs in a way that just screams "toy". Your setup is refreshing.

Poses make all the difference in the world, when displaying a figure. There were a few times where at first did not like a figure, but then after seeing some great poses posted on the net, I changed my mind and actually bought the figure.

Back