Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had him sitting on the front porch when I got home today.:yess:
He is a fantastic figure with some great poses. I was surprised by how lite he is, looks like he has alot more heft when just looking at him in the display case. Now to wait for the Mark VI to ship to put them in the final battle pose.:hi5:

Thats exactley what im doing with them back to back wit hthe masks both up. I got my warmachine in today from alter ego and all I can say is wow wow wow. The light up looks really good on mine cant wait to get my mark v1

But the left hand light doesn't work :tap

No matter........the WOW remains.

update:

Scratch that, it does work...very weak light though......hopefully just a dead battery.

Speaking of which, let me go see how to change that.

Only other issue is that the left elbow upper joint is slightly loose. The right arm is nice and tight.

The wrist guns should've been designed to snap close and snap open and the pins should've just been a resting and alignment spot, instead they are what holds the guns in place.

No collectible is perfect.

What's amazing with the engineering is just how close the right shoulder rocket pack sits next to his head!

Pictures do him no justice! The whole toy thing.....right out the window!

I can't stop posing the bastard!

Last edited:
My contribution

69549_10150331631005508_747120507_16310048_4168382_n.jpg

72027_10150331629900508_747120507_16310028_2266560_n.jpg

Finally have this guy out of his box now. I ended up putting him on an extra dx bats base, because that dinky standard one is just too freakin' small for this monster.

rrr.jpg

I took his pose off one of the prototype shots I dug on. Anyways, opened him up and happy to see all the pieces/lights/limbs/etc. in working order, though his right elbow cover is a bit loose.

My first impressions...

1. Lighter than I thought he'd be, given his size.
2. Also feels a bit more fragile than the Mark III BD.
3. Those guns could have been attached better.
4. The paint job is awesome.
5. The articulation is a bit limited by the size of the armor, but the flexible waist and articulated fingers make up for it.
6. They certainly fixed the "shoulder to chest" gap problem with this guy. He definitely looks more like a man in a suit.
7. That stand is useless. The hammock doesn't do much to hold him in place.
8. I think the good far outweighs the bad, and that this is such an improvement over past IM figures. Can't wait for Mark IV.

Overall, War Machine for the win.

Cheers!:)

Finally have this guy out of his box now. I ended up putting him on an extra dx bats base, because that dinky standard one is just too freakin' small for this monster.

rrr.jpg

I took his pose off one of the prototype shots I dug on. Anyways, opened him up and happy to see all the pieces/lights/limbs/etc. in working order, though his right elbow cover is a bit loose.

My first impressions...

1. Lighter than I thought he'd be, given his size.
2. Also feels a bit more fragile than the Mark III BD.
3. Those guns could have been attached better.
4. The paint job is awesome.
5. The articulation is a bit limited by the size of the armor, but the flexible waist and articulated fingers make up for it.
6. They certainly fixed the "shoulder to chest" gap problem with this guy. He definitely looks more like a man in a suit.
7. That stand is useless. The hammock doesn't do much to hold him in place.
8. I think the good far outweighs the bad, and that this is such an improvement over past IM figures. Can't wait for Mark IV.

Overall, War Machine for the win.

Cheers!:)

I was able to get both his feet onto the stand and make the cradle work but he definately needs to lean back somewhat for him to be stable, his rear pelvis actually rests on the cradle.

......Ehhh, who am I kidding, his stand sucks, it's meant for mini war machine :lol

What were they thinking.

I bet they use the same stand for their Hulk :horror

I was able to get both his feet onto the stand and make the cradle work but he definately needs to lean back somewhat for him to be stable, his rear pelvis actually rests on the cradle.

......Ehhh, who am I kidding, his stand sucks, it's meant for mini war machine :lol

What were they thinking.

I bet they use the same stand for their Hulk :horror

Doubt there'll be a Hot Toys Hulk, making it accurate to scale would be twice or thrice the size of the usual hot toys and I cant see that happening:( Would you want a hulk thats the same size as batman?

Doubt there'll be a Hot Toys Hulk, making it accurate to scale would be twice or thrice the size of the usual hot toys and I cant see that happening:( Would you want a hulk thats the same size as batman?

never doubt man....HT did make a powerloader, tumbler, batpod.

i also want to add, that by the time the avengers hits theaters...i'm banking that HT, by then, would've come up with some new technology/material that'll make hulk poseable without sacrificing looks.

My War Machine is out for delivery today will match him up with my original Mk III at least until my pre ordered Mk VI arrives. After seeing how great the Mk IV looks I want one of those as well however being Christmas and having Children limits my disposable income this time of year.

Thanks for the pics Theo...:rock

Love them!

Awesome soft glow, awesome action poses...you actually made BW look cool instead of a big boob barbie, not an easy task!

My War Machine is out for delivery today will match him up with my original Mk III at least until my pre ordered Mk VI arrives. After seeing how great the Mk IV looks I want one of those as well however being Christmas and having Children limits my disposable income this time of year.

Sell your Mk3 to pay for the Mk4! I sold my BD MK 3 months ago in anticipation for the MK4, figured since I dont have the Mk 1 or 2, there was no point in doing a Hall of Armors thing, so I'll be thoroughly happy with the Mk4 and WM

But the left hand light doesn't work :tap

No matter........the WOW remains.

update:

Scratch that, it does work...very weak light though......hopefully just a dead battery.

Speaking of which, let me go see how to change that.

Only other issue is that the left elbow upper joint is slightly loose. The right arm is nice and tight.

The wrist guns should've been designed to snap close and snap open and the pins should've just been a resting and alignment spot, instead they are what holds the guns in place.

No collectible is perfect.

What's amazing with the engineering is just how close the right shoulder rocket pack sits next to his head!

Pictures do him no justice! The whole toy thing.....right out the window!

I can't stop posing the bastard!

Glad you liked WM, i was reading your previous posts, and i was thinking the same thing, it doesnt look all that from pictures.....went to the local collectible show (frank and sons), saw it in person, and i couldnt hold my jaw up for the entire time!!!

As for your light issue, same thing happened to me. at first i thought it doesnt work, took out the hand, turned it on, really low light. So i thought it was dead battery. Took out the batteries, gave a quick tshirt wipe, reinstalled, and boom! it works. Just make sure youre not pointing the light to your eyes before turning it on thinking that it will be dim again.......i was blind in my right eye for about 2 min! :slap

Glad you liked WM, i was reading your previous posts, and i was thinking the same thing, it doesnt look all that from pictures.....went to the local collectible show (frank and sons), saw it in person, and i couldnt hold my jaw up for the entire time!!!

As for your light issue, same thing happened to me. at first i thought it doesnt work, took out the hand, turned it on, really low light. So i thought it was dead battery. Took out the batteries, gave a quick tshirt wipe, reinstalled, and boom! it works. Just make sure youre not pointing the light to your eyes before turning it on thinking that it will be dim again.......i was blind in my right eye for about 2 min! :slap

Thanks for the advise :rock

HT lights actually dim after a few minutes anyways, it's just that mine (left hand only) was dim immediately :lol

He is awesome looking isn't he :rock

Thanks for the advise :rock

HT lights actually dim after a few minutes anyways, it's just that mine (left hand only) was dim immediately :lol

He is awesome looking isn't he :rock

the right hand was dimmer on mine. and the left was barely noticeable. Read that HT figures sometimes suffers with that issue and re inserting the batteries usually fixes it.

Very awesome figure! First purchase of a HT figure, and i couldnt happier! Waiting for MKiv, and the journey to going broke begins! hahahaha

ah not sure if i should do the USB mod to this guy =/ would be awesome to just flick on a remote switch to turn on all of war machine's lighting

Back