Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right, it's Batman's.

Seriously though, it would not blend perfectly at all. Your best bet would be to use the MMS DX mouths because atleast you would only be minimally damaging one figure.

It would not be worth carving up the Takara head. Atleast with the OC Batman the mouth is glued into place (same setup as the MMS DX actually) but with the Takara you're just destroying it.

I was actually originally thinking Medicom Or DX, but isn't the mouth opening smaller on TDK cowl?

The mouth on the HT figure is not Bales.

I don't know, looks like his mouth to me and even more so on the HT mini bust i have as well.

Not my actual figure in the pic.
0300a70eaa2af5d482a435bc22897424.jpg

Dumb. Why the hell would someone do that?

1.) You ruin two figures.

2.) One is perfect the way it is. The other is just fine.

3.) Completely different head sizes and mouth holes.

4.) Did I mention you ruin two figures? One that's really, REALLY valuable?

I could see swapping capes, but a mouth transplant? Ridiculous.

i've ruined my figure ... damn ... :(

batsss2.png

Well to be fair I remember you mentioned using super sculpey or something to build it up around the mouth. I know it's not an easy swap.

For all we know, in hand without that gorgeous lighting, spectacular effects and background imagery (that you used on the other ones) it may very well look like a hacked up piece of crap. In that pic you have heavy shadows that make your work blend in seamlessly. I gave you credit where credit was due on those actual pics when you posted them months ago. A real phenomenal job. But I bet I could tell that you customized it if I was standing right there next to you.

There's really no reason for someone to customize the OC Batman's mouth piece other than as a hobby (like you have done) or simply because they want to do it. The OC Batman mouth is fine. I don't know if you agree with Nygma or not, but I just can't agree with the notion that the face doesn't look like Bale. It looks fantastic as is.

I can see customizing the capes but cutting up and frankensteining a perfect headsculpt like OC Batman is a sinful act. :lol

The thought did occur to me that you might come in with a pic since I knew damn well you swapped faces yourself but ____ it, I don't care. Swapping mouth pieces is a DUMB idea. Especially if you're trying to swap it with the Takara Batman.

Think about it. I'm sure you're skilled at customizing, but could you see Nygma successfully chopping crap up and putting together a decent looking Batman with the takara mouth attached to the Hot Toys OC? I don't think so.

Leave it alone, especially at $200 plus dollars.

can anyone answer my question?

anyone here shortened the neck on the OC bats?

btw, just wanna throw in my two cents here, difab is right that the OC mouth does look like bale. those in disagreement, watch the movie again (begins, not TDK, since the OC was the main suit in the 1st movie). there are MANY times when even the cowl, mouth (due to make up, lighting and the fact that bale was overweight during most scenes shot with him in the suit) are inconsistent throughout the entire movie. and it's the same friggin actor!! takara's sculpt of bale in the cowl is, what i believe, from publicity shots. the HT sculpt is from specific scenes where his lips appear a bit more red. most notable : the scene when rachel was about to be mugged/whacked on the train station. look at bales mouth in that scene. NOW...look at how the cowl and mouth appears in the scene RIGHT before it, where he takes down falconi.

see it??

basically, the two different sculpts are of the same actor and cowl...but yet are different because the source material the sculptors used is different.

hope that makes sense.

anyway, so...yeah, can anyone give me pointers on how to shorten the OC neck??

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone answer my question?

anyone here shortened the neck on the OC bats?

btw, just wanna throw in my two cents here, difab is right that the OC mouth does look like bale. those in disagreement, watch the movie again (begins, not TDK, since the OC was the main suit in the 1st movie). there are MANY times when even the cowl, mouth (due to make up, lighting and the fact that bale was overweight during most scenes shot with him in the suit) are inconsistent throughout the entire movie. and it's the same friggin actor!! takara's sculpt of bale in the cowl is, what i believe, from publicity shots. the HT sculpt is from specific scenes where his lips appear a bit more red. most notable : the scene when rachel was about to be mugged/whacked on the train station. look at bales mouth in that scene. NOW...look at how the cowl and mouth appears in the scene RIGHT before it, where he takes down falconi.

see it??

basically, the two different sculpts are of the same actor and cowl...but yet are different because the source material the sculptors used is different.

hope that makes sense.

oh and difab, not starting anything with you, but you did come off as rude. you may not see it cause you're passionate about the sculpt and also you do want the dude to see that what he wants to do is pointless...but in the end, if he likes how bale's mouth looked in publicity shots (takara mouthpiece) and wants to attempt the do this crazy mod, then so be it, it's his money afterall.

anyway, so...yeah, can anyone give me pointers on how to shorten the OC neck??

Thank you, lol...back to the subject. Thrust, did you shorten the neck? and if so, how did you do it?

Back