Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say declining... that listing is for a figure missing some stuff and the box. It's still around 300 MIB.

I am determined to be happy with my Takara as a Begins representation, but this is very tempting...

Eh, if you like your Takara version then why bother?

I wouldn't say declining... that listing is for a figure missing some stuff and the box. It's still around 300 MIB.

It might be cooling a bit, with the DX version being a damn nice looking figure people might be going that route ATM.

Eh, if you like your Takara version then why bother?

It might be cooling a bit, with the DX version being a damn nice looking figure people might be going that route ATM.

Nope, I'm always curious on value of this figures so I sometimes check ebay for pricing and its usually above $400 on ebay everytime I check.

He's probably basing that price on 2 figures on ebay at the moment. One is a little over $200 but its loose, no box, doesnt have the original stand, etc.

The other one that's under $300 is a false advertising in my opinion. Its the Batman Begins version but its labeled Original in the header, I guess since technically, its originally the first version but that is not the Dark Knight Original version.

The I think the cheapest I've seen this sell is still around $350.

Last edited:
Nope, I'm always curious on value of this figures so I sometimes check ebay for pricing and its usually above $400 on ebay everytime I check.

I think the cheapest I've seen this sell is still around $350.

Are you sure?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Dark-Knight-Batman-Batman-Begins-Figure-/320584538633?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa453da09

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-BATMAN-THE-DARK-KNIGHT-ORIGINAL-COSTUME-/290468190727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a140da07

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-BATMAN-THE-DARK-KNIGHT-ORIGINAL-COSTUME-/290465884014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a11da76e

Those look under $400 and $350 to me. What really surprises me is how much both DX figures go for now. It's insane.

I'm really not getting it why there is this harsh discussion here about this figure. everyone has his own opinion. someone loves the figure as it is, someone likes the figure but the mouth-piece not so much. is this a reason to attach someone, only because someone is saying that it's not a perfect figure?

I've seen this way of discussion now several times in this board. Why is it so hard to accept that there are different opinions? Everyone is an individual with his own feelings and own opinions. To attach someone only because he isn't in love with this figure 100% isn't right.

And as for me, I like the figure how it is from the box, but i don't think it's freaking perfect. I don't like the mouthpiece at all, i don't like that his neck is a bit too high and he could be a bit thicker/bulkier, that's why I modified my begins figure. Sure it's a hobby, but still i have done this BECAUSE i wasn't 100% in love with this figure and was curious how it looks with a different mouthpiece, or a shorter cowl etc.

And sure Nygma has posted some disrespectful posts, but it doesn't give you the right attaching him. If you're so much smarter then him, then show him the right way how he should show more respect to the opinions of the others and not replying to him with a much more disrespectful way - especially when he's only saying his own opinion here.

Hopefully we can get back now to the topic.

Thank you Thrustmaster. :1-1:

I like My Takara as well, but I'm starting to notice it doesn't fit in so well like I thought it would. I'm starting to notice that it is way too skinny. It didn't bother me before, but I even went so far as to put padding in the suit to make him more bulky, and it still bothers me. There are some really nice aspects of the figure, but there are also some serious flaws.

The takara was good during its run. At that time, it was regarded as best batman even compared to hot toys BB V1.
Its articulation is ridiculously amazing.

Its just that compared to the HT OC batman, there's just no comparison. The OC bats is just amazing.

I just see issues with the head is all, but yes it looks amazing.

A Pers Batman Begins head would be so great. I feel you can't pose this figure down, because he can't look upward.

A Pers Batman Begins head would be so great. I feel you can't pose this figure down, because he can't look upward.

4876128893_64ffc85104_b.jpg

Yeah but the second part of my post. The eyes are painted looking straight, so if you pose him downward he will be looking at the ground.

I like My Takara as well, but I'm starting to notice it doesn't fit in so well like I thought it would. I'm starting to notice that it is way too skinny. It didn't bother me before, but I even went so far as to put padding in the suit to make him more bulky, and it still bothers me. There are some really nice aspects of the figure, but there are also some serious flaws.

Yeah, the Takara is pretty skinny. I just have his awesome cape up over his shoulders covering nearly his entire body. Can't tell he's skinny now!

picture.php

DX BB Bats would be great but I can't imagine what he could really come with. Maybe a spread out mid-flight cape or fear-gas parts. The whole reason they did DX Joker and Bats was there was significant reason for improvement on both counts. Not to mention the iron was still hot enough to milk the liscense a bit further. With TDK Orig. Bats there is almost 0% room for improvement or at least not enough to warrant another release.

Yeah, the Takara is pretty skinny. I just have his awesome cape up over his shoulders covering nearly his entire body. Can't tell he's skinny now!

picture.php

At this distance it look great :lol but both head sculps are just really really bad IMHO. Having the HT Bruce head on and the climbing gear really does make it better though so I am displaying it in that style .. but the Takara is all sort of wrong. You have to move on and get the real deal.
:borg:

PERS isn't something I would use all that much myself. I think Jack Sparrow is about the only figure I'd really love to have it on.

So by that rationale you would like all figures to include a PERS function.... I think it's a really neat feature but I really don't want it on all of my figures, TBH.

No, not all figures. But this is a figure that would benefit greatly from it.

And I would think he would come with first night out accesories, the league of shadows outfit, and a BRUCE WAYNE HEAD.

Back