Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple pics to get this thread back on track. This is still the figure in my collection that gets the most of my attention, pure perfection.

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

^^ There ya go, man up and buy one.

As for what Thrustmaster thinks, it a opinion, like everyone here.

The figure is a acurate depiction of Bale as Batman in the Begins suit in 1/6 action figure form.

It's sad we can't have discussions in here without EvilFace, thrifty and DiFabio coming and ganging up on me trying to piss me off (they'll get theirs someday I know it.)

DiFabio, I thought you banished yourself, why do you grace us with your presence again?

Seems the price on Bats is declining somewhat. I don't expect it'll drop into the 100s anytime soon if ever but declining nonetheless. Definitely one of their top 10 best looking figures, that are currently out.

I'm really not getting it why there is this harsh discussion here about this figure. everyone has his own opinion. someone loves the figure as it is, someone likes the figure but the mouth-piece not so much. is this a reason to attach someone, only because someone is saying that it's not a perfect figure?

I've seen this way of discussion now several times in this board. Why is it so hard to accept that there are different opinions? Everyone is an individual with his own feelings and own opinions. To attach someone only because he isn't in love with this figure 100% isn't right.

And as for me, I like the figure how it is from the box, but i don't think it's freaking perfect. I don't like the mouthpiece at all, i don't like that his neck is a bit too high and he could be a bit thicker/bulkier, that's why I modified my begins figure. Sure it's a hobby, but still i have done this BECAUSE i wasn't 100% in love with this figure and was curious how it looks with a different mouthpiece, or a shorter cowl etc.

And sure Nygma has posted some disrespectful posts, but it doesn't give you the right attaching him. If you're so much smarter then him, then show him the right way how he should show more respect to the opinions of the others and not replying to him with a much more disrespectful way - especially when he's only saying his own opinion here.

Hopefully we can get back now to the topic.

And from what I recall, Ed's 15 years old, I think. So, he should learn from us on how mature people have discussions :)

I'm really not getting it why there is this harsh discussion here about this figure. everyone has his own opinion. someone loves the figure as it is, someone likes the figure but the mouth-piece not so much. is this a reason to attach someone, only because someone is saying that it's not a perfect figure?

I've seen this way of discussion now several times in this board. Why is it so hard to accept that there are different opinions? Everyone is an individual with his own feelings and own opinions. To attach someone only because he isn't in love with this figure 100% isn't right.

And as for me, I like the figure how it is from the box, but i don't think it's freaking perfect. I don't like the mouthpiece at all, i don't like that his neck is a bit too high and he could be a bit thicker/bulkier, that's why I modified my begins figure. Sure it's a hobby, but still i have done this BECAUSE i wasn't 100% in love with this figure and was curious how it looks with a different mouthpiece, or a shorter cowl etc.

And sure Nygma has posted some disrespectful posts, but it doesn't give you the right attaching him. If you're so much smarter then him, then show him the right way how he should show more respect to the opinions of the others and not replying to him with a much more disrespectful way - especially when he's only saying his own opinion here.

Hopefully we can get back now to the topic.

Thank you Thrust, my sentiments exactly. Going back before this topic got derailed, I was asking also if anyone has cut their cowl and how it was done. I too also was curious how it would look with DX face.

Absolutely, this is my all time figure. True it is stunning straight out of the box. Does it need to be mod? No, but is it perfect? No.
I'm also doing the cape clip mod of repositioning it when I get my velvet cape I ordered. The face is a little outdated compared to newer hot toys standards. If you look at the John Connor, Chris Redfield, DX bats, even standard TT narrow, the faces are smooth with perfect paintjob. The OC has rough face and the paintjob compared to those figures look like it was done by a custom painter. Its not as smooth as other figures which is why I was curious myself how it would look if a DX face can be attached.
Yes, Nigma may have posted lots of immature comments then but seems to be trying to be mature about it now and didnt seem immature also in just posting his opinion. I thought it was unfair for them to be attacking him whether he has the figure or not. Not everyone can afford this figure and just because you may not have it doesnt mean you cant have an opinion on this figure.:slap

Going back before this topic got derailed, I was asking also if anyone has cut their cowl and how it was done.

Sorry Remy, missed your request earlier...

I had to cut mine due to some glue damage. The posts below detail the process:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2658621&postcount=3035

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2660630&postcount=3044

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2661400&postcount=3046

Thanks Pennyworth.
So I assume, you just used exacto knife? Did you heat the head to make it softer or just trimmed away?

Man you did such an awesome job.

Last edited:
That's a damn good price for this figure... Not sure what the issue is with the mouth either. If you take ANY movie still and compare it to a figure you're going to see differences. It is a figure, after all. :slap

Thanks Pennyworth.
So I assume, you just used exacto knife? Did you heat the head to make it softer or just trimmed away?

Man you did such an awesome job.

Thanks Remy. I used sharp scissors. No heat necessary - the cowl cut like butter. I drew a line with pencil and went slow and steady....:wink1:

Back