Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am beginning to appreciate the Bale sculpt more and more each day.

More pix here

Thanks for the pics Shawn! Thinking about kitbashing a Bruce Wayne figure as well. The Saturday Toys suit doesn't appear to be a good fit on the True Type body IMO though......Bruce looks too buff in those pic...is the suit too big or is it because of the unnatural shoulders on the True Type body? Anyone think so too?

Ok, THIS is awesome -

balewoo1.jpg

:rock, Crow!! The HT Bale head looks really nice in this pic!

And for those worried about the nose, watch Batman Begins. It's supposed to be huge. The Takara nose is too small.

Awesome, I've had images I wanted to do wit the early stage of the suit, but the Tak Bruce head is so off I just was never happy with how they looked, since this is easy enough to pull off, now i can execute them.

Yeah, I thought the peg wouldn't fit either, and honestly it can be a little loose if you try to do extreme poses with it, but it's not rolling around on the neck or anything, and it's a tight fit for the most part.

Yeah, I posted pics of it in the same post as the HT Bruce head on Takara's body that I switched the figures, at the cost of the little triangles on the suit, which was unfortunate, but this cape looks sooooo much better.

Yeah, I posted pics of it in the same post as the HT Bruce head on Takara's body that I switched the figures, at the cost of the little triangles on the suit, which was unfortunate, but this cape looks sooooo much better.

Agreed. As much as the triangles being their feels necessary for the sake of accurracy, their absence actual feels more aesthetically correct, makes the cowl to suit transition smoother and almost feel like one unit more. It looks fine without them I think. Options are always nice to have.

How permanent is the removal of the HT cape, we've seen some pictures of it done but I don't recall any first hand accounts of doing it.

One more, just because I love how the cape hangs on him.

batscape1.jpg

that looks awesome. I am definately going change the cape when my Batman arrives.
Could you just punch a couple of holes through the Tak cape and re-insert the triangle tabs?

Hey cr0W could you take a pic of Bats next to the DCD Joker? Thanks in advance.

that looks awesome. I am definately going change the cape when my Batman arrives.
Could you just punch a couple of holes through the Tak cape and re-insert the triangle tabs?

Not that I can tell. They're attached to a bigger piece that's glued to the inside of the suit. The only way I can see to get them off is to break the triangles right off.

Agreed. As much as the triangles being their feels necessary for the sake of accurracy, their absence actual feels more aesthetically correct, makes the cowl to suit transition smoother and almost feel like one unit more. It looks fine without them I think. Options are always nice to have.

How permanent is the removal of the HT cape, we've seen some pictures of it done but I don't recall any first hand accounts of doing it.

I could put it right back on, but it has the two holes for the triangle pegs in it, so I can just stuff that up under the cowl and it'll look fine. The triangles keep it from hanging lower down around his neck, which makes it unable to capture a lot of the looks from the movies, where it would hang straight down his chest from his neck.

Not that I can tell. They're attached to a bigger piece that's glued to the inside of the suit. The only way I can see to get them off is to break the triangles right off.

That's a shame that you have to break them off.......still, as Maulfan said, it looks fine wth out the triangles anyway.

Thanks for posting the great photos Cr0w :rock

Sure.

The thing with the triangles...they were done right on Takara's figure. They were attached, correctly I might add, to the bottom of the cowl, freeing the cape up to move independently of them. On HT's, since the cape's attached to the triangles, which are in turn attached to the suit, in the wrong place, the restricted movement of the cape really hurts the figure. It's the one blemish on the figure, which is in my opinion the greatest Batman figure ever made.

With them gone, accuracy aside, the cape flows better and it all seems to be one cohesive piece. It's actually reminiscent of the cape on the Keaton Batman costume, which flowed out from the bottom of the cowl. Plus, the cape is a hell of a lot more maneuverable because you can choose where it connects to the cowl. I highly recommend the change if you have the means and the stomach to break off a part of a pretty damn expensive figure.

Back