Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making a cape for a friend. He wanted me to sew in some wires on the Takara cape, but I'm doing him one better, and making one from scratch. The one I'm making is the same size as the Tak one and is dual layered like the HT one to hide the five wired, poseable armature inside.
Looks great so far. Mind if I ask what type of wire you used?

batman and joker just been delivered by my friend at Parcel force. THanks to Studio Sunny for the fast shipping! Sent out on the 9th August! two days yeah!
I am opening them now. :rock

the saturday toys suit just does not look right at all. I even took out the foam in the shoulders, but it makes no difference. I think it's the True Type shoulders that is making it look too broad. May try the suit on a SS Buck body to see if if fits better. ( UPDATE - suit looks fine on buck body - damn HT's freaky shoulders!)
I took off the Ht cape and put on the Takara one. The little triangle pegs just popped right out, so replacing the HT cape is easy.:banana

SL730730.jpg

Last edited:
Great comp shot Armacord! I think the Bale sculpt is one time where the extra texture actually hurts the likeness...

Sorry about the Saturday Toys suit on the True Type body.......that was what I was going to go with but not anymore. It looks terrible......Bruce Wayne has no neck and those shoulders :monkey2

Hot Toys you really need to give us a new body with normal looking shoulders.

Sorry about the Saturday Toys suit on the True Type body.......that was what I was going to go with but not anymore. It looks terrible......Bruce Wayne has no neck and those shoulders :monkey2

I agree, thats one thing I do not like about the Hot Toys body.
The shoulders just dont look natural enough and seems too broad.

Don't change the body. Just keep the Saturday suit on the body it comes on. It looks great. Much better than the truetype.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that Bruce head, I just don't see Bale in it from any of the pictures really, and I can't quite articulate why, but it's definitely a miss for HT. Their POTC likenesses and Stallone figures scream who they even through the worst photos, but this one just doesn't hit me that way.

Don't change the body. Just keep the Saturday suit on the body it comes on. It looks great. Much better than the truetype.

In that case I may purchase the whole set (body + suit)...a local dealer is selling them separately and I was only going to buy the suit. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228
Sorry about the Saturday Toys suit on the True Type body.......that was what I was going to go with but not anymore. It looks terrible......Bruce Wayne has no neck and those shoulders

"Hot Toys you really need to give us a new body with normal looking shoulders.
The shoulders just dont look natural enough and seems too broad."

I think the "problem" is that suit not the hottoys truetype Body.
That suit has been designed for Saturday toys body and if you use the same suit in any other 1/6 body the results will be the same:..Terrible!!

However This other suit has been designed by SaturdayToys and the body used this time is the Hottoys truetype.
As you can see in the pics the results are totally diferent:rolleyes:

WARDROBESET704.jpg

WARDROBESET701.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228
Sorry about the Saturday Toys suit on the True Type body.......that was what I was going to go with but not anymore. It looks terrible......Bruce Wayne has no neck and those shoulders

"Hot Toys you really need to give us a new body with normal looking shoulders.
The shoulders just dont look natural enough and seems too broad."

I think the "problem" is that suit not the hottoys truetype Body.
That suit has been designed for Saturday toys body and if you use the same suit in any other 1/6 body the results will be the same:..Terrible!!

However This other suit has been designed by SaturdayToys and the body used this time is the Hottoys truetype.
As you can see in the pics the results are totally diferent:rolleyes:

WARDROBESET704.jpg

WARDROBESET701.jpg

Where can you get this suit?

I'm really looking forward to seeing that Bruce head, I just don't see Bale in it from any of the pictures really, and I can't quite articulate why, but it's definitely a miss for HT. Their POTC likenesses and Stallone figures scream who they even through the worst photos, but this one just doesn't hit me that way.

Depending on the lighting and the way shadows fall across his face you can see Bale in there somewhere. I'm sure when you see him in hand and with your magical photography skills you will be able to capture Bale.

That's odd. For me, I can completely see Bale in the sculpt, and what sealed it for me is that they included the subtle scars under his eye. It's very interesting how all of us perceive things differently.

Ok, I'm finally done. The triangles that I broke off because apparently mine were held on by a freak of nature glue are now attached to the bottom of the cowl via two small plastic pegs I rigged up. One end I superglued to the underside of the cowl, and the other end has the triangle superglued to it. Movie accurate and awesome. My goal was to make him look awesome with the cape draped over his shoulders, and after about a day of messing with him, I'm finally happy. First, a refresher as to what he looked like with the cape he came with.

htbats5.jpg

And now, the Takara cape after all my mods.

fyeah1-1.jpg

fyeah2-1.jpg

fyeah3-1.jpg

fyeah4-1.jpg

fyeah5-1.jpg

The cape looks so much better now, poses naturaly.
Great idea for using the Takara.

I wonder if it is possible to make the neck a little shorter.

Back