Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't quite come out as I had envisioned, but I think it still turned out well.

sanctuaryinshadows.jpg

Whoa, nice work!

That pose makes him look like Dracula though. :lol

That's not a coincidence either. Dracula was actually an inspiration for it in that he used his cape to shield himself from things that were hurtful or dangerous to him. In this interpretation, Bruce is so deep into his alter ego that his only comfort is in shadows and the light is something painful for him.

And thanks for the kudos. It's been really hard to find inspiration for Batman images.

great pic Jeff!!!! did you shoot him on a green screen?

Not quite. Same concept but not green. I used to do that, but the green kept reflecting on to the items, and I'd have to try removing the green tint from everything. My shooting space is very limited, so I couldn't move the backdrop back far enough to keep the tint away.

Anyways, I shot Batman against this fabric backdrop (different pic of Batman obviously):

IMG_3652.jpg

got him today. im speechless. once again i can label this as my favorite figure ever that can never be topped. though i say that about a lot of figures. he looks perfect and the bale sculpt looks absolutely outstanding. look at the freakin' eyes!!!! insane sculpt and paint job. makes me almost want to get another figure to pose him with the bale head. definately gonna look for a regular body to put it on. right now i got the batman posed like the pic on the inner flap of the box. hope that rubber suit can take the poses. kinda worried. the only things i dont like are the new stand, the batarangs dont stay on the belt, and the hands are a ^^^^^ to get off. when i pulled them off they pulled the entire ball joint thingy out of the arm socket and i had to gently pry the hands away from it with a small screwdriver. anyway, perfect figure. IMO anyway. even the box is perfect. the slipcase has a rough matte finish instead of the shiny reflective style ive been getting from hot toys latly. the design credits are present on the back of the box like movie credits at the bottom of a movie poster. that was a nice touch. anyway, ill let you guys get back to the photos now.

That's not a coincidence either. Dracula was actually an inspiration for it in that he used his cape to shield himself from things that were hurtful or dangerous to him. In this interpretation, Bruce is so deep into his alter ego that his only comfort is in shadows and the light is something painful for him.

And thanks for the kudos. It's been really hard to find inspiration for Batman images.

thats really cool, I also find that they have a connection.. minus the blood sucking.. haha

got him today. im speechless. once again i can label this as my favorite figure ever that can never be topped. though i say that about a lot of figures.

Do you have Hot Toys' IRON MAN on order? I get the feeling that one will top this.

and the hands are a ^^^^^ to get off. when i pulled them off they pulled the entire ball joint thingy out of the arm socket and i had to gently pry the hands away from it with a small screwdriver

I had the exact same problem.

What I did was use a piece of fine-grained sandpaper and sanded off the wide lip on the peg that goes into the hand. The problem is that the outer lip has such a secure fit inside the hand that it doesn't want to let go. Carefully sand the lip away so that very little of it remains. The peg should then go in and out of the hand easily, but it won't be so loose that the hands fall off easily. The trick is to do it a little bit at a time and keep testing. Once the hand no longer requires any prying, you're done.

What I did was use a piece of fine-grained sandpaper and sanded off the wide lip on the peg that goes into the hand. The problem is that the outer lip has such a secure fit inside the hand that it doesn't want to let go. Carefully sand the lip away so that very little of it remains. The peg should then go in and out of the hand easily, but it won't be so loose that the hands fall off easily. The trick is to do it a little bit at a time and keep testing. Once the hand no longer requires any prying, you're done.

wow you are patient, whenever that happens I just yank it out with my teeth:D

Do you have Hot Toys' IRON MAN on order? I get the feeling that one will top this.
no iron man sorry.:D but he does look kickass though. im sure the DK version of batman will kick my ass like no other, though. that's the figure ive been looking foward to the most. either way it looks like HT FTW this year. cannibal jack and now this cant compete with SS's hobbits which have been my favorite SS figures this year.

good idea. i may try that. when i put new hands on i didnt push them on all the way. the gaunlets cover the wrist anyway so you cant even tell. i dont plan on changing them often. i just didnt want 2 fists on.

i am having trouble changing hands, i am afraid to break the wrist peg
be gentle man. though i think it wouldnt be too hard to find a replacement wrist on ebay or something.

Those pix look pretty good. I'm really considering trying to hock my takara and get the HT.

Those pix look pretty good. I'm really considering trying to hock my takara and get the HT.

Nah just keep the takara, use the spare head that comes with the new HT version to make a maskless Bale Batman. Thats what i'm doing, apparantely the head fits the takara body.

Back