Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not quite the home run I was hoping for, but it does look like a decent enough upgrade over the original which I missed out on. Although those faceplates still look as iffy to me as they always did.

And seriously HT, how can you have a Returns Batman without this smiling sculpt??

keaton-smile-thumb-1686703104545.jpg

Because they gave the smiling plate to '89 Bats... with ketchup :dunno

I'm not certain I will PO this over the next 1.5+ years, but depending how my Batman Returns display is by then -- with Eternal Penguin and JazzInc Catwoman, perhaps even a JazzInc or Mars Mayor Penguin on PO by then, I may feel the need for this.

Like Davy Jones and the Nostromo spacesuits before, I don't like the one-piece rubber suit. It tweaks and bunches poorly at the shoulders, crotch, etc.

All the HT Batsuits require museum poses to look clean and nice. So as much as I like the glider -- and it would look amazing on the top of the detolf -- I'm not sure I could place the arms in a complimentary position.

With the help of rewards and managing to get my NRD back on Artisan Phoenix Joker, saving $105 on this P.O softens the blow of canceling the ‘89.

I agree, don’t see them screwing this suit up with texture.

$275 out the door for deluxe, shipping + tax included, not bad.

Last edited:
That Bruce head sculpt alone is worth $55 imo, let alone the diorama. I haven't heard of any ripped suits from DX09 or Returns 1.0
Really? $55 for a Keaton sculpt with rolling eyes is Toy Anxiety price PLUS you get the Shrek cat base. Seems pretty good to me.
Certainly in terms of what it cost to pick up after market, $55 isn’t bad. But is a little steep compared to other releases. I mean this Affleck Batman included both heads for $290.

IMG_6575.jpeg

Hmmm... was that recently?

$340 seems like the new mark for "Deluxe"... while $285 for standard. If the Affleck above is the standard, then its actually on the expensive side.

For instance, Maul was $285 with two heads.

I'm not certain I will PO this over the next 1.5+ years, but depending how my Batman Returns display is by then -- with Eternal Penguin and JazzInc Catwoman, perhaps even a JazzInc or Mars Mayor Penguin on PO by then, I may feel the need for this.

Don’t forget the Penguin Duck-Mobile (Mars & Jazz). :lol

I think Joost mentioned on the 1/6 Figure Focus livestream yesterday, he was batting around the idea of possibly an army of penguins accessory pack.

The Eternal Devito Penguin came with 2 penguin minions but I’d be up for adding more to my collection.

Last edited:
IMG_4526.jpeg

- Deluxe Base - Two Swap Out Pieces.
- Two Headsculpts, Rolling Eyes.
- Torn Cowl.
- Wired ‘89 2.0 Drape Cape
- Newly Tooled Wing Cape
- Three Faceplaces, Future Update Possible, Not Certain
- Hands + Accessories

Overall, I think it’s an adequate release for $340, though I’d definitely look to source a coupon code + rewards option. Some people paid $400 out the door for the ‘89 2.0 at SS.

Where is Nicholson 2.0.
He needs this treatment if not Artisan.

All the HT Batsuits require museum poses to look clean and nice.
I feel you get Pattinson Batman in good poses since his suit was more fabric and same with bale's batman but he does have limited articulation due to his armor plates.

Hmmm... was that recently?

$340 seems like the new mark for "Deluxe"... while $285 for standard. If the Affleck above is the standard, then its actually on the expensive side.

For instance, Maul was $285 with two heads.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-20-hot-toys-912970?var=912970

Yeah, the Affleck is so recent it hasn’t yet released. Maul including two sculpts at $285 also kind of proves my point that while $55 may be a fair price for an after-market head, it’s not the going rate for what Hot Toys typically charges to throw a second head in the box (I know you get the diorama here too, but you also lose the regular stand).

With the help of rewards and managing to get my NRD back on Artisan Phoenix Joker, saving $105 on this P.O softens the blow of canceling the ‘89.

I agree, don’t see them screwing this suit up with texture.

$275 out the door for deluxe, shipping + tax included, not bad.

You were pretty excited for Artisan Phoenix Joker. New movie was that bad? :p

Like Davy Jones and the Nostromo spacesuits before, I don't like the one-piece rubber suit. It tweaks and bunches poorly at the shoulders, crotch, etc.

All the HT Batsuits require museum poses to look clean and nice. So as much as I like the glider -- and it would look amazing on the top of the detolf -- I'm not sure I could place the arms in a complimentary position.
Yeah sadly that glider will either have to stay in the box or sit on the base behind him.

You were pretty excited for Artisan Phoenix Joker. New movie was that bad? :p
After reading the spoilers, viewing the trailers, and listening to Todd & Phoenix talk about it in a recent interview, it’s clear it’s not going in the direction I had hoped.

I was already looking at having to replace the red suit with a custom one whenever that could’ve happened. So for $460, it just isn’t a character I must own and attempt to upgrade. The sculpt and diorama look great but don’t need it. Feels good offloading two preorders I’ll say.

You have the InArt version on order?
Hope you don’t mind the new direction as much as me.

It's not quite the home run I was hoping for, but it does look like a decent enough upgrade over the original which I missed out on. Although those faceplates still look as iffy to me as they always did.

And seriously HT, how can you have a Returns Batman without this smiling sculpt??

View attachment 726832
I’m almost certain that this has to do with the complaint that fans have expressed over the years about Keaton’s Batman actually killing people with no remorse afterward as opposed to any other Batman in cinematic and television history . This particular smile came before ..the iconic scene

Maybe HT didn’t want to get in trouble or maybe because they didn’t want to repeat what they did with the DX09 2.0 smiling face and give the collectors more variety

After reading the spoilers, viewing the trailers, and listening to Todd & Phoenix talk about it in a recent interview, it’s clear it’s not going in the direction I had hoped.

I was already looking at having to replace the red suit with a custom one whenever that could’ve happened. So for $460, it just isn’t a character I must own and attempt to upgrade. The sculpt and diorama look great but don’t need it. Feels good offloading two preorders I’ll say.

You have the InArt version on order?
Hope you don’t mind the new direction as much as me.

Nah, I was thinking about getting the Inart but I just don't have any use or interest for the bundled Arthur figure to pay $1300 for that piece :ROFLMAO:

With Inart and JND possibly doing Burton Batmans too and limited space, can't say I care much for Todd's Joker in figure form.

Nah, I was thinking about getting the Inart but I just don't have any use or interest for the bundled Arthur figure to pay $1300 for that piece :ROFLMAO:

With Inart and JND possibly doing Burton Batmans too and limited space, can't say I care much for Todd's Joker in figure form.
Yeah even looking back with fresh eyes pre sequel release, $1,300 for Arthur Fleck two pack, what were they thinking. That’s a lot.

I’d be sweating bullets at this sequel
if I went all in at $1,700 for the 4 pack.

Yeah I’m with you, just give me proper Nolan & Burton stuff, I’m fine without the rest. Those two are my focal point, with some horror and one off characters on the side.

Has anyone found a working SS coupon for this?

There’s no coupons through SS, unless you’re using rewards. I’m POing with Alter Ego Comics, no tax, cheaper shipping (double box included), and their distributer is SS anyways. I’m getting it $40 cheaper with them, $320 out the door after NRD.

Back